shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher: To Faux or Not to Faux....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock

OK…still in pursuit of the Asscher cut….but now a new question. I am working with someone to find me a diamond and still very much want one…however I just am tossing around ideas….

Last night while at a friend''''s house someone told me to look into man made diamonds. I came home and briefly looked however, I only saw colored ones, and I want colorless. Do they make colorless yet?

I have read a few threads on the Gemesis and Apollo stuff but as I said, I couldn''''t find anything colorless.

I wondered if I should buy the setting that I want now and get a (gasp) faux diamond and then upgrade in five years? Any thoughts? Any thoughts on which are the most real looking? If I do this, however bad it may seem, I only intend to tell me family it is a faux, if others outright ask, I won''''t lie, but I am not going to go around bragging about my pseudo diamond if you catch my drift.

I was looking at something in the 1.5 carat range, do you think that will look too over the top screaming faux?

Also, the setting I have chosen has to *real* mined diamonds in it. How will that look paired up against my not so real not so mined one? Is a jeweler going to throw me out of their store when I ask them to set it? I don''''t mean to sound completely ignorant….

Thanks for your help!

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey beautiful
31.gif

very nice asschers are tough to find for sure. i don''t see anything wrong with getting a placeholder until you find what you are looking for. will your ultimate purchase be in the 1.5 range? the only thing that will make a faux stone believable, is if you get it in the size that you can afford with the real thing. besides, you don''t want to go down in size in a couple of years!
as far as jewelers kicking you out....well, i don''t know if they would, but you can buy your sim. from wink jones (a reputable and regular poster here) and have him set it. he can probably get any setting of your choosing. you can see his sims at www.freecz.com
best of luck to you!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Winks asscher cz''s are nice but I dont like them for rings that will be worn all the time.
Im going to get my sweets one for a pendant or pin some day :}

Id do the reverse of what your considering.
Get the asscher now and simple setting and get a fancy setting later for it.

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your response.

Even if the setting is only $900 plus around $200 to set? You would still do it the other way around?

I approached the subject of letting me pay for the diamond or at least contribute and my bf just about had a stroke...I think I hurt his pride/ego although that was never my intent
7.gif

We will be the only couple who breaks up instead of gets engaged I tell you :) LOL Stress anyone?

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Actually...the setting that I drool over in my ideal little world...is $3,420 :o

Please see-

http://www.galleriadiamond.com/ Diamond Ring 852-page 4 of the Antique Settings....I am a spazz and for some reason, it wont let me post the pic.

In 5 yrs, the boyfriend would definately spring for a 1.5-2 carat, right now I am looking at a 1 ct. We have been together for 6 years, alas, I should have that diamond now :) HA. He is not wealthy though and wants to remain debt free. I can''t fault him for that..

I wonder if Wink would take my setting and set the diamond or if I would have to buy a setting from him? I looked and none of those really got me excited.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would get the 1c now with a vendor who has an upgrade policy and choose the $900 setting. you are taking the chance they will be around in 5 years which is always questionable, BUT if you choose a vendor with a good history and good business practices...then you will probably be in luck. in 5 years maybe you can get that 1.5 or 2c and the fancy setting you want! you never know what can happen.

i love the asscher that Jade got from wink but to be honest i dont know if i would want to pay for a fake...other than $1.00 that is.
9.gif
but that is just me. i would not want to wear one daily either nor would i want to put something like that into a nice setting. i''d rather wait for the real thing...even though instant gratification can be fun.
9.gif

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Have you checked betterthandiamond.com? They have something called Asha simulants which are generally pricier than you average simulants but are supposed to be very believable. They have a lifetime guarantee. I''ve never seen one but have been tempted to create a right hand ring with some of their stones. I don''t see anything wrong with wearing a simulant if it doens''t look ridiculously fake (usually when you get a low quality one or one that is too large). In fact the good thing about them are you don''t have to worry as much about damaging or losing your ring, you can travel with it, you save thousands of dollars & you don''t have to pay for insurance. If you do decide to go this route, let us know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results