shape
carat
color
clarity

Eye candy for Freke

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Notice: as a poor grad student I buy shoes recreationally for pretty, not for substance. Some of what you are about to see is cheap crap. But it''s cute cheap crap. If you have a high-end shoe fetish; this is not the thread for you.

Shoes numero uno! My engagement pumps. After a lovely engagement weekend down the cape, we stopped through a bustling burg outside of the city for dinner and beer. The nearby second-hand store was having a sale (?) and lo and behold, I found the lovely vintage pumps for a measly $5. I love love love them, though they''ve taken a little abuse. I not only wore them for my destination wedding, but wore them home in the rain from our local reception. Sadly they''ve never been the same since
7.gif
. All the same they match a few things I own and still get trotted out on warm, dry days.

IMG_0021.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
These little puppies were a present from my aunt-in-law on the condition that I make a point of wearing them. It hasn''t been warm enough to break them out yet this year, but I''m starting to get itchy for it!

IMG_0024444.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
These are my $12 Franco Sarto slingbacks. Honstly I think they look a little funny on their own, but they''re great with slacks.

IMG_0027777.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
$6 bronze JS slingbacks. Another Filene''s find, I''d wanted to wear bronze with a blue silk kimono dress but didn''t have the right shoes... until now.

IMG_0029999.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
These I exchanged a sweater for. These are the only "real" shoes I have for my up-comming job hunt.

IMG_0033333.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
These are one of many pairs of shoes DH has bought me. He thinks it''s incredible that women''s shoes get so deeply discounted and he likes to see me happy. He also has a bit of a thing for green.

IMG_0034444.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
These are my go-to shoes for weddings, somehow they match everything, and after about a year they've broken in. These are actually a snake print, but it's not at all obvious. I web-stalked them forever and couldn't get either shade of silver in my size, then lo and behold, they showed up a a Marshalls in shopper's world. Yay me!

IMG_0037777.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
These are my 9-west prada knock-off''s. I love them but I''ve never worn them out of the house! I have no idea what to wear them with! Help!

IMG_0041111.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
And last but not least, another vacation shoe. DH bought me these too, they''re a UK brand called fly. They look much cooler on but I can''t figure out how to take pictures of my own feet that aren''t all wierd and distorted. These came from an awesome consignment shop in VT. They were in the window and I got in trouble for trying to pluck them back out without assistance
20.gif
. But everyone lived and now these are my winter dry weather shoes. Not that we get a lot of that either.

IMG_0049999.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
That's plenty for now. I have several more vintage pieces, but they don't photograph very well. Most are from the 50's so they don't look spank'in new but they are well loved. Hope you enjoyed the tour!

p.s. yeah, that's the color of my carpet. It's an apartment; whadday going to do?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, before I forget I think that someone needs to start a thread for PSers houses. I wanna see everyone's rooms and stuff. And that carpet is rockin'!!! Maybe once finals are over, I'll start it up myself (first it needs to be CLEANED!)

As for the Nine West/Prada shoes-I think they would look super cute with jeans or like a flowy skirt of some kind. Does that make any sense?

I'm so excited I got my own eye candy thread! I am loving your collection! That first pair-they are gorgeous! Actually I'm loving the flair of all your shoes. Unfortunately I have semi-expensive shoe taste and seem to pick out the most expensive pairs when I go to stores--and then settle for something not quite that bad. I really love these mercoledi! Thank you for sharing.

One thing I noticed is that you have a lot of interesting heel shapes-kind of architectural and chunky (well not stilettos like all of mine
20.gif
) and I think thats really cool. I seem to stick with the scrawny skinny heel and it gets boring sometimes, but I can't ever find any chunky/architectural heels that I really like. except this one pair of shoes in that hotel commercial-where she's a contortionist/acrobat gymnast or something and balancing on a countertop-with these amazing circle heels. Yeah...they rock.

Those boots are awesome--how much did you pay for those?
And what is your grad degree going to be in?

ETA: I want pics of the rest of your shoes too!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
35.gif

Glad you enjoyed the show!

Date: 5/1/2008 7:33:19 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Ok, before I forget I think that someone needs to start a thread for PSers houses. I wanna see everyone''s rooms and stuff. And that carpet is rockin''!!!

Yeah, it''s less rockin'' with the sage couch and drapes and the ivory walls but it is interesting. We have a vast array of flooring materials in a very small place

As for the Nine West/Prada shoes-I think they would look super cute with jeans or like a flowy skirt of some kind. Does that make any sense?

Yeah, I can''t figure out what top with jeans except a white blouse, and I don''t seem to own quite the right white blouse. They''re also slightly opalescent, so that complicates things a smidge.

I''m so excited I got my own eye candy thread! I am loving your collection! That first pair-they are gorgeous! Actually I''m loving the flair of all your shoes. Unfortunately I have semi-expensive shoe taste and seem to pick out the most expensive pairs when I go to stores--and then settle for something not quite that bad. I really love these mercoledi! Thank you for sharing.

Aww, thanks. Don''t get me wrong, I like expensive shoes but I lack the means, and often the luck. Filenes is great but there are a lot of size 6 feet in Boston with larger expendable incomes. My day will come, just you wait!
One thing I noticed is that you have a lot of interesting heel shapes-kind of architectural and chunky (well not stilettos like all of mine
20.gif
) ...except this one pair of shoes in that hotel commercial-where she''s a contortionist/acrobat gymnast or something and balancing on a countertop-with these amazing circle heels. Yeah...they rock.

Yeah, I''m just working my way into stilettos. I like the look but my taste tends to be funkier, and much over 3" is tough without a platform, the angle of a size 6 to that hight gets uncomfortable fast. I have high arches, so that probably doesn''t help either.
20.gif
I remember when those circle heels first came out. They look cool, but they seem kinda dated to me. Awesome in the commercial though.

Those boots are awesome--how much did you pay for those?

And what is your grad degree going to be in?
I think they were 70ish, DH had said he''d buy them for me if they fit before he knew the price. I remember hoping for closer to $40. I have them on today :). My PhD will be in Microbiology. It''s been a long haul, but I''m almost there! What''s your major?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool on the microbiology. What are you going to do with it? I''m a psych major and I''m getting tired of it. Oh well.

I can''t write a real response because I have to run to Dillards on the other side of town for shoes (Guess Carrie in green patent) for only $38. So on a bit of a time crunch. But I''ll write more later!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Love those Ann Taylor shoes!!!!!! I am looking for work shoes, and those would have been perfect!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results