shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall and Winter Must-Have''s??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm I LOVE the new Prada!! What a sweet hubby!

and I adore that floral Gucci! I like the shape of that bag.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I'm glad b/c I was having second thoughts on the prada...I wish the shoulder strap was just a teeny bit longer to go over my line backer shoulders LOL... He's just making up for me going crazy buying him new work clothes for his new job! He owes me! As a joke I asked him "you're not going to be by a prada today are you?"...And he said he actually was when going uptown for his work exit interview! I didn't think he'd get me something!!!

The floral is from the new Gucci 2006 cruise line. It's just so pretty to look at. DOn't think she'll ever be mine but a gal can dream...although it would match all of my black LOL... I wonder if that gucci actually "sits" on the floor...it looks like it's super thin and would fall over and not sit....Well, I'm done for now!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 9:29:48 PM
Author: Mara
Speaking of cable knits for layering, does anyone know where to get thinner, fitted ones? The only ones that I have found online are at JCrew and they look more for warmth than fitting or layering, I have one from last year and it''s definitely thicker. Being a well-built girl up on the chest area, I don''t need extra material making me look even bigger, I liked fitted items....any suggestions?!?!

Janna we so have to go to DSW soon, I NEED some boots and stuff too and that is definitely the shoe mecca.

Mara- Try Banana Republic for fitted cable knits. I was in there today and bought a heather grey (t-neck) and camel (crew neck). Only thing is that I was at the Outlet store, so I don''t know if they have them in the regular retail locations.

Happy Shopping!

CG

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2005 6:25:38 PM
Yay for Louie!
31.gif

Kayla I have been meaning to ask you...on the Juicy sets you got...this year how is the material of the velour? Last year was pretty ''thick'' I thought and a little ''heavy'' feeling for me, and the year before was better, a little lighter weight. How do you feel it is this year? Too thick, too thin, just right?

I think they are about the same as last year''s, but remember I live in NY and it gets pretty cold here, so I like that heavy denser material.
For me, they are just right!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2005 7:52:19 PM
Author: moremoremore
This is my must have...because my hubby surprised me with it today!!!! and they don't offer refunds LOL.. I do love it. Prada is a huge rip off for sure...but not when HE'S payin it's not! :) I'm thrilled! It...I mean he...should be hme any minute!

MMM,
That is a gorgeous bag!! I love Pradas and own four of them and two wallets and the material stands up pretty well. Even when it gets stained, it just washes right off and the color never fades. All of mine are in black.

Please, no more bag ideas!!!
32.gif

ETA- I have a similar Gucci bag like you posted, but it is all black with the gg logos all over it and the clasp is nickle and a bit different, I have the matching wallet as well. It was my gift to myself when I got my first nursing paycheck!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
MMM, I have a gucci similar to the black floral, probably same as Butterfly''s, and it doesnt sit on the floor, needs to lean up against something or else it is lying on the floor with the contents spilling out! lol...mine always topples off my car seat and spills out all over the car floor, but I still love it. The white scarf tie one is so adorable though, but also $1700+, so not happening for me! (at least yet!) I do like your new Prada though! Maybe it is expensive for a nylon bag, but I''ve just found mine extremely durable. And if he wants to treat you, who are you to complain!

Mara, I''d check out Bloomingdales, like their in house line, I''m blanking on the name. Last xmas I grabbed a bunch of cable knits, in normal sweaters and cardigans, and they''re thinner than my jcrew ones. I havent checked this year but usually they came in a variety of fabrics like cotton, merino, cashmere.

So, I so wasn''t expecting to buy a purse today, especially since I plan on getting a new black mini prada later this week for going out which I need more than this (my little black bag totally just died on me, but it served me well for many years, so it was time...), but I got it anyway. It looked so cute with what I was wearing today, it was really comfy to have on my arms, straps werent falling, and I couldnt put it down.

