shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I need boots!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two pairs of Skechers boots that I absolutely L
30.gif
VE!!!

I have worn them for a couple winters now, and they''ve gotten to the point where they probably could use replacing. The two pairs are pretty much identical, except one pair is brown and one pair is black. (I do this a lot . . . if I find shoes that I really like, I buy them in both black and brown! LOL!) They have rounded toes, a small platform sole, and a thick heel of about 2 1/2 inches or so. They''re above-the-ankle height, and look GREAT under a pair of jeans or khakis. They look a bit similar to these boots, only they don''t lace up . . . the front is plain and they zip up at the inner ankle. The only complaint I have is that the soles aren''t rubberized like the ones in the link I posted above . . . they have hard soles, so when I walk on a tile or wood floor it''s kinda loud!
6.gif

I would like to find a similar pair in both black and brown. Any ideas? Thanks!
9.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, Irishgrrrl! I''m the same way with boots; unlike my high-heel confections, with boots I find a pair I love, I wear them into the ground, then one day look down at my feet in winter and think, Good God, have I been going out IN PUBLIC with these ratty things that would be turned down if offered to a hobo??? So yeah, I hear ya.
2.gif

Since I have a few minutes to goof off, which of these are somewhat close?

Sharper Kenneth Cole, but might not have as utilitarian a heel as you seek: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/45281027/c/183979.html

Comes in both black and in brown, Juicy Couture, with rubber sole: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2996490/0~2376778~2372808~6007659~6007693?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6007693&P=1

The Sole, heel, and height looks promising on this Stuart Weitzman: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3000983/0~2376778~2372808~6007659~6007693?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6007693&P=2

This Tory Burch could fit the bill: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2999136/0~2376778~2372808~6007659~6007693?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6007693&P=3

The wide, lug heel in your VS picture seems to be the real tricky part in this year''s shoes. How important a feature is it to have a wide heel for you?

f-d-l

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Fleur!
35.gif

Thanks for the ideas, but they are all a little more dressy than what I'm looking for. I'm going for something pretty casual, but that will still look OK with khakis (so I can get away with wearing them to work when I'm dressing down a little bit). The wide heel is pretty vital, unfortunately. I know what you mean . . . that's hard to find lately for some reason! I love my heels and think they're beautiful, but when I'm wearing boots I'm all about comfort and ease of walking.
9.gif

ETA: Oh, and price matters! LOL! I'm looking to spend under $100 per pair, but could possibly be talked into as much as $200or so per pair if the boots are AWESOME!
11.gif
2.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Have you thought about Uggs? I have both tall and short and they are SUPER warm and when weather-proofed and properly cared for, they withstand snow, water and everything in between. I now have 3 pairs and LOVE them. Your best bet is to order them from Nordstrom, they are from $125-$150 for the basic short or tall style. They are worth it IMHO, and they are price protected so they are the same price everywhere.

ETA: if you pull your pant legs over them they look pretty decent under pants with a flare/wide leg. I teach and can get away with wearing them under jeans/khakis on my lazy days
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2008 7:56:27 PM
Author: Blair138
Have you thought about Uggs? I have both tall and short and they are SUPER warm and when weather-proofed and properly cared for, they withstand snow, water and everything in between. I now have 3 pairs and LOVE them. Your best bet is to order them from Nordstrom, they are from $125-$150 for the basic short or tall style. They are worth it IMHO, and they are price protected so they are the same price everywhere.

ETA: if you pull your pant legs over them they look pretty decent under pants with a flare/wide leg. I teach and can get away with wearing them under jeans/khakis on my lazy days
9.gif
Thanks, Blair! I hadn''t thought about Uggs, but I''ll definitely check those out! Thanks again!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results