shape
carat
color
clarity

How to hardwire IPOD for car?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I have an IPOD mini that I love. I currently use the FM transmitter in my car which works sometimes, but requires a lot of fiddling around while driving. My car is fairly new (2004 Honda CRV) and I know I''ll be driving it a long time. I''d like to find out about getting a hardwired connection for my IPOD into my car stereo. Does anyone know how to do this & about how much it will cost? Can places like Best Buy do this? I don''t want to replace my existing car stereo--just add the connection for the IPOD. Help anyone?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
IslandDreams:

I have an Acura TSX, and just heard that dealers are now able to install an adaptor to the existing stereo system. It's not cheap ($250), but I REALLY want it! Maybe I can talk my parents & SO to buy it for me for XMas. Honda dealers can service Acura autos, and vice versa- so this may be the way to go. (note- the article reads like this is an install for 06 models. Very confusing as he standard specs for the '06 include an auxiliary jack in the center console for digital music players)

Get this- I have a 2005 model. Should've waited another year. AAGHH!!

check it out: //www.hondanews.com/CatID3000?mid=2005090754774&mime=asc

Hope this info helps!

CG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I don''t suppose your car stereo already has a little outlet that says AUX? I have one in my Jetta, but it is not the original stereo for the car, the original one was broken when I test drove the car, so before I bought the car, the dealership got me an aftermarket CD player instead of fixing the broken tape deck..which was fine by me. Anyway.. my point is.. if you have one of those little jacks.. all you need to do is get a cable.. I got mine for $5 from walmart. It just looks like a headphone jack on both ends.
I think that my dad''s new car has one, but my FIs car does not have one.. I''m guessing you probably don''t have one because most PSers are very bright..and would have figured that out on thier own.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, didn''t know it was so hard to hook up the IPOD to my car. No luck on the AUX jack. That would have been easy. Oh well, I guess I''ll just spring for a better FM transmitter. I have the ITRIP now, but it is a pain to set to stations while driving.....Any suggestions on ones that work & are easy to use?

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Island Dreams -

My dad has this: http://www.dension.com/icelink_info.htm in his '05 Honda Pilot. I'm not sure about the compatibility list on their website, since the Pilot is not listed, but my dad has it and it works fine. I don't think you can buy directly from the website & I'm not sure of the cost, but it's definitely a good option. The sound quality is great & I think it even uses your regular stereo buttons.

I don't think Best Buy would install something that they do not sell.

Good luck!

ETA: here is the U.S. site which indicates they support your car: http://www.densionusa.com/main.htm

Also, it appears in my area (NJ) that Best Buy does sell this.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
cool. I will check for my car. How much is it on the Best Buy site? I have a Honda CR 2004 and the link you sent says they are coming out with it for Honda''s soon. This might be a good option.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
I''d wait a bit and see what people think of the specific application of the IceLink in your car.. I have several friends with the IceLink, have one myself, and my husband has one. Husband''s occasionally goes insane - not allowing him to select the ipod interface over the Dension one, skipping the first track of every album, doesn''t turn off when the ignition is shut off, etc. A friend has one that dies whenever the weather is warm - he has to stop the car and pull fuses to reset it (and this is what the Dension people tell him to do.. their customer service leaves a lot to be desired! They couldn''t be bothered to help him come up with a better solution).

They don''t sell my version of the icelink anymore, a very simple one that''s never given me any problems... the Plus seems to have given some people absolute fits.

CanadianGal

Rough_Rock
You can buy an aftermarket CD player for your vehicle made by ALPINE. Alpine has a line of decks that have IPOD hookups built right in

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results