shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these boots SEXY?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1290024745|2770253 said:
Welllllll .... I think I have to go back to the drawing board. The boots arrived & look very cool .... but are SWIMMING on me despite all measuring assurances to the contrary. Weirdness! And the heel is very cheap feeling -- clunks super loudly, the gel pad in the heel doesn't absorb enough impact, and the whole boot jangles more that I hoped the hardware would. It would be an AWESOME boot except for that darn heel!

BUT -- trying them on with super opaque black leggings & a long plaid shirt/tunic did confirm to me that I *DO* in fact really really really want boots.

I wonder if the pricier Duo's have leather soles & less-hollow-sounding heels? The one DUO that DH liked so much was lined with leather ... a luxe touch vs the fabric interiors of most of the US ones I've seen. Does that bode well for heel ya think? I should call them I guess & see. Or keep looking.

Man, I really like the LOOK of these though. Maybe I could put gel insoles into the whole shoe & solve the "feel" problem, with a calf-size down that is. It would still SOUND weird though. Harumph.

I got mine today and they fit pretty well (Stirrup sz 9.5wide). Room enough in the calf to wear heavier tights or leggings but not so big that you look like you're wearing waders. I see what you mean about the heel being clunky and needing an insole though. The weird thing is that the sole of the boot has nice traction but the heel has none. The bottom of the heel should have been rubber rather than that teflon like material they currently have on there.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Would anything by "Frye" work? Classic boots and good looking for a variety of "looks". Even if they are a few bucks more, you'd have them for decades--I have 15 year old RL Classic Riding boot that aren't going anywhere!

cheers--Sharon

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kismet|1290127445|2772205 said:
I got mine today and they fit pretty well (Stirrup sz 9.5wide). Room enough in the calf to wear heavier tights or leggings but not so big that you look like you're wearing waders. I see what you mean about the heel being clunky and needing an insole though. The weird thing is that the sole of the boot has nice traction but the heel has none. The bottom of the heel should have been rubber rather than that teflon like material they currently have on there.
That's good news, Kismet!! Are you going to keep them? Seems like it might be easy to get a rubber layer put onto the heel or something. I love how the metal looks a bit distressed & not super uber shiny. I'll miss that. I'm getting closer to ordering the plain leather version of the Duo boots I posted earlier. They are so so so so plain ... but maybe they'll stay classic? Who knows! Thanks again for your help!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1290181939|2772891 said:
HI:
Would anything by "Frye" work? Classic boots and good looking for a variety of "looks". Even if they are a few bucks more, you'd have them for decades--I have 15 year old RL Classic Riding boot that aren't going anywhere!
cheers--Sharon
Oh Sharon. There is NOTHING I'd like more than to be able to wear Frye. Seriously. If I thought losing weight would affect my calf size enough to be able to slip into those gorgeous boots -- I'd DO IT. But even my skinny sister's calves require special wide-calf boots. If she can't wear Frye ... there's no hope for me! I did notice that Frye has come out with two styles of "extra width" boots -- but their listed dimensions are still too teensy for my beef sticks. Thanks for the thought though!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pink Tower|1290044266|2770788 said:
Thanks Pink Tower. I did try some on at Target the other day & didn't make a match. The ones you ordered for your daughter look super cute though. I especially like the gray ones. I have some microfiber suede slipper flats that are magically stain-proof & comfy. Bet she'll get a lot of wear out of them!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
And have you looked at the Naturalizer website? Their shoes are usually comfortable.
They sent a 15% off the sale price coupon in the mail yest. They have several styles that have wide shanks.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1290188983|2773037 said:
canuk-gal|1290181939|2772891 said:
HI:
cheers--Sharon
Oh Sharon. There is NOTHING I'd like more than to be able to wear Frye. Seriously. If I thought losing weight would affect my calf size enough to be able to slip into those gorgeous boots -- I'd DO IT. But even my skinny sister's calves require special wide-calf boots. If she can't wear Frye ... there's no hope for me! I did notice that Frye has come out with two styles of "extra width" boots -- but their listed dimensions are still too teensy for my beef sticks. Thanks for the thought though!

HI:

Phooey. I hope you find something you like, soon.

cheers--Sharon

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
So today I went out shopping for some black flat boots, and found these beauties at Nordstrom. They are the Ecco "Hobart" boot, and after getting them it made me think of deco and this thread. The little buckles on the sides are NOT just for pretty looks, they're actually functional! I've got ridiculously skinny calves (which is almost as much of a problem as having wide calves, believe me) and I had to readjust the buckle to its tightest and it's still too bit loose, but good enough for me.

However, you can adjust them to their loosest, and there is TONS of room in there, plus the leather stretches a bit more! They really are gorgeous IRL and I think you should try them if you're still in the market. 8)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/3103359?origin=related-3103359-0-0-1

eccoboots.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1292529937|2798816 said:
So today I went out shopping for some black flat boots, and found these beauties at Nordstrom. They are the Ecco "Hobart" boot, and after getting them it made me think of deco and this thread. The little buckles on the sides are NOT just for pretty looks, they're actually functional! I've got ridiculously skinny calves (which is almost as much of a problem as having wide calves, believe me) and I had to readjust the buckle to its tightest and it's still too bit loose, but good enough for me.

However, you can adjust them to their loosest, and there is TONS of room in there, plus the leather stretches a bit more! They really are gorgeous IRL and I think you should try them if you're still in the market. 8)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/3103359?origin=related-3103359-0-0-1

HI:

This style is sexy/gorgeous/practical/excellent. My colleague wore this type of boot to work and I thought "yes!". Very flattering.

cheers--Sharon

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey! Thanks Starsparkle! Those boots look great! The funniest thing happened to me in my boot search --- I found some in my own house. I had a vague memory of owning some JCrew knee high riding boots YEARS ago (10+) ... well, it turns out they were in DH's closet at the bottom of a bag full of shoes that didn't fit right anymore & were awaiting donation or, if they are really wonky, trashing. So, not much hope right? But it turned out they KINDA still fit. One foot portion is def too tight but I'm thinking since that part is real leather, maybe I could get it stretched. The tops of these are some kind of stretchy "leather -like" substance ... but look really nice actually. I wore them to Thanksgiving dinner ... a biz lunch ... and DH's office holiday party. With my snazzy new sweater dress! Also tried the thick black leggings/long white tunic/long grey sweater thing around the house & liked that too.

Now I can get something DIFFERENT for Xmas ... LOL!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Ankle length boots with tights are a very sexy look, IMO! No problems dealing with your calf size. Just dropping by with my .02 :))

FreckleFace

Rough_Rock
So to answer your question - I LOVE frye boots and wish I could own more of them (they are soo pricey tho they last so long - I daresay they are worth it!). This is a lassic style that would great with long skirts or narrow jeans tucked in (boot cut jeans over top too).

SO now to ask you a question----I saw your thread re: Barn to spare - I am in the same predicament and was hoping you could let me know where that spot is that you ended up with (LOVE that it has a fire pit).
TY
TY
TY
TY!!!!
FreckleFace

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Freckleface!
Here's the barn venue we chose:
http://www.applebarnfarm.com/AppleBarnFarm/About.html
But YIKES it looks like their price has gone up a bit since our wedding 4+ yrs ago.
Good luck w/ the search! Lemmie know if you have any other questions about the venue or vendors ...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results