shape
carat
color
clarity

Best. Perfume. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wallermama:

yeah!!! you bought my yummy favorite- chelsea flowers! i adore it!!!
i hope you love it as much as i do!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i have a bottle of patchouli but when i wear it my students complain that "it smells like a gerbil cage in here".

My signature fragrance is crabtree and evelyn rosewater.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 9:05:39 AM
Author: jcrow
wallermama:

Mmmm. It is so nice! I liked chinatown too.

I must admit that I also picked up another fragrance on Ebay that the Saks lady recommended...Hanae Mori''s Butterfly. Sooo nice. It''s a little sweeter, a bit of vanilla=ish, like a hint of flowers and new baked cookies. My brother in law said he thought is would be the one my kids would remember and would make my husband sniff my sweaters when I''m gone
1.gif
DH was out of town so I got opinions from the closest thing...his brother! His girlfriend preferred the Chelsea Flowers. It is interesting to see people''s reactions to the same scent!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I have 2 favorites: Dolce & Gabbana''s Light Blue and the Gap''s scent, Om. They used to carry Om at their stores but its been discontinued and I can only find it at Gap outlets. I just searched for it online and its selling for around $200.00, which I''m puzzled about. I buy it for about $20 a bottle, if that! I don''t know how to describe the scents, but I love them! I almost always have people asking me what I''m wearing, especially with the Gap scent.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 5:23:46 PM
Author: pinkflamingo
my favorite these days is Narciso Rodriguez Musc For Her. It is $$$, $150/ 1.6 oz, but it is long lasting and so fresh and clean smelling. I get compliments on it all the time. A must-try next time you guys are at Nordies.

eta: butterfly, check out the Comptoir Sud Pacifique line for vanille coco. it is a wonderful coconut-vanilla scent. I also love their vanille banane and vanille abricot. soo yummy!

if you want a more beachy type scent, smell Bobbi Brown Beach. It really smells like suntan lotion, a little ocean salty spray, very clean and definitely beachy. :)

Thanks so much for the tip. Now I have to find a mall that has a Saks nearby. Or, I could always go into the city. If I really fall in love with the Scent of Peace, I might have to ask my friend who works at the one in Manhattan to get as I really don''t want to spend that much on a perfume, even if it is my POTENTIAL "SIGNATURE" perfume! LOLOL!
2.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I was back in the Galleria yesterday (twice in 1 week, not good!)

I stopped at the Bond table and was assaulted by 2 aging beauty queens! Heaven''s sake, they pushed that stuff so hard.

I decided to walk around with 3 of the fragrance cards, to figure out which one I liked.
Guess I walked too far because I ended up in Sephora and bought a small bottle
of the Armani and Dior Cheri - those 2 ladies were such a hard sell, I just couldn''t go through
the pitches again.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

No luck with Bond either--neither Holt Renfrew or The Bay had it.
8.gif

cheers--Sharon

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 6:23:24 PM
Author: wallermama
Date: 7/29/2006 9:05:39 AM
Author: jcrow
wallermama:

Mmmm. It is so nice! I liked chinatown too.

I must admit that I also picked up another fragrance on Ebay that the Saks lady recommended...Hanae Mori''s Butterfly. Sooo nice. It''s a little sweeter, a bit of vanilla=ish, like a hint of flowers and new baked cookies. My brother in law said he thought is would be the one my kids would remember and would make my husband sniff my sweaters when I''m gone
1.gif
DH was out of town so I got opinions from the closest thing...his brother! His girlfriend preferred the Chelsea Flowers. It is interesting to see people''s reactions to the same scent!

too funny! i like chinatown too.

when i was deciding on a new scent ( i had chelsea flowers and two different creed scents ) i asked female friends as well as male ones to see what they prefered. most of them picked chelsea flowers.
5.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Wallermama! I actually like Chelsea Flowers too - but I think it would give me a headache if I wore it. I like it on other folks though...I just have a super low headache factor when it comes to perfume!

And I used to love Gap Om. Loved it. I still have a bottle of it (with the tiniest little amount left) in my closet. I will never understand why they stopped carrying it!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 9:47:15 AM
Author: littlelysser
Congrats Wallermama! I actually like Chelsea Flowers too - but I think it would give me a headache if I wore it. I like it on other folks though...I just have a super low headache factor when it comes to perfume!

And I used to love Gap Om. Loved it. I still have a bottle of it (with the tiniest little amount left) in my closet. I will never understand why they stopped carrying it!

Oh, geez! I''d hate to be the giver-of-headaches to Littlelysser!

I''m such a dork. I just accidently bought a second bottle of Chelsea Flowers on ebay because I forgot I had bid on an auction and then I did a "Buy it Now.".
15.gif
I''d better REALLY like it, or Craigslist, here I come!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
2.gif
Hi guys,
I went yesterday and I tried on a few of the scents and my husband liked the scent of peace, but although I liked it, I wasn''t so in love with it to buy it.
I also liked the Fire Island which is musky and reminds me of Dolce and Gabana Feminine.

I tried on the Hanae Mori scent and really liked it. If I had to pick one of these three, I would probably go with that.

