shape
carat
color
clarity

help me choose the Coach handbag color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hello fellow PS''ers! So Im in love with the Coach Madeline tote. I just recently discovered their new colors thanks to Dogmom (who posted a similar thread. I suggested khaki to her as she wanted to use it year-round. I had already loved this bag but didn''t know of the newer colors until she posted!!! I had been trying to stay away. But the new colors set me over the top)

I can''t choose between the classic khaki color, or the white (I LOVE the green scarf on the white bag.) Here is my problem though. I have a Coach Signature purse already in khaki (but it is much smaller.) But then on the other hand, I have a Coach Signature Hobo with a white bottom & handles. I worry that the white would get dirty because I view this purse as something I will take along when I travel. (plan to travel a lot after marriage) I use the other 2 handbags as my "summer" bags but they are both smaller than the Madeline. It would be nice to have a larger handbag for the summer.

I plan on going to the mall tomorrow to purchase. (unless they don''t have it, or I back out at the last minute!) haha. I just love how this bag is reminiscent of the Kelly Hermes bag with the cute scarf.
28.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
khaki

khaki1bag.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
white

white2bag.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I created a poll, but I don''t see it. Im not sure if it worked.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
My Mom said don't get the white. So far, thats 3 people who say get the khaki.

But my thoughts are fighting themselves. I already have a purse in the same khaki color. Im drawn to the white one, but the khaki wont get as dirty. ARRRG lol I bet I don't decide until it's time to make the purchase. Then the SA well get annoyed with me because I wont be able to decide.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
heehee, you sound like me a few days ago! between your two choices the white just jumps out at me every time..... so classy and chic!!

ETA: i think what i love about the white in this style is the contrast between it and the fabric. i just LOVE that effect, my eyes are drawn to it every time!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
ha! Well, I fell in love with the white at first. It jumped out at me too. I love that green scarf. I think there is contrast too. So much character this one has. Very chic. Listening to myself, it says "Go white" but something else keeps telling me "Don't do it! Don't do it!" lol

I've actually seen the khaki in the store but not the white one. It's beautiful too, but its more monochromatic. (Didn't look in Macy's or Coach yet) I wonder if seeing it in the store will help me make a decision. Probably not ha!

Uuuh I can't take the waiting haha! I bet I don't sleep tonight unless I decide. (that's just how my mind works) Rats.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
If you''re overly worried about the bottom of the white one getting dirty, remember that it has little "feet" on the bottom so it usually wouldn''t be directly touching whatever you have it sitting on.

I love the Madeline, it is so cute! I have a Coach bag that has basically the same silhouette, but the monogram is smaller and it''s all black.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
The white is fun and summery, but I think if it were me I''d go for the khaki because it is more versatile.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
So I was at the mall and checked out the Madeline for you to see which one I liked best.

And actually, there was one I liked even better than the khaki and the white! It was silver, and just looked oh-so-precious. I LOVED it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the khaki is nicer. I am not a huge fan of white bags. But that is just me. Plus the white at the bottom would tend to get dirtier I would think...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
star- Oh, you are so sweet to do that! Thank you so much! I actually saw the sliver online but not in the store. Is it a bit subdude, or is it real flashy? Im still undecided (I figured I would be.) I MAYBE might like the blue one or the one with green. I love the color green, but Im not sure I like this green on this handbag. Plus I want it to be an everyday type bag that will go with anything. Hopefully I will figure it out when I get there! It's so funny how I can never choose what I like on all sorts of things (like this handbag) but I know what future e-ring I want! haha!

diamond- My boyfriend was with me when I saw the khaki bag in the store. Last night I showed him a picture of the white bag online and asked him which one he liked, he said he did NOT like the white at all. lol

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 12:10:40 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
star- Oh, you are so sweet to do that! Thank you so much! I actually saw the sliver online but not in the store. Is it a bit subdude, or is it real flashy? Im still undecided (I figured I would be.) I MAYBE might like the blue one or the one with green. I love the color green, but Im not sure I like this green on this handbag. Plus I want it to be an everyday type bag that will go with anything. Hopefully I will figure it out when I get there! It's so funny how I can never choose what I like on all sorts of things (like this handbag) but I know what future e-ring I want! haha!

