shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Cards

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Anyone seen those Christmas cards with santa plating soccer or snowmen playing soccer.. or any christmas cards with soccer?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Mine, just wanted to let you know I am on a soccer card mission...will report back as soon as I find them. Learning about your daughters team and her high scores...I understand why you want soccer...

I have seen sports cards in years past...they were maybe at Academy Sports...or Oshmans..or Sun and Ski? One more thought is office depot has had some cool looking ones in the past. I can remember some cartoon looking cat playing the sax, swinging a golf club, and one with a tennis racket. I didn''t dig any deeper...surely there were other sports represented. My problem is I can''t remember WHERE I saw them.

Will be out this week...post a message if you have already found them.

Pro Shopper...DKS

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Door Knob~ Thanks~~ I saw some on Ebay about a year or two back.. they had Santa playing soccer with the Snowmen.. and reindeer dressed up like soccer goalies.. it was neat.. But I haven''t found any this year. I have seen some of the ''homemade type ones'' but these were more the hallmark types... Let me know if you find some.. I am definitely wanting them!!

Mara~ thanks for looking for me!! I did try the google thing... and I found that website.. they do have some cool ones on there.. Aren''t their prices per card? They are kinda close to what I am looking for... but I guess I am just stuck on finding the ones that I had seen before...

Thanks again!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
OH dear...I was at Hallmark yesterday...(No soccer cards found yet...) anyway this older...70+ man was standing infront of the shoebox display...I was reaching from his right side...not behind him...but close and I politely said, "Excuse me, I am going to grab this card"...my reach was not accross him, or infront of him, just 1/2 a foot from his right side. I could tell he was concentrating on reading and I thought it was courteous to proclaim my presence. Anyway, he immediately swiveled to his left and walked away...I reached for the envelope and looked back around for him, he was noooo where to be seen.

Even though I had the card I came back for...I thought one more check may be prudent...so I looked at about 8-10 more. Decided my choice was right...got an erie "hair standing on the back of my neck" feeling ...sure enough THE MAN was to my right about 20 feet resting his crossed arms on a display rack squared UP to ME!! I said "OH DEAR" because it was a tad erie...and he said..."ARE YOU DONE?????"

I said "Oh sir, please forgive me...you misunderstood my actions completely...I looked around for you and determined you had given up in the area...How very insensitive of me...Please forgive me!"

He wouldn't even acknowledge my existance. I was truly sincere in my apology. I cried all the way home.

I shop for cards all the time. I try to be courteous to those around me. Trading places and standing at angle so they too can see all the cards...I suppose regulars are familiar with arms reaching for cards...I can't seem to shake my regret of his anger towards me. I hope he has forgotten it.

I wish I had thought to offer him my assistance in his hunt...as my actions had detained him. I think I could have pulled out this negative into a positive. I just didn't think of anything but being embarrassed of how selfish he thought I was. Still crying.

DKS
39.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DoorKnob, I totally understand your dismay. It''s so much worse when we make an unintentional faux pas and then try to apologize, then the other person completely ignores us. Chances are he was just having a bad day altogether. Had you caught him early on in the day, it probably would have been no big deal, and he would have accepted your apology. All we can do in these types of situations is try to do a good deed to make up for our "accident." Don''t worry about it, people like that often have sort of a chip on their shoulder to begin with and it wouldn''t matter if you gave him a thousand apologies and bought his next ten cards from the store. You are obviously a person who always practices common courtesy and on this occasion your world happened to scrape painfully past someone else''s who was not as understanding as you would have been had it happened to you. Don''t cry over spilt milk, ok? You are a sweet person and he failed to see that...his loss!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Mine!!!
I think I may have found something for you! I was thinking that my friend always sent out cute tennis xmas cards, but his are from somewhere else, i'm blanking, but anyway, I knew there had to be some soccer ones...so i did a random search for sports cards and it wasn't one of the search results, but the paid advertisers that came up. Have a look...

Epic Soccer Equipment - online soccer catalog

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh thanks Monarch...after posting that I was thinking...everyone would read it and think I thought it IS ALL ABOUT me me me!! How I was wounded...etc. I so appreciate your kind words. I will take you advice. Sponge up the milk...and go on.

I''ll also pass it "double" forward...to make up for the spill.

17.gif
DKS

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
WOW Blue!! You hit the soccer ball mother load
6.gif
!! Those look really great! You might PM Mime.

Good job.
36.gif
You ready for my list?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results