shape
carat
color
clarity

Any other handbag and/or shoe addicts?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
So, obviously many of us are addicted to jewelry, but how about bags and/or shoes? I actually prefer to splurge on bags and shoes vs. jewelry - anyone else? What are your favorite designers? I have a growing collection of Christian Louboutin and I recently added my first pair of YSL Tribute Sandals. For bags, my go-to brand is Chanel. Please share your shoe/bag obsessions:)

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
You're not alone! :wavey:
I have a bit of a shoe collection. But I just add a few bags to balance things out.
I think the bulk of my collection is Jimmy Choo, Fendi, Lanvin, and Tod's.
I love jewelry, but I don't wear a lot.
I'm currently stuck in a surgical boot for a few more weeks and I desperately miss wearing my shoes! I think I'll get a pair of Valentino studded gladiators to celebrate once my feet are free!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Harpertoo|1362578622|3397855 said:
You're not alone! :wavey:
I have a bit of a shoe collection. But I just add a few bags to balance things out.
I think the bulk of my collection is Jimmy Choo, Fendi, Lanvin, and Tod's.
I love jewelry, but I don't wear a lot.
I'm currently stuck in a surgical boot for a few more weeks and I desperately miss wearing my shoes! I think I'll get a pair of Valentino studded gladiators to celebrate once my feet are free!

The Valentino studs are a great choice - I'd love a pair myself:) The bulk of my collection is CL, but I also have a pair of Chanel and quite a few pairs of Pradas too. My most recent purchase was two pairs of Prada Scrunch Driving loafers (one in beige suede with gold logo and one in cracked silver leather with silver logo). I needed to replace my other casual Prada flats because they were getting pretty beat up.

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
I'm not a shoe person at all, in fact I'd live in cute flip-flops if I could.
But I have a serious handbag obsession. I am obsessed with vintage Louis Vuitton and am determined to own one of their trunks before I'm dead. I have two pieces of luggage and never use them - but they have a place of honor in my closet and just seeing them makes me happy. :D

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I never used to have a shoe obsession - then I got my first pair of CLs and I was hooked.
Just over a month ago, I pre-ordered an Alexander Wang bag (the "Latte" colored Rockie with rose gold hardware). It was so out-of-character for me because I typically only buy Chanel. I'm obsessed with rose gold, so I think that had something to do with it:)

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
I have a definite shoe and bag addiction. I think I've got just over 100 pairs now of Louboutin, Chanel, Prada, Valentino, Miu Miu, Charlotte Olympia, YSL ... the list goes on and on. I like really elaborate shoes in fun colours and designs, and I hate wearing designer inspired copies, so that's why I buy the originals. Ditto for handbags and clutches!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I love wallets and got new ones last year for xmas and birthday - LV wallet and coin wallet. I had about 5 non branded wallets at one point. I was and still lazy, so i didnt change them that often. With this set of LV combination....they are the forever wallets...I now have moved my previous wallet to travelling wallet status. Though i could use a new travelling wallet heheheheheheheh.

Shoes - yes..well sorta...

At one point, i loved sneakers and i have had a ton of them.. Now i only have like 3 pairs.
Work shoes- 3 black pairs, and if i could have more,i would. BUt the bling projects take priority!!!!!
Dress shoes- 2 pairs, though DH has acquired one of them so only 1 pair.
flip flops/ sandals- 4 pairs
boots- 1 pair.

So, while i have a few of the above, new purchases are hard to come by at the moment. Well, i dont go shopping for them.. Saving money for the bling projects. hehehehehe

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
ZahraLeyla|1362785722|3400192 said:
I have a definite shoe and bag addiction. I think I've got just over 100 pairs now of Louboutin, Chanel, Prada, Valentino, Miu Miu, Charlotte Olympia, YSL ... the list goes on and on. I like really elaborate shoes in fun colours and designs, and I hate wearing designer inspired copies, so that's why I buy the originals. Ditto for handbags and clutches!

That sounds like quite a collection:) In total, I probably have about 20 pairs of high-end designers (mostly CL, some Prada, Chanel, YSL...). I prefer more classic styles. Thanks for sharing, zahra!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Karla123|1365060868|3419974 said:
Generally women take a hand bad for its personal requirement and they take always when they go outside home.