The silver is definitely NOT flashy, it is very subdued and just kinda flows with the rest of the bag. Like I said, I absolutely loved it. It seemed so much more fluid and elegant than the others. That's not to say the others are bad, but this one just had an elegance all its own. It wasn't as "fun" as the white, but I would get it in a heartbeat over the others.

I also liked that all the hardware on it was silver, as I prefer silver to brass.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, Interesting. Im now drawn to this one too! If it''s not crazy silver, I just may love it. I would want it to be subdude and not flashy. I will check it out. All of my Coach bags have the silver hardware, I think one might have brass. Thanks so much for your help! Wish me luck. I will let you know what I choose.
28.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi dreamgirl! did you get to do some shopping?
2.gif
just curious if it worked out, and which color you decided upon!
1.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies! I just quickly wanted to thank everyone for their help in my choice. Here is the quick story before I reveal which bag I purchased!

I went to the mall and decided to look in the Coach store first (as I thought they would have more of a selection.) I was looking at the Madelines but they only had the khaki/blue (which looks so much nicer in person than online), the khaki/brown, the khaki/white, and the black/black. I asked the sales lady about the khaki/khaki and the khaki/silver. She appeared to not have a CLUE as to what I was talking about. She showed me the all khaki leather Madeline and I told her not the leather one, the signature one. She said she never saw that in the Madeline. Then I asked her about the one with the khaki/silver and she played dumb again. So she asked another sales lady and she too had no idea what I was talking about. She did ask me where I saw the khaki/silver and I told her macys.com. She then went on to tell me that Coach makes specific colors for other companies to sell that Coach does not sell
33.gif
I''ve never heard of that but figured "ok then!"

Then I asked her about honoring the Macy''s 20% off coupon and she sternly replied "Coach DOES NOT honor other coupons other than Coach coupons" I told her a friend of mine "rainydaze" lol had bought a handbag at Coach with the Macy''s coupon. She told me "NO! Coach is rather stingy about those things, we DONT honor other coupons, BUT if Macy''s will use it on a Coach purse, I hope you find what you are looking for"

ARRRRG I was upset at this point. I came out of the store and my boyfriend was sitting outside the store waiting for me and he said "Where''s your bag?!" I told him the story and said "come on lets go down to Macy''s and I hope to God they have the Madeline or I will throw the biggest fit" lol. I made a mad dash down to Macy''s thinking they wouldn''t have any colors I was interested in. I then got to the purse section and went over to the Coach counters and saw 2 Madelines on the bottom shelf in the case, and I circled the Coach counters like a hawk looking for others. "RATS!" I thought to myself because I thought they had the black/black and the khaki/white. I went back around where those 2 bags were and when what to my wandering eyes should appear, but the Madeline tote in khaki/silver. I WAS IN LOVE!!!!!! I asked to see it and the sales lady took it out for me. We were made for each other! I said in much excitement "I''LL TAKE IT!!!" She told me this color was BRAND new, they just got it in the other day and she had more in the back she would go get them for me to choose one. YAY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I had 3 to choose from and chose the best one (of course.) I showed her how on some bags, the C''s don''t line up correctly. She had never noticed and I told her I was a Coach expert so I knew what I was looking for! haha!!!! I asked if I could use the coupon and she said "OF COURSE!" YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I was so excited I told her I wanted to use the handbag "Right now please!" She helped me take the stuffing out, and she put my purse in a Macy''s bag and I was on my way!