Charles David
I couldn''t get the picture to post
14.gif

I got it in grey...the leather is nice, the color is more subtle than it looks on of their site...its grey, but not silver, but a little metallic/sheen to it. Perfect for taking stuff to work and a little more polished looking than the herve chapelier and longchamp totes I currently haul my stuff to work in
1.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
i want that gucci floral bag. Its gorgeous! Not a big fan of most prada bags but I think I need to take a short trip to the gucci store before work today!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! I wore her today...I totally love all of the gucci floral bags. So pretty.... I''d definitely have a problem with a bag not sitting flat. Well, there is always the spring summer line coming out in a few months
11.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just bought another coat yesterday. It is camel color made of camel hair. I got a great deal on it.

It''s funny actually how I bought it.
I was at Macy''s getting a gift for my friend''s bridal shower and went up to the third floor to get the complimentary gift wrapping and walked by the coat dept. I figured I would give it a look and the coats were about 45% off with an extra 10% off. So I tried to find this Calvin Klein coat I had seen a few weeks ago for $450 to see if I should get it. It was a little light for me, but I figured if I saw it again, maybe I would like it the second time.
Instead I found this other coat by XXXXX Levine, I can''t remember the first name and it was $420 but on sale for $220 and then an addition 10% off.
Then I overheard the sales lady say that if you open up a Macy''s charge card, you can take off 15% on top of that, so I figured why not.

Hey, a $420 coat for $168 is not bad. Plus I was in NJ and they don''t charge sales tax!!!
2.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice Kayla....sounds like a steal. my only winter coat i actually got from Macys too on sale. It's actually Calvin Klein and was something like $499 and after discounts (after Xmas but before NY)...I got it for $169. A steal! It's a great coat too. Very classic straight styling with buttons and falls to ankles. I have worn it all of TWICE in New York and New Jersey/PA. hehe.

I bought some stuff from JCrew today too...I'd been waffling on a few sweaters but finally pulled the trigger. A merino v-neck, a heather knit hoodie and some other dark brown /espresso one. I still have to find thin vests for layering...my sister said American Eagle had some cable stuff for layering so I guess I should check it out. Oh and I got a sweet velveteeen cropped fitted jacket from JCrew on sale for $90. It's in a winter white, looks beautiful!

So almost done with the fall/winter shopping for now. Gotta visit DSW and still buy my hoodies from ShopBop but I think that's all she wrote after that is done! Then I can just 'supplement'. Oh and I have a gift card to Nordstroms so I have to visit and see what goodies I can score there.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Butterfly - did you bid or win the auction on the Marc Jacob''s bag?

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 3:22:33 PM
Author: MC
Butterfly - did you bid or win the auction on the Marc Jacob''s bag?
Ummmh, No Comment!
23.gif
11.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I saw this and it made me think of Mara.
155744.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahah Mata I love that, where did you find it? It looks like a ShopBop image?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great Matatora, where did you find that???
31.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the ''j'' in joy was throwing me off when i was trying to read that shirt. it looked like a ''t''
37.gif

i just love love the fringy look at the bottom of the shirt and on the cuffs...that is sooo cute!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
That is a cute shirt. I found one once on ebay in black and in green when I did a search for long sleeve juicy tees. That must be a new style though with the fringe on the bottom and sleeves, the one I saw was plain.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahha, I am so buying that shirt!! I have a gift card for my birthday from Nordie's so I will also buy a Juicy hoodie and pants in the Willy Wonka color. Score! $5 shipping too.

So, I'm turning into MC!!
2.gif
I went to Loehmann's again today because I was over there and had such luck last week. I got another pair of Juicy suit pants, these are too cute, long and straight cut with back patch pockets in a tweedy looking brown/tan stripe pattern and the crowning glory is a big stripe of lime green grosgrain ribbon down the outside seam of each leg. Very cute. Retail was $240 and they were $120. Also got two Theory sweaters to go with the pants in a cream and a tan, the cream is a cute thin scoopneck 3/4 sleeve good for layering under a jacket etc. The sweaters retailed for $135 and they were $49.

So all in all very productive. Now after this Nordstrom's order I am swearing off any more purchases except for some shoes and boots at DSW hopefully this week. WHEW!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2005 5:07:15 PM
Hahha, I am so buying that shirt!! I have a gift card for my birthday from Nordie''s so I will also buy a Juicy hoodie and pants in the Willy Wonka color. Score! $5 shipping too.

