shape
carat
color
clarity

Coveting Coach Bag!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha Ha so just yesterday I was busy in the 'purse suggestions' thread saying I was totally not into Coach bags because everyone has them (esp the signature ones)...

Then I went to lunch with Greg and I saw the CUTEST Coach bag...in a pink. I looked it up online last nite and found this one which I think is the same one (I only got a few covetous looks in at lunch before the chick thought I was some bag stalker), but in fall colors they only have black and a brown. BOO! The pink was adorable. But the black is kind of growing on me. Is this karma for saying I didn't like Coach bags or what? Now I want to buy one!

Hmmmm I'm supposed to be not spending any $$ right now but I really like this bag! Decisions decisions. It's $338 but it's classic!
11.gif

OH I just had an idea as I was about to hit submit. It's my bday next month so quite possibly I can finagle this as a gift.
31.gif

http://www.coach.com/shop/product_nobefree.asp?product_no=7347&category_id=552

coach buckle bag.jpg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
That looks like a really nice bag. I am a recent Coach convert and I love their leather handbags. They are gorgeous and seemingly well made, they probabaly really will last a lifetime, if properly maintained. If you have a local Coach store you can often find things that may not be online. A few months ago I was covetting the Optic Signature Large Hobo in the Khaki colour and went back to look at it online, yet again, and it was gone, but they had them in the store. My local Macy''s has also been having sales on the summer handbags and I''ve picked up two black leather hand bags at ridiculous prices, (one was over $120 off!.) If you have local dept. stores (which if I remember correctly you are in the S.F. bay area, so you must have a bunch of shops! : ) I would check them out too.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loooove that bag, it''s awesome!!!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you mean about not always liking the coach bags since everyone has them and the C''s are all ove rthe place! But sometimes they have some cute stuff...like your current crush
1.gif
That looks like a really practical bag to buy, so its more of an investment piece than a fun piece...it''ll look with weekend and work attire and therefore, I''d go for it! Did you want teh black or pink? I wonder if the coupons at bloomies for the weekend would apply to coach, mine are at home so I can''t check, but its one of their every $100 you get $25 off with the coupons, so that''d bump it down $75! ANyway, I say get it...I''m never one to tell someone not to buy a purse!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That bag is a beauty Mara and not your typical logoed Coach. The size and shape look very practical. I think you need to have it. The quality on Coach bags is excellent.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee Hee I will send the url and information to my loving husband and put a little note about my birthday in October. Along with the reservation # for a fabulous dinner at La Fondue of course!
31.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
when in october is your birthday?? Yes i definitely think it''s birthday gift worthy!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Mara, that''s the bag I''m drooling over! I must have it in brown.

I''m not at all a "purse girl" (or a shoe girl, for that matter), but I love love LOVE this bag!
30.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve decided that the coach trend is one I MUST give into (although there are a million other brands I love as well- with money I could have quite the handbag obession) so don''t feel guilty about following the masses...not all lemmings fall off the cliff
3.gif

I love the style you''re aching for- I''d even "take" the black one!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara you are too funny. As soon as I saw the subject line I thought "wait, Mara doesn''t like coach bags.."
9.gif
I am personally a Coach fan. Their bags last FOREVER (make sure to mention that to your DH). I think the reason everyone has one is because there are so many fakes (my favorite ones are the ones that have "GO" instead of the "C". I think people don''t notice
33.gif
) I think that is a classic and you really NEED it. You might try an outlet. They could have it in the summer pink for cheaper...just a thought.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHA OH MY GOD. hold the presses! Today we had our annual open house for work and one of my clients had the CUTEST LV bag...it was SO cute. I am a total LV fan and when I saw this bag I thought this is perfect. It fits perfectly under the arm and fits flat against the body and is the perfect size. It looked great on her. The gal didn''t know the style name so I got online after the event was over and searched vuitton.com and found it!!!

So now I am dying for this bag instead. Problem? It''s $745 as opposed to the $338 for the Coach. YIKES! My best friend says to position it as XMAS *and* Birthday. I don''t know..it''s a long shot.
31.gif

30.gif
30.gif

coussin gm louis vuitton.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, Mara, I have been dying for that LV bag. It''s just the most adorable thing but I don''t love the price tag. You should definitely do the Christmas/Birthday thing--it always works for me but my bday is on Dec. 23!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally think that is a great idea Mara. I often try that trick. (Doesn''t always work)
15.gif
But it is still worth a shot.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK so I started laying the groundwork today for this bag...

At first it was a bit rocky..aka 'A PURSE??' and then.. '700!' and then the clincher... wait for 'a vinyl bag?!'...G hates LV bags and thinks they look like they are cheap overpriced vinyl...but I adore them. Luckily my 15 year old sister was there who's pretty fashionable and she was adding in some assistance. So he said well it would need to be Birthday, Christmas AND V-Day. I said OKAY..because he has a short memory and by V-Day he would have forgotten that it spanned that long...hehee.