I owe a special thank you to:
rainydaze for making my 20% off possible (you saved me $65.60 girl!) Without you, I would have had no idea about the coupon and I would have either ended up paying full price, or not getting the bag at all and wishing I would have. So thank you so much, I am forever greatful!

and star sparkle for making a trip out to the store to look at Madelines for me (without me even asking you to do so) and telling me about how GORGEOUS the silver Madeline is. You were right, it isn''t flashy at all. It is INCREDIBLY chic and timeless. And I feel it is in a whole other class on it''s own compared to the other colors. When I originally saw it online, I thought it would be too flashy so that is why I never considered it.

Lastly, Im so happy I got this color because it has the same green bow as the white purse had, so Im so excited about that too!!!!!! Oh, and I told my boyfriend I wanted to go back up to the Coach store to show them what I was talking about because maybe they thought I was crazy but he told me Naaaa, just pass on it. So I figured ok then.... lol

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
And now, without further adieu, I introduce, my khaki/silver Madeline tote. (My new love)

madelineoutside1.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
another

madelineoutside2.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
a few more left...

madelineoutside3.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hey, I don't have an e-ring to take photos of, so I had to take photos of this lovely bag for now! ha! I deserve some bragging rights too!!
28.gif

madelineoutside4.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
An photo taken in the house

madelineinside1.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Last one, a closeup. Don't you just love the reflection on the hardware? (they are calling it platinum
30.gif
) Im IN LOVE!!! I hope these aren't too many photos (cause it's kind of the same thing over and over) But I just wanted to share how happy I am!!!! Oh, did I mention the inside of the purse is green?

madelineinside2.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
YES!
36.gif

I am so happy you now have this gorgeous bag! And I'm so glad you loved the silver as much as I did! Seriously, as soon as I saw it, I knew that it was the perfect color and that you'd love it much more than the khaki and white (as I did). If I had hung around there a bit longer, I probably would have gotten it for myself because it was just love at first sight.

Woohoo! LOL, I feel as happy for you as I would if I had gotten the bag for myself!
30.gif

Your pictures are fab, you must post them in the "Show me your Coach" thread!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dreamgirl, i''m so happy you got one you love and the 20% off (though i''m sorry for the coach store experience. i almost didn''t ask at my store for fear of being treated exactly as you were, but for whatever reason i asked at the last minute and was pleasantly surprised). i love the silver, it''s yummy!!! you are so cute wearing it right out of the store!!
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Adorable bag Dreamgirl.
36.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Im so excited. Last night when we got home, I even had to bring my purse downstairs with me and set it on the couch so that I could look at it while watching tv. haha! Oh, and I wont be laying it in the grass and in plants anytime soon again. I just thought it would be fun to take it outside for some natural light photos.
28.gif
I wish I had an e-ring to photograph! It looks like so much fun to do that. Someday!
31.gif

onvacation- Thank you so much! I never thought of calling it Maddy. I like that for short. hehe

star sparkle- Oh I owe it to you!!! You were SO right this bag is just to DIE for. Im so thankful to you for your help I could just give you the biggest hug! I will be posting in your show me your Coach thread along with all my other Coach items.

rainydaze- I've never had a problem in Coach before. They were nice but made me feel a little dumb by THEM not knowing what colors I was talking about. I still wished I had gone back in and shown them what I was talking about. lol. Needless to say, I got the bag that I think is perfect for me and I was SO happy to use that discount! I wasn't sure it was going to work but the lady knew all about it! Oh, did I mention that my boyfriend found a sunhat that I fell in love with too? I went back to the counter and purchased that with the coupon as well. YAY! You are so wonderful for sharing that info!!!! I could give you the biggest hug too!

Skippy123- Thank you so much for the compliments. Im so happy about this purchase. It's the most expensive Coach item I have now.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I agree. That bag is awesome. As I have said before, I don''t usually like the Coach signature pattern, but I LOVE this one. It''s the right balance, and the "platinum" is a classy blend. It looks so much better than it sounded.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results