OH, I tried on Bobbi Brown Beach and it smells just like the beach, but no coconut or banana or suntan oil smell at all, so I didn''t like it.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I promise Wallermama - I'd love the smell on you...it would just give me a headache if I wore it!

28.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also picked up another fragrance on Ebay that the Saks lady recommended...Hanae Mori's Butterfly. Sooo nice. It's a little sweeter, a bit of vanilla=ish, like a hint of flowers and new baked cookies.
Haven't followed the whole thread but this line made me go
23.gif
30.gif
. MMMMM. That would be like my DREAM scent. I HAVE to find a place to sniff some of that up but good!

I've been Jo Malone gal for a while now ... Grapefruit --or- Tuberose. I remember getting my first "fancy perfume" in college ... I think it was *blush* POISON. HEE!

ETA:: HELP!!! Which Butterfly ... Pink or Blue?? (I feel like Alice In Ebayland).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2006 8:49:25 PM
Author: decodelighted

I also picked up another fragrance on Ebay that the Saks lady recommended...Hanae Mori''s Butterfly. Sooo nice. It''s a little sweeter, a bit of vanilla=ish, like a hint of flowers and new baked cookies.
Haven''t followed the whole thread but this line made me go
23.gif
30.gif
. MMMMM. That would be like my DREAM scent. I HAVE to find a place to sniff some of that up but good!

I''ve been Jo Malone gal for a while now ... Grapefruit --or- Tuberose. I remember getting my first ''fancy perfume'' in college ... I think it was *blush* POISON. HEE!

ETA:: HELP!!! Which Butterfly ... Pink or Blue?? (I feel like Alice In Ebayland).
HI:

I am not WM...but have worn Hanae Mori for some time and love the blue...very soft and romantic vanilla....gorgeous......really.....

And Jo Malone...have worn the French Lime Blossom and also the Orange Blossom....very fresh, but not the same at HM..... should try others by JM

cheers--Sharon

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, i was so confused. But blue is the parfum, pink the eau du toilette, yellow is a summer light version. It is all the same scent--different concentrations...

Definitely try the blue. Very yummy, and I''m more excited for it to arrive than the Bond No. 9. And cheap on Ebay!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Update:

Bond No. 9 didn''t fly with the DH. He was all over the Hanae Mori butterfly, which my kids now call "that cookie stuff." So I put them (yes, THEM, because in my Ebay zeal I accidently bought two Chelsea Flowers, dumb me) back on Ebay and I''m very happy with my HM.

Although I did just get a sample of Creed''s Spring Flowers...lovely, but made DH sneeze.

I''ll stick with being the cookie lady!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2006 4:17:15 PM
He was all over the Hanae Mori butterfly, which my kids now call ''that cookie stuff.'' I''ll stick with being the cookie lady!

Ooooh -- goodie goodie! I was wondering how this all settled out! I was in Macy''s the other day (the only big department store around here) and I was like "I''m trying to find something that starts with an "H", sounds kind of Japanese, and smells like cookies". The lady just looked at me and shook her head. "I don''t think we have that". HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Oh well - guess I''ll have to Ebay it .. or wait ''til my b-day & keep my fingers crossed!
12.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2006 8:59:44 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 8/14/2006 4:17:15 PM

Ooooh -- goodie goodie! I was wondering how this all settled out! I was in Macy''s the other day (the only big department store around here) and I was like ''I''m trying to find something that starts with an ''H'', sounds kind of Japanese, and smells like cookies''. The lady just looked at me and shook her head. ''I don''t think we have that''. HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Oh well - guess I''ll have to Ebay it .. or wait ''til my b-day & keep my fingers crossed!
12.gif

Oh it is soooo nice. You might want to snack on your arm, however.

Quite the deal on Ebay! Again, go for the Blue.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laura Mercier has some new scents out that go with her body stuff... I like tarte au citron and vanilla gourmande...they are sweet but good! And they can be layered together, there are some other scents as well.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2006 11:43:45 AM
Deco, i was so confused. But blue is the parfum, pink the eau du toilette, yellow is a summer light version. It is all the same scent--different concentrations...

Definitely try the blue. Very yummy, and I''m more excited for it to arrive than the Bond No. 9. And cheap on Ebay!
I just found out the same thing! I own the HM, but the bottle is not colored and I cannot read the tiny label on the bottle, so I am not sure which I have. I went to Bloomies and sprayed them all, thought I liked the pure perfume over the eau de parfum...but could not recall which was which. I did buy the new Juicy, and the new Cartier perfume, I got the pure perfume in the Cartier because it stayed better, and got the eau de parfum in the Juicy, they still do not have the pure perfume or gel in yet, but I am on the list for it. I also got Viktor Rolfe flower bombe and I love it...it dries down so great on me, at the beginning it smelled a bit like Angel which I do not like at all on me, but now I love it! I never smelled the yellow HM though..where did you see it?

