shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies-

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I don't know who to edit my topic subject and I didn't get to finish my subject title

Anyhoo, can I get some opinions on these shoes. What do you think?
I plan on wearing them to a wedding on Friday. I have a plain black, long halter dress and just wanted to "jazz it up" with shoes of another color or maybe jewelry. Just didn't want to be all black. Your comments good or bad are greatly appreciated!
Any suggestions are welcomed as well.
I am getting mixed reviews on them. One friend called them too "bridal?"

Thanks!
9.gif

ETA: Shoe color is Champagne.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Pic from the website:

from website.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Pic from my camera: (U can see the color difference, it''s more true in this shot)

Thanks again!

shoesmaller.JPG

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2005 3:34:25 PM
Author: Angel7
Pic from my camera: (U can see the color difference, it''s more true in this shot)

Thanks again!
I love them!!! They look fun, elegant and not too bridal, I don''t think. If they were white maybe, but they aren''t so I say go for it!
emthup.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys. I''m so torn. My best friend is a fashion designer and she didn''t like them so it totally made me rethink my purchase. Thought I would come on here and get some extra thoughts.
21.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m no fashion designer but I think those would look great with a black dress!!! It''s a nice way to impart a different look than the standard black shoe most people would typically wear with a black dress.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
They do look a bit bridal due to the white, but I love them, I think with a long black dress they''d be really eye-catching. Wear em!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say wear them as well. I think they''re very pretty!!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! I''m gonna try them on with the actual dress (duh, should have done that already) and see how I feel.
They do like white in the pics but in person they are champagneish, I believe the color they used was Sandalwood.
I just like that they are a departure from plain black and they''re a nice "fall" shoe.

Thanks again!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I love them! Definitely better than an all-black shoe if your dress is all black.

Okay, next question (coming from a fanatic), do you have *jazzy* handbag to carry?
9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh Diamond Lil, of course I do! Ok, I did however get different shoes. I had friends come over and look at them in person and they just were not liking them. So I got these but in SILVER! (Try to invision the silver)

Nina-shoes-Flo-(Powder-Sand)-010604.jpg
Nina-shoes-Flo-(Powder-Sand)-010601.jpg

Here is my jazzy silver and black clutch.

purse.jpg

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I really liked the first pair of shoes you posted, but if they didn''t look as good in person, then you made the right decision. I think the other shoes will look really cute in silver and your clutch is perfect!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Yippee, I am much happier with the silver...the reason? Because from the back you will look more together. The other shoes had no black on the back. From the back you will now see silver-silver and black are a great combination.

Also the silver imparts no specific season. (no white shoes before memorial day/after labor...yadda yadda yadda) And they are wearable again and again. Looks fabulous with a pair of jeans black turtleneck silver chain belt. Or the Christmas red dress...or what ever!

Silver yummy. The design, height of heal and shape of the shoe is such that it garners attention...so do count the shoes as an accessory. Don''t over do the rest, 2 to 3 total maximum. Quiet on the jewelry...simple...not too elaborate. One piece like a bracelet...or a simple necklace...but stop there. Too much texture or movement with those silver shoes would be well...not so good. Oops...your purse accessory will count as two...(just my opinion of course, just so you''ll know I''ll be at home Friday night...doing laundry...not sure how much merit my accessory count opinion has! My accessory will be a shout stick and bounce sheets.)
Eat both the bride and groom cake! Report back, please. I am a no carbie. Details.
36.gif

DKS

PS. those wedding floors are usually slick...those new shoes can use something scruffy on the bottom...we dont want your best accessory to be your graceful fall...

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Mara...those babies don''t look white to me...they look a pale or baby pink in the pics...but definately not white...

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I agree, Atroop. They look pale pink to me.

I like the silver too, Angel, especially with that bag. It seems like a more complete "look" to me.
1.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I agree they are not white...but champagne like she said. The first photo looks whiteish...and the real photograph looks pinkish champagne.

The first choice was quite a lovely shoe...they appear more formal and tuxedo like. The fabric is what makes me also think of bridal party when I see that type of material. Bridal party or prom shoe. Isn''t that the material that the shoe comes in solid bright white and the store will die the fabric for you? I think that is what I am confusing it with.

That shoe would look fabulous with a same shade of champagne dress with a black lace camisole peaking through to match the toe tips. Or a black lace shrug over the champagne dress. I think there is still hope for those shoes! Just too harsh with the stark all black dress. IMO, of course.

Oh how I love this forum. I can just yak and yak.

DKS

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! Wedding was great and I destroyed the shoes on the bottom so there is NO WAY Nordstroms is going to take them back! They weren''t the most comfy shoes in the world, hmm maybe I can get a buyer on ebay!!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results