I spun the whole, I hardly ever really love expensive stuff like this (hee!) and so far it's partway there I think. I also told him as a last ditch effort that if by some chance he didn't get it for me I would just buy it myself...to which he just grunted...HAH!
9.gif
So he's got a choice. Off the hook for Bday and Xmas (a huge perk for my darling hubby who hates to shop) or seriously ON the hook for both occasions (because then the pressure is on), and then I buy it anyway as some work reward or similar!
31.gif

So far so good..we'll see!
1.gif
I know he has a hard time swallowing it because he is super practical and so he doesn't GET why chicks like things like to spend money on things like bags and clothes and the like.
41.gif
But he spends that much anyway so I'd much rather have something I really want. Keeping fingers crossed.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
You have your little sister and I have my son. My son loves LV, for me. I never was into it until recently. Hubby stopped buying me jewelry, so that was my next obsession. I have gotten 2 bags and just adore them. They do hold up well, just don''t get them wet. But being in CA, you won''t have to worry about that too much, good luck!!!!!
31.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Mara you go girl - I like your style!!! You deserve that bag. Men are only capable of a limited understanding of the need for handbags and jewelry. My husband just humors me so I will stop talking about these things!!! I have a couple of LV bags and some accessories and I love them.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I love the LV bag!! Do you think you can finagle an early Christmas present? I''ve got my fingers crossed for you.

I just happened to be checking out the new Coach bags today [gee I wonder what put that thought into my head?] and wouldn''t you know it, one called my name and followed me home!

cmscbag2.JPG

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Thats a great bag. I should add that to my most wanted list. I really need a new black bag. The top of my list is this helen welch one from nordstroms
http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product.asp?styleid=2879887&category=2376779~2376804~6002969&PrevStyleID=2873516&NextStyleID=2876985

But the coach one is a bit more timeless. My fall bag last year was the coach holiday quilted bag. I usually hate signatures, but it was a great bag.... This one would last you longer. I vote for the black coach bag!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Oh CatMom, I just saw that bag in the store and it caught my eye! I love the shape.

Hehe, followed you home
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh I like that bag Catmom, nice and big!

So far so good girls...
31.gif
...keeping fingers crossed.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! Mara, it is big but not too thick so that it fits very nicely under the arm. Plus, it''s got that little extra "bling" that I like so well and the chocolate colored suede is yummy. If you like Coach at all there are several new styles that just came out. I had four lined up that I was trying to decide between but kept coming back to this one. Of course they don''t compete with your LV.
28.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I just recently bought that coach bag in bone w brown stiching, and am loving it. (I am very not into handbags tho, so it''s a big thing when one calls my name.) It comes in different sizes. I bought the mid-sized one I think,and paid just under $200 at the Coach Factory store in town. They had black and a great brown, and maybe a bright green, but I don''t remember pink.

If you go back to lusting after something Coach -- check out a factory store first. Ours has a great selection. Gilroy might have one.

Good luck on your LV pursuit! You''d think the lure of not having to shop or invest further in diamonds would be enough to close the deal.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ame, I love that one too! LOL Except in black for me. hehe

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
EUREKA!
2.gif
Today at lunch Greg said he''d be willing to buy me the new LV bag because he is tired of seeing my old small one that I carry EVERYWHERE with me bulging at the seams. Hahah well at least *something* worked! I agreed to it being the gift for Bday and Christmas with VDay contingent on finances come next Feb.
36.gif

So now I just have to send him the image with all the details and point him towards the LV store at the mall!
31.gif

Thanks for all the support gals...hee hee. Oh he also said something like ''All this purse and expensive branded stuff, it''s just for women to show other women...'' I was like..,and?
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha too funny. You will love that bag Mara!!!!
21.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 5:00:49 PM
Author: Mara
EUREKA!
2.gif
Today at lunch Greg said he''d be willing to buy me the new LV bag because he is tired of seeing my old small one that I carry EVERYWHERE with me bulging at the seams. Hahah well at least *something* worked! I agreed to it being the gift for Bday and Christmas with VDay contingent on finances come next Feb.
36.gif

So now I just have to send him the image with all the details and point him towards the LV store at the mall!
31.gif

Thanks for all the support gals...hee hee. Oh he also said something like ''All this purse and expensive branded stuff, it''s just for women to show other women...'' I was like..,and?
11.gif

try to get it soon- i think prices generally go up before xmas.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
W
M51141%5B1%5D.jpg
hile looking for a LV bag for a friend, who is despreate for pink lame...I saw this Coussin

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom I really like that bag! Does it have any outside zipper compartments or are they all on the inside? No matter how much I try to ''downsize'' the amount of stuff I carry, I never seem to be able to close a bag completely!

I have never really gotten into designer purses because I always felt that if you paid that much for one you would have to marry it! If it gets dirty or stained, I guess that is too bad about your luck, huh? Just seems like when the next season rolls around, I would want something different. I have a couple of Stone Mountain bags that I switch around with but at some point I don''t want to put my stuff in that ''used'' pocketbook anymore. I just want to pitch it and get another one. It''s easier to do that if you only paid $100 for it as opposed to $350. Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results