shape
carat
color
clarity

Dry Skin Products

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Whenever the weather is dry my lips chap and crack, my heels crack, my skin flakes...AGH! Anyone have any suggestions for great dry skin products. It is truly a painful experience for me when the weather turns.

So far I''ve used Zims Crack Cream on my feet, which helps but I have found no good solutions for my face and body.

Thanks!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
not sure about products, but i''ve heard drinking a good amount of water daily helps.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is a great thread on lotions and moisturizers:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/best-body-moisturizers.45770/

in the winter my skin gets super dry. i just use Vaseline intensive care for dry skin typically and i use actual vaseline for my hands at night in the winter and shea butter lotions for the day aka i keep it in my purse. but my skin STILL typically gets dry.

i was just going to bump ann's moisturizer thread because for the last 2 months i have been using Vaseline's Firming Radiance body lotion and i LOVE IT. it has collagen and sunscreen and a bunch of other 'good for your skin' kind of things and it really does seem to make my skin look firmer, plumper...prettier. i even use it on my face sometimes in the morning after showering and i swear it makes my face look just a little tighter.

i've used other similar products like jergens skin firming and nivea but this one is the best.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I have the drinking water part down, I always have a bottle with me. I just am prone to dry skin. I''ll have to read through the thread and I''ll check out the products you both recommended and hopefully I''ll get some relief. By the time we''re 1/2 way through winter my hands are bleeding they crack so much (and I live in Southern CA!).

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
eek! bleeding? have you gone to a dermatologist?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my hands crack and bleed a bit in winter...because it's cold outside and warm inside and it's a recipe for super dry skin to begin with, then add in all the times i wash my hands and don't get lotion on right away and by the last 2 months of 'winter' (in California no less) my hands typically are chapped with cracking. but really i know i just need to be better about getting lotion and creams on CONSISTENTLY. and slathering vaseline on at night kind of thing. so i feel your pain but i haven't found anything yet that works entirely well as much as being consistent with keeping the hands moist. i just tend to get distracted or lazy and not want to get up and put more lotion on etc. also then there is the whole 'rings' thing where i don't like to put lotion on with my rings on etc.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2006 5:48:41 PM
Author: jcrow
eek! bleeding? have you gone to a dermatologist?
I''ve talked to my MD about it, and she says it''s just dry and there''s not a whole lot a dermatologist could do. My feet are worse though, because they crack and bleed and then it''s painfult walk on them. For that I use Zim''s and then put socks on them to keep them protected. it''s more difficult with my hands though...I can''t wear gloves all day!

I am a lotion girl, I slather it on immediately following every shower, I just have to get better about using it when washing my hands too. But that means rings off, wash hands, lotion, wait to dry, rings on...so I am in part lazy. I''ll just have to work on it.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hubby went to the store yesterday and purchased a large container of Cetaphil dry skin lotion, so I will be trying that out for now...hopefully with good results! If it doesn''t work I''ll be off to buy Vaseline and Neutrogena. I''ll let you guys know how it works.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Does anybody have a favorite non-greasy hand cream, or do you mostly use the same lotion for hands and body?

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried the Olay MoistureRinse that you put on in the shower? It''s by far my favorite moisturizer product because it really seems to fix the dry, scaley, cracked skin for me. It''s getting hard to find so I''m afraid Olay is going to discontinue it. I will be so sad...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Specifically for your face I recommend products in the "Nuxe" line--French company, biotanicals is their angle. Love the "Creme Fraiche" for my face. Also, I take fish oils (capsule--combo oils), daily and altho I have only anectdotal evidence to offer, I believe it helps in conjunction with topical products.

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results