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
wallermama- The comment you made about having a scent that your kids love really hits home for me. For years, the only perfume that my mother has ever used is Fendi. I can recall my brother running up to her as a toddler, jumping in her lap, burying his face in her neck, and taking a deep breath and sighing. Then he'd jump down and take off.
2.gif
Lately she has been using a little of philosophy's Amazing Grace, a small bottle I gave her as a gift for Mother's Day, but she usually alternates it with the Fendi. Everything she owns smells like her Fendi, and just a whiff of it on her coat or in her clothing reminds me of being little again because she wore it all through my childhood.

I usually swap between a bottle of Versace's Baby Rose Jeans, which I LOVE, and a bottle of Tea Rose if I wear any perfume. I really like BaBW Jasmine Vanilla bodywash right now and that usually leaves enough soft scent in my skin to last all day.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh my. I did smell it and didn''t like it at all...not that it''s not pretty, but definitely not for me. Much too sweet. I used to buy all my perfumes from ebay...and still do it every now and then...but now I wear just one andsometimes, the prices are only a few dollars cheaper, so I''d rather buy it from the mall bc I wonder if it is more fresh? Dunno.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
That perfume review was hysterical, Wallermama

The cologne is so pure, complex and concentrated that the first day the opening will smell overpowering piney/woody at the beginning for about 10-20 min. This piney scent is just a woody oakmoss with flowery scent added to it so thus it gives illusion of piney scent that reminds one of that first Polo green bottle. There is certain spiciness and zest to it that gives of freshness of a toothpaste or pine scented concentrate for water when cleaning floors.
After about 20 min it begins to change and dilute beautifully on your skin. It starts off as a scent of a honeysuckle in a someones garden in a suburbia on mild summer clear day and there is a touch of magnificent scent of a Yasmin as well; but not as much as the Bulgarian rose; and you cannot miss that scent of a enchanted forest to it. It smells extraordinary....The best smell to go to a church with..There is so much depth and finesse to it and purity that no other cologne can come close to it. It smells like a summer day in a SChwatzwald clinic scenery (German series) while you are having a joyride in a brand new convertible Mercedes with your friends...fairytale. I think some of the earlier Hugo Boss colognes with that honeyscent have failed miserably trying to capture this magic.
The best way to describe it if you watch DVD Lord of the Rings, The return of the King, chapter 7, when Arwen walks through the fairytale forest with her Elves and then that beatufil opera song emerges and light after which she rides a horse over a bridge, into the city and on that dais with fallen leafs where she meets that man who has a gift of foresight. It smells a glorious as that entire scene.
To be honest I could picture only the Elves in the white robes, or Arc-angels wearing this scent because no mortal man deserves to smell like this...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 9:09:10 AM
Author: ladykemma
i have a bottle of patchouli but when i wear it my students complain that ''it smells like a gerbil cage in here''.
It''s been weeks but I still crack up every time I read this.
2.gif
5.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2006 2:50:33 PM
Author: Starset Princess

I know. I read the whole thing to my husband because I couldn''t believe someone had actually written it seriously. AND managed to portray themselves as a perfume connoisseur and a LOTR freak at the same time
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 3:31:01 PM

Date: 8/22/2006 2:50:33 PM
Author: Starset Princess

I know. I read the whole thing to my husband because I couldn''t believe someone had actually written it seriously. AND managed to portray themselves as a perfume connoisseur and a LOTR freak at the same time
2.gif

wallerama, I thought ??? too. But what scent is being discussed? I seemed to have missed that part!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
It was a Creed scent... If I remember correctly, it was a limited edition Neiman Marcus had-- 150 bottles in the US or something-- for this Father''s Day.

Very funny...the more expensive a scent, the more transcendant people think it is!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

Went DT to pick up my new dress and found a boutique that had the Bond Bo. 9 fragrances--and I loved them all!! Could have bought every scent (well myabe not Wall Street) but bought the eau de New York today and will ask for Chinatown for my BD in Nov. and from there Chelsea Flowers and Scent of Peace. Thanks for the tip!!

cheers--Sharon

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Fun thread.

Well, as I live in the middle of nowhere, there's no SAKS or a Bond store (which I never even heard of until this thread!) near me, so I won't be able to sniff any of these wonderful-sounding fragrances until I get somewhere ELSE sometime. I don't even know if Pittsburgh has a SAKS? But I will check it out as I am always interested in fragrances -- although I've never spent that much $$$ on one before, but hey, I'm open to the suggestion of it!
2.gif

Right now I am wearing Philosphy's Falling In Love, which has been a very fun summer fragrance. Soon I will be switching back to Burberry, though... I do adore that scent. (Just the regular Burberry London, not any of the spin-off ones.) It doesn't smell like you have "something" sprayed on... it smells like it could just be "you"... and I really like that. Pretty reasonably priced, too.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2006 6:59:31 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Hi:

Went DT to pick up my new dress and found a boutique that had the Bond Bo. 9 fragrances--and I loved them all!! Could have bought every scent (well myabe not Wall Street) but bought the eau de New York today and will ask for Chinatown for my BD in Nov. and from there Chelsea Flowers and Scent of Peace. Thanks for the tip!!

cheers--Sharon
did you try wall street on a boy?
19.gif
i think it smells wonderful on FI.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results