shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond huggie hoops

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

I guess I am looking for answers to a few questions. I have never been a diamond hoops girl. I always preferred studs, but with my new pendant (.598 ACA H&A) the studs seem very boring. Too matchy matchy. I like that these diamond hoops seem understated, hence the huggie style rather than a larger hoop, but it seems ridiculous to buy a set of earrings to wear with one pendant. I have many pendants and my studs go with them all, but I am not sure the huggies would. Do you think the huggie hoops would go with a solitaire pendant. (Fixed, 4 prong basket setting.) Oh, another thing I think of, do you think the 18K earrings will go okay with the platinum of the pendant?

I remember seeing a lady wearing a pair of diamond huggie hoops and thinking that they were lovely, she did not have a pendant on, just the earrings. I guess they made enough of an impression, this was at least a year ago I saw them.

So, my first question is, how versatile do you think hoops are and do you wear them with various pendants?

These are the huggie earrings that I am considering from Blue Nile. I like Blue Nile and I have a silver necklace from them, which was an excellent buy, and if the huggie earrings are of similar quality, they should be awesome. Does $600 seem a good price for .50 ct diamond huggie earrings?? If you have a link to another store that has similar that you know are good quality, please post the link.

Another concern I have is that perhaps the BN diamonds will not be a good match for the excellent ACA H&A, but perhaps the diamonds in the BN earrings (being .01 each) will be sparkly and go just fine. Boy, wouldn''t huggie hoops in H&A melee be fabulous?? : )

Pity I am not looking for bigger hoops, I could take ForteKitty''s off her hands.

I will appreciate any responses.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Blue Nile huggie hoops.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Bridget I have a pair of huggie hoop earrings with pave like those only mine are a little wider. I've had them for years and have found them to be very comfortable to wear and very versatile. They really go with any pendant, but I have a little pave puffed heart pendant that I like to wear with mine. I have worn mine with my diamond solitaire pendant as well and they look fine together. The Blue Nile ones you've shown look great and the price seems reasonable. The pave stones are so tiny I wouldn't worry about them conflicting with your ideal cut diamond.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for your response Sundial! I ordered them today because I know that Blue Nile has a great return policy, so if I don''t like them, I will send them back. They may be a bit narrower than what I wanted, but I will see. I am hoping they will be perfect : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Please post pictures of them on your ear when they arrive, I''d love to see!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bridget, that''s great, can''t wait to hear what you think of them. I have a pair, they are shared prong and I live in them. They are just about the size of the one''s you posted and are very comfy. A breeze to take on and off. And just the right amount of sparkle.
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bridget, those huggies are really pretty, and I think there are few pendants they WOULDN''T go with. I am not a big fan of "matchy matchy" either....you have given me a great idea for earrings to go with my halo set pendant. (There are matching earrings, but it just seemed like too much.)

I do have a question about huggies since I don''t own any yet: do those of you who wear them find that the post fitting into the back ever "loosens" and won''t stay closed? I always worry about losing gold earrings due to the fact that the metal is soft and sometimes gets a little too slack. I''m used to wearing hoops where the post "snaps" into the little v-shaped thing in the back and every so often I have to pinch it back together a little to make sure the post doesn''t fall out of it.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
First of all I love those earrings! I agree that the pave is so tiny it will just be one big blur of sparkle so they wont conflict with bigger, more ideal stones. I have some rings with tiny pave and they are small (doubtful ideal!) but sparkle a lot and hold their own!

I also have a pair of shared prong huggies and LOVE them. I love huggie earrings because of the fact they are so versatile. I have worn mine with jeans, and I have worn them with dresses, and they work well with both! I also agree that would go with so many types of pendants (well maybe not a yellow gold one...:)

Mine are also 14K white gold. I have a 18K white gold bracelet, and my w-set is platinum, and dont notice a difference in any of them, really (makes me wonder why I spent so much on my platinum jewelry
7.gif

AND I love the sound of your pendant! have you ever posted pics? yum!

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Well, the earrings are on the FedEx truck, out for delivery. I will take some pictures today (I so hope I brought my spare camera battery!!!), if not, it will have to wait until tomorrow.

PnP, the thread on my pendant upgrade is: HERE

I am wearing the pendant today and quite excited to see the earrings. I am glad that they will be so versatile. I have maybe 3 pieces of yellow gold jewellery so the white metal will go very well with my silver/ white gold/ platinum pendants.

I wish you well,

Bridget

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Well, they arrived this morning and are very, very pretty. The stones have a great deal of sparkle and the earrings are very well made. In the third picture you can see how they are not identical, the pair has a definite left and right. I think that says that the manufacturer paid close attention to detail. I like that : ) They feel substantial, but not too heavy on the ear to wear. They also close with a "snap" so I am not worried about possibly losing them.

I am still having a hard time with the "goes with everything" feel that my studs have, but I will see with time.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Huggie hoops PM 01.jpg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Second set of pictures, please let the ear shot not come out huge! : )

Huggie hoops PM 02.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Bridget they are gorgeous and they look perfect on your ear! I think you will find them to be very versatile. I am a studs girl too, but the little hoops make a nice change of pace and they really do go with everything!

Edited to Add: I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your picture to show the guy on the Jewelry Pieces forum who is trying to find huggie hoops for his fiance.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Bridget,
They are really pretty. I love them, they''re perfect. Yummmy!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Sundial and Kaleigh! I don''t mind that you posted my pic, it''s a public forum : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bridget, I love your new huggies!! They are beautiful. I think you''ll be very happy with them and will find that you can wear them with anything. I have a smaller set that are also pave. I also have diamond hoops. I find that I wear the smaller pave ones most when I am just "bopping" around and am dressed down. They are still very sparkly but not too much if you know what I mean.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look like the perfect size for your ear! They also appear to be very sparklie - do you love them?

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I love them enough to keep them, they are very sparkly in direct sunlight, and more brilliant in indirect light, but I do think that is similar to my H&A wedding band and other well cut diamonds. I love their quality and I don''t think that I could get something better for the money. I still haven''t convinced myself that they go with everything, but I definitely love the way they look with the solitaire pendant!

I was honked at the other day when craning to look at them (sparklesparklesparkle) in my rearview instead of watching the light!!

My next pair will be about 1ctw, 10 stone shared prong for when I want more bling. Maybe WF H&A stones! : ) I also saw Wink had a pair, I bet he can get H&A melee. Later, later, I want to wear and appreciate these now.

Thank you to everyone who has responded : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Holy rainbows! They are just gorgeous!

And, ok, now I am SO mad at myself. I have a 4 prong pendant in rabbit ears which i love to death but if i would have seen your fixed one BEFORE i got mine, i would SOOOO do that! I LOVE IT! and i think the earrings are perfect!

YAY!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not a huggie hoop person, but they look fabulous on your ears and I do think they could pretty much go with anything!! I still want a pair but the larger 1" ones and those I think have a harder time going with everything than with smaller earrings. Congrats and they look VERY sparkly!!! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results