I'm not sure what this means? Was this comment meant for this thread?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I added a new handbag and a new pair of CL shoes to my collection recently. I'm going to return the handbag because for the price, it didn't light my world on fire. The shoes should be here by the end of the week :)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I decided to get a Valentino to replace the bag I returned. I got a black "Rock Stud" Tote and I'm in love :)

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!
I was eyeing the V sandals for spring/summer, but my spouse sent me down the road of Prada with a yellow/cream bag & wallet.
I added the studded flats last week for a little early spring brightness. We have snow.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I hate to be too match-matchy, but I'm debating whether or not I should get the black Rock Studs jelly flip flops too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am definitely a handbag person. I always have to get a matching wallet too. I like Fossil, Stone Mountain, Coach and Tumi.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, my name is Jen and I'm a frye boot addict.

metioreruret

Rough_Rock
momhappy|1362577470|3397834 said:
So, obviously many of us are addicted to jewelry, but how about bags and/or shoes? I actually prefer to splurge on bags and shoes vs. jewelry - anyone else? What are your favorite designers? I have a growing collection of Christian Louboutin and I recently added my first pair of YSL Tribute Sandals. For bags, my go-to brand is Chanel. Please share your shoe/bag obsessions:)

Till today I used to think that there might be only few of them who would madly splurge on shoes but now it really feels great after I read your post and for me its like passion for splurge on shoes whenever I'll go for a party then its a must that I'll definitely buy some clothes, dresses, jewelry etc(Sometimes) but shoes are compulsory for me to buy them. :) :cheeky:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
metioreruret|1384945748|3559765 said:
momhappy|1362577470|3397834 said:

Till today I used to think that there might be only few of them who would madly splurge on shoes but now it really feels great after I read your post and for me its like passion for splurge on shoes whenever I'll go for a party then its a must that I'll definitely buy some clothes, dresses, jewelry etc(Sometimes) but shoes are compulsory for me to buy them. :) :cheeky:

Getting ready for a party or event is the best! I love the research that goes into it - dress, shoes, clutch, jewelry.... :D

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I buy handbags, but mostly vintage Coach ones from Ebay. The good thing is that it takes them a long time to wear out. I just switched to a "new" old one after using another one constantly for about five years. I think I have a lifetime supply. Alas, I used to be a shoe addict but have not been able to wear anything but running shoes since 1993. I still have a museum of shoes in my attic.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been on a michael kors obsession this year. Boots, shoes, bags, clothes...

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
This thread is making me feel a little .... sad! :D
I would definitely be a shoe and bag addict if I lived in a major city with access to all the 'good stuff'.
I am deprived! :blackeye:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I don't live in a city with all of the good stuff either. I hunt it down - that's what makes it fun!
I got a new pair of Christian Louboutins for Christmas - that brings my total up to 13 pairs of CLs. I'm thinking about getting a book case with glass doors not just for storage, but also so that I can appreciate them =)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I did it! My hubby stopped at Ikea yesterday and brought me home the Billy Bookcase (I've read its the perfect size for storing shoes) with glass doors. I plan to set it up near my vanity/dressing area, so that I can admire my shoe/bag collections instead of having them stuffed away in boxes in my closet :D

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get the "Hautelook" app or the modenique app and you can shop for the good stuff without living near the store. I am lucky to have awesome shopping 5 min away!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1389370355|3590338 said:
I did it! My hubby stopped at Ikea yesterday and brought me home the Billy Bookcase (I've read its the perfect size for storing shoes) with glass doors. I plan to set it up near my vanity/dressing area, so that I can admire my shoe/bag collections instead of having them stuffed away in boxes in my closet :D

Ooh, momhappy, could you please post pics when you get it set up? I am very interested in this option. Thanks!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Yes, missy, absolutely! We've been crazy-busy, so my bookcase is still sitting in boxes. Hopefully, we can get to it this weekend!!!

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1389370355|3590338 said:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one!
We had a closet organizer put in cabinets with glass doors for my shoes. The designer sort of acted like I was nuts....in my defense it was my husband's idea.
You'll love it! It's so nice to have everything organized and visible!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy said:
^Yes, missy, absolutely! We've been crazy-busy, so my bookcase is still sitting in boxes. Hopefully, we can get to it this weekend!!!
Thank you momhappy! Whenever you have the time. I appreciate it!

ExpatBride

Rough_Rock
Yes! Just treated myself to a Louis Vuitton Alma PM and a pair of Christian Louboutin Neofilo pumps, and I'm already plotting my next splurge!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results