Don''t forget to pick one up for me. I wear medium!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I have to admit I bought it....I figure that would be a cute/funny shirt to wear in a picture with V if he proposes over winter holiday. My friends are all scattered to the four winds and will hopefully think that is funny. Here is hoping I get to wear it for that reason.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I think they have one also that just says Juicy Bling.

Mat,
What color did you get?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just placed my order too...I got the Wind color which appears either a light blue or a light gray on the screen, I didn''t want pink or stark white. So we''ll see. Also got the Mother Nature juicy velour set as well. $5 shipping. Yay! And didn''t even have to leave the warm comfort of my house and my yummy breakfast. hehehe.

I will definitely plan on wearing my shirt for the 2006 WF Vault Assault visit!
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
White, you can see it in the alternative veiw. I thought the blue and pink so pale that white was more logical.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2005 2:01:46 PM
I just placed my order too...I got the Wind color which appears either a light blue or a light gray on the screen, I didn''t want pink or stark white. So we''ll see. Also got the Mother Nature juicy velour set as well. $5 shipping. Yay! And didn''t even have to leave the warm comfort of my house and my yummy breakfast. hehehe.

I will definitely plan on wearing my shirt for the 2006 WF Vault Assault visit!
31.gif

Did you get mine too?
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahah...so after watching Oprah today where they did a thing on jeans and what fits for your body and what is best and worst when choosing jeans (bootcut is best for taller gals, wear bootcut with pointy toes to elongate the leg, don't make them too tight or too baggy, not too high waisted or too low waisted, don't get too much distressing because it can highlight unflattering areas aka bum and front whiskers/feathering across the hips can widen them, darker washes are more slimming than lighter)...Oprah chose the AG Club Jeans for herself as most flattering and best fitting, so after seeing that I HAD to get them on ShopBop because they were on sale and I was already thinking about it!

Well they were out of my size but I found them on another ShopBop-like site for $69 instead of $95!! The retail was $138. SCORE! Now I'm just afraid that they will call me and say oh just kidding we are out of your size. But the order went through so keeping fingers crossed.

YAY!
36.gif
Oh and my JCrew stuff I ordered last week (sweaters and a velveteen fitted blazer on sale) came today and I love it....the heathered caramel hoodie sweater is so comfy and nice and fitted. The jacket was great too and for $89!
2.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I saw bits and pieces of Oprah yesterday as well.
I did get the same jeans she got last week or the week before, the AG Club Jeans in 2 am. You got a great deal on the jeans. Too bad shopbop doesn''t price match!
I really like them, but I haven''t had them hemmed yet. I have so many pants that need to get hemmed and I am too lazy to take the car with the kids to get it done. It''s too much of a hassle bringing them along and my husband doesn''t get home until 9:30 pm so by then it''s too late.
I finally went on Sunday and took three Juicy pants and two of the AG jeans to get hemmed. I think the guy thought I was crazy. I left all the price tags on them!
32.gif
. Just in case some crazy thing happens and I have to return them, or sell them?! Who knows.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kayla weren''t the jeans those gals were wearing absolutely FRIGHTENING???? So unflattering. I was thinking WOW it''s amazing what a difference the right pair of jeans can make in your body!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2005 11:55:37 AM
Kayla weren''t the jeans those gals were wearing absolutely FRIGHTENING???? So unflattering. I was thinking WOW it''s amazing what a difference the right pair of jeans can make in your body!!
Yes, they were, especially the lady with the jeans up to her boobs!!!! What was that all about?

You know, I really think that the people on these shows purposely do it, so that Oprah feels sorry for them and they get a free makeover/ home makeover.

I mean, come on, you know the jeans you are wearing look unflattering on you, but you continue to wear them and can only find help on the Oprah show?
20.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I got the Juicy Bling tee in the mail yesterday, it is a sea foam blue/green and pretty cute.

Oprah will help you find jeans? Intreasting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results