shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought a house!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lara, the house is GORGEOUS!!! It really does look brand new! It kinda reminds me of my parents'' house in Florida . . . which IS brand new! Congratulations again!!! And ditto Jewelerman''s idea about the house being a great jewelry case for your upgraded e-ring! LOL!
2.gif
9.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 10:07:43 AM
Author: LaraOnline
Hi Guys! DF, thanks for the post! You were very encouraging of me getting my ''upgrade'', so I appreciate you dropping in!
35.gif

Phoenix, I agree that Qld is fantastic. That''s where I come from!!! All the best people come from Qld, it is so nice and relaxed and ''real''... and lovely and hot - it''s like you''re on holidays all the time. Aah, I miss Qld. Have you been to Cooktown? You must! (Where I come from
20.gif
)

I could post more pictures...these are all from the internet real estate postings, so I guess the vendors won''t be mad at me...

Here is the view from my main bedroom...

oh my goodness!!! look at that view..its absolutely breath-taking....it looks like its a painting..totally amazing..

love ur kitchen as well....

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
When are you going to have a pricescope party?I can be packed and ready...well...now!...can you imagine a party like that and all of us in one room...all that glitter would do some serious eye damage....thanks for sharing pics of your beautiful new residence!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 7:57:26 PM
Author: jewelerman
When are you going to have a pricescope party?I can be packed and ready...well...now!...can you imagine a party like that and all of us in one room...all that glitter would do some serious eye damage....thanks for sharing pics of your beautiful new residence!

haha, that would be fun... and probably quite funny! We seem to have a lot of different kinds of people on PS, it would be a ripper party!
WA does have some beautiful homes, and the living standards can be quite high. BUT I've got a feeling that a lot of participants on PS, flying the high life on Wall Street and in the Hamptons, would keel over and die of boredom within a few days of arriving in Western Australia.

There are nice pearls in Broome, though. International quality pearls are produced there. And of course, there are the pink diamonds in the Kimberleys... (north of the state)

Mines are a source of great wealth for Australia... but the minesites themselves can be terrifically ugly for the newcomer! I prefer to think of them as having an 'industrial' beauty - with an 'austere' red-dust landscape!

Even elsewhere in Australia the joke is: 'WA - Wait Awile'
Every now and then, some one writes into the local papers, wanting our state to break away from the rest of Australia - and they're not joking!! (A bit like Alaska??!)
1.gif

edl

Shiny_Rock
WOW, what a beautiful house. You think it needs paint? It looks fabulous to me.

What does something like that run in Australia? Maybe I should leave the fast life in California, move out there, and drink wine all day...

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 1:05:52 AM
Author: edl
WOW, what a beautiful house. You think it needs paint? It looks fabulous to me.

Well I'll probably be leaving the yellow in the kitchen... but I am more the creamy-eggshell type wall person. So I will be changing my sitting room.

And I like heavy, perhaps textured or coloured, single colour curtains, too. I like them to draw across the windows to make the place cosy at night!

But, yeah, this is my forever home, I think. Next stop, old folks (as in, home)!
3.gif

As for costs, get on and find out! realestate.com.au!!!
2.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 9:39:31 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Congrats Lara! I actually disagree and think now is a great time to buy a house in the US (I know you don''t live here) if you can get financing. The house is so pretty and congrats on your third. When are you due?

I agree. It''s a buyer market right now.

Your house is lovely. Congrats.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please keep the pics coming, Lara. Would LOVE to see more...

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful house! Congratulations Lara!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I see what you mean about the fireplace Lara! You know they have so many great products now. I would suggest going to a tile store and see what catches your eye. They have stacked stone, slate, glass tiles, marbles, etc...you could do something REALLY great! Since you said in the other thread you like warmer things I think stone or slate would work well. Are you or your DH handy? Or you could build a wood surround. I think the only thing you have to worry about is the INSIDE of the fireplace and they have special paint for that.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh! Congrats! I was thinking Florida until you said Australia! LOL...That's awesome! The view is unreal...amazing...I love how open the kitchen is...and that range hood is amazing....As for the fireplace, really, you can do ANYTHING...I love the idea of maybe crisp white bookcases on either side with some white trim/woodwork on the mantle area to the ceiling....for the bottom portion, I think it will look great with the dark color you have...or tiles...the possibilities are endless! Have fun with it!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOH I just LOVE your new home! The space is wonderful and I the view is amazing!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 4:20:21 PM
Author: moremoremore
Oh gosh! Congrats! I was thinking Florida until you said Australia! LOL...That's awesome! The view is unreal...amazing...I love how open the kitchen is...and that range hood is amazing....As for the fireplace, really, you can do ANYTHING...I love the idea of maybe crisp white bookcases on either side with some white trim/woodwork on the mantle area to the ceiling....for the bottom portion, I think it will look great with the dark color you have...or tiles...the possibilities are endless! Have fun with it!!!

You girls are great. I am inspired by the stone - and now, Tacori, your suggestion of GLASS tiles for the fireplace.

As for the 'crisp white bookshelves', I mentioned earlier in this thread that I LOVE the US 'thing' you seem to have (from this distance) for elegant built-in shelves. I don't seem to see them around here too often. I'm hoping to have built ins in my new home, eventually.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice house! I love the lake, what a pretty place to live.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your comments, Addy. I am busting to get in there and change things to suit *me*.
First thing will be to paint the main bedroom and my front sitting room in a lovely warm cream colour, I think.

I would also like to change the light fittings, and do something with the fireplace... but paint first, then probably some treatment of the fireplace and surrounding walls - and then light fittings.

I would also like to get a cabinet maker in there, for some book shelves and also some shelving in the built-in robes.

Then there is the garden - but that is just a dream, as we are not gardeners!
3.gif
Buying a new house really gets the creative juices flowing, does it not?!!
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results