shape
carat
color
clarity

Do It Yourself French Manicure???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Okay ladies, can anyone recommend a good at home french manicure kit? Every one I''ve tried has not turned out good. I saw a new one by Sally Hansen that claims it''s a 5-minute French manicure that comes with this "new" white pen. Has anyone tried it?

Any technique recommendations are also appreciated.

Thanks!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Manicure Magic is the one I have tried but it sounds as if SH is making pretty much the same product. Go for it!

Put on lotion first then wipe down your nails with acentone. Buffing your nails if they have any sort of riding will help to polish go on smoothly. If you get some on your hands no worries, it will come off in the shower. Too much polish on the brush makes it hard so wipe off one side on the bottle. If you want to do a french paint more then you want left and go back and remove the excess with a q-tip dipped in acetone.
. Also make sure you file them in a basically straight line this cuts back on ingrown toe nails. To ensure a smooth edge to the nail get a stone file (about 2$ at Sally''s) and do a few swipes from the underside of the nails. Buff the top of your nails until smooth no ridges, and the use a buffing cream and buffer to make them shine. This might sound silly but this will help the polish stay on in my experince. Either wash your feet with soap and water or as I prefer swipe each nail with acetone. Then do the pedi the same was as your manicure. It takes a little practice but it is super easy once you get the hang of it.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never had much luck with "kits".
I use Orly for the white, and Opi sheer for the color.
What I do is brush on the white, and then dip a lipstick brush in polish remover and clean up the smile line.
Sounds time consuming, but it really isn''t.
Most of the time I can freehand it and it looks pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.
1.gif

For base coat, I swear by Creative Stickey; it really makes your polish last. Top coat I use Creative Shiney or Seche Vite.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results