shape
carat
color
clarity

Info-mercial Sucker?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BooRadley

Rough_Rock
I admit I''m sometimes tempted by the info-mercial hucksters. The latest thing to have captured my attention is the "Germ Terminator"--for all your phobia needs.
I have managed to resist the Alexis Vogel "**** Star makeup kit", but i did succumb to the "Super Chopper" which allows me to make and eat prodigious quantities of guacamole in record time.

What have you been suckered into--and was it as advertised or a rip-off?
twirl.gif

BooRadley

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, this one hurts Boo. Two years ago I had a long bout of insomnia and found myself captive to the TV in the wee hours of the morning. There I'd sit with eyes wide as saucers, face bathed in the glow of the TV, mastercard in one hand, phone in the other...

I bought a steam cleaner with all kinds of nozzles and gadgets, a total gym, cosmetics, Wolfgang Puck's entire collection of stainless steel cookware, a lot of kitchen gadgets, stuff for the garden, 2 sets of The Firm workout CDs, a Pilates CD, and a lot more things that I can't remember at the moment. I was very fortunate that everything I bought actually worked as advertised. My friends and neighbors started joking about the number of boxes being delivered to my house -- claiming I either had a fetish about UPS drivers or else I needed an intervention to overcome shopaholic syndrome.
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
My girlfriend Tina is SOOOOO a gimmick sucker....it's not even funny.

She was OBSESSED for the longest time with the Juiceman Jr. Part of the attraction: it came with a FREE breadmaker. Of course, they already HAD *2* breadmakers, but she yearned terrible for that juicer!

God bless her....she's also the same one who wanted to apply for a credit card she didn't need (and couldn't afford to have) because she was intrigued that it had a "smart chip" in it!

Oh, and let's not forget the one she wanted to apply for because it came in leopard print...one of her favorite patterns.

She is the informercial creator's DREAM! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results