shape
carat
color
clarity

Found a gift idea for car lover Men

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have TV...so I don''t know if this is any good...but the Monster Car Garage Series and the Overhaulin series are available on DVD. Can anyone tell me if they think this is a good idea?

Also, all guys that love cars...know about the movie Bullitt with Steve McQueen. It has a cult following for the best car chase scene in movies. My husband has been for years squaking about this other movie...THE DRIVER . It has just been released on DVD. Borders has them for only $9.99. THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE FOR CAR GUYS. The characters are so cool, they don''t have names. Really. Not one in the picture has a name. But the driving is superb. We got it last week and I must say...it beats BULLITT. Starring Bruce Dern and Ryan O''Neal as the driver. Made in...197???

Not sure if these ideas are too late for anyone...

Merry Christmas! Yippeee....it is almost here!

DKS

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DKS: great idea! I wish it wasn''t two days before Christmas and I had time to buy those DVD''s. I did take your magnetic bowl idea from another thread, I looked high and low at Autozone and PepBoys today and came up with a $20 magnetic tray (same concept). I was hoping to find the bowl you said you paid $6 for, to give to a couple of my husband''s friends for our gift exchange and to my brother (car fanatic), but both places I went to said they knew what I was talking about but didn''t carry them any longer.
face10.gif
Oh well. Those guys ended up with my girlie presents (we do couples exchanges, I gave everyone Yankee candles and cute snuffers), so no big deal. But my brother will be happy, thanks to your idea of the magnetic bowl! His birthday is in June, I will keep the movie ideas in mind, for sure...he will love them!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Awh, Thanks for your thanks, Monarch.

I was just at Sears yesterday...they have the $6.00 bowl...$10 one, and a really cool magnetic pad thing. I think you can put it on a fender and your tools will just hang off of it.

I realize it is too late for your shopping, thought it may help another.

I just bought my hubby this new gizmo, also from Sears. It is called a...oh poo, I just wrapped it...can''t recall the name. But many times screws become stripped. Picture the star shape in a phillips head screw, or a slot in a standard head screw...over time some they loose there shape (stripped) and it is impossible to remove the screw. Well, the next task is a tap and die thingy which you have to drill a hole smack down the center of the stripped shaft...this is like brain surgery. Takes time an skill. Anyway there is this new thing, I think I paid $9.00 it is a stripped screw remover. This is a great tool to have in his arsenal. They also make stripped bolt, or nut tools.

Your brother will be thrilled with his bowl...I am sure. Good job!

DKS

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
THE DRIVER, 1978 for more info see: http://imdb.com/title/tt0077474/

since its a bit late for christmas, there''s always a birthday........

peace, movie zombie

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Good Job MZ, have you seen the driver? Add it to your to do if you haven''t. It is a period 70''s and exciting.

Oh Monarch, I just realized I said bowl, I meant tray. Ooops. None the less, he''ll love his thinga ma giggy!

DKS

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
no, haven''t seen the movie....but will add it to the netflix list......which just keeps getting longer and longer!

peace, movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results