shape
carat
color
clarity

Anthropologie is evil...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never been there before...but walked out with this: link
Which I totally cannot afford (I really shouldn''t have bought it just because I''m on a tight budget) but I couldn''t resist being that it''s going to be my birthday dress...And dang it, it''s not shoes!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute dress!!! You deserve it; it's your birthday!!
emgift.gif
I love that place; I actually wandered in there during the holidays, since I noticed it when I was at Williams Sonoma. Then I called my sister and we did some damage there.
11.gif
31.gif
They have the cutest clothes!!! I like the housewares, bedding and gift goodies.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
My favorite Store!
Gorgeous Dress!

What color shoes?

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
You have me laughing hysterically. It is evil!!!

I can''t tell you how that store just STEALS from me!! I feel your pain.
35.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s really bad too is that I had just gone to M.A.C. and dropped $ on some eye shadow.
20.gif

But I couldn''t resist the dress. And then I stopped looking around--because I had already bought a dress and everything else was just too TEMPTING...like the perfumes...

Ok. I''m thinking maybe the shoes in my avatar? That color blue is my favorite, and I have about 5 pairs of shoes that match pretty much perfectly-but the Guess ones in my avatar, or these blue satin Steve Maddens are the exact same color, just different material.

Maybe I''ll post pics and you guys can help me decide?

Satin Steve Madden
DSCF5124cropped.jpg

Or Guess suede.

DSCF5362.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, and I have a ton of silver shoes too...about 11 pairs, so I could do that too. Or black. Or even gold & multi colored ones. Or something that totally contrasts...Anyone have any ideas?

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I feel your pain. They opened their first B&M store in my state really close to me and it has been a curse ever since. The clothes are my favorite online, but I can resist. But going into the store and touching those uber soft fabrics and trying them on when they are so well cut is just so dangereous.

Freake, just remember that dress is very rewearable. As for shoes, I like the idea of metalics like gold or silver with it, but the blues are lovely too.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
cute dress. I would wear pewter/silver or a shoe in the same color blue but with some kind of adornment like crystals.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
VegasAngel''s comment reminded me that I have the shoes below...They are kind of hard to photograph when they aren''t on the foot, but my camera is broken and the new one will be in in about 3 weeks...

So I can''t take pics of the dress with any shoes or the shoes below actually on my feet. Big dilemma. I have another pair of platforms that are pewter but more on the casual side than what I was going for...

Anyway, what do you guys think of these?

DSCF5459.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The dress is very cute! Shoes....I don''t know. Can you try them on with the dress and post pics?
11.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I loooove Anthropologie. There is one across the street from me (the original one, I guess... since it started here in Philly!) in a gorgeous old 3-story mansion, and I love wandering through just to browse, even when I can''t afford to buy. Although the basement level is always filled with tempting sales...
30.gif

Love the blue dress!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 10:09:53 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
The dress is very cute! Shoes....I don''t know. Can you try them on with the dress and post pics?
11.gif
I can''t Tacori! My camera died, and I won''t get a new one until 3 days after when the dress will be used (April 19th, get the camera on April 22) So...I''m stuck...

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
From what I can see of the silver shoes I like them the chain on them is silver, right? I love shoes with flowers, crystal etc. ala Giuseppe Zanotti. Your dress doesnt have any lace or adornment so you can totally pull of the silver heels.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Freke, you should always check ebay for Anthropologie stuff. I got a dress which was, I believe originally $168, for about $60. The problem is, I CAN''T FIT IT!! I wanted to cry. The darnthing was too small and I couldn''t get the zipper up, but it was plenty of room in the boob area. $#@! I need to grow some boobs!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
You are going to laugh...I've been on this forum for four monthes now and I just discovered the "shopping" section today!

They may be evil, but do have the cutest summer-y dresses. BTW, I love the dress you posted. I ended up getting the Blue Angel dress: http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-177269284906414217&id=830039&parentid=APP_DRESS_SOLID&pushId=APP_DRESS_SOLID&popId=APP_DRESSES&sortProperties=%2BmarketingPriority%2C-saleDate&navCount=7&navAction=poppushpush&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=cbt

..for my Hawaii / birthday trip coming up.

E-bay is always a great place to check too.

And as for the shoes- I ended up deciding my dress looked best with my black patent "Bruges" Louboutins (only b/c they go w/ my LV black multi-color pouchette.) But, I am actually looking for some silver sandals to go with it as well...and then a silver purse of course would need to be purchased as well.
11.gif

I do think those silver shoes you posted would go nicely, especially since the fabric and lines of the dress are simple.- just my vote!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really have a ton of silver shoes. So I''m starting to seriously think about it, but because I can''t ask you ladies for your opinions for the combos because my stupid camera is dead I''ll probably have to rely on my best friend for her opinion.

VegasAngel-I actually got those shoes (they are totally silver with clear "jewels" and a whole bunch of rhinestones
31.gif
) last year from BF''s sister for my birthday and haven''t worn them. I''m thinking some chandelier earrings that best friend got me 2 years ago for my birthday, I attached a pic of me wearing them on said birthday (drunk).

Moon-I would gladly give you some of mine! The awesome thing about this dress is that it gives me full coverage minus some nice cleavage. It''s hard for me to find that. Next time, I''ll have to look on ebay.
9.gif

MissRocks- I love that dress! They didn''t have it at the local store (at least as far as I looked-I had to stop looking before I found more stuff I liked!)but if I''d seen that one first...
27.gif
I love blue in general, which is what initially attracted me to this dress. I''m really wishing that I had some black peeptoes to wear with it, I think those would be cute, but the dress has a very Grecian feel to it, so I think a sandal would probably be best. I totally agree that Anthro has the best summer-y dresses. I had to get out of there, before I started looking closer. By the way, I think it''s cute you haven''t noticed the shopping forum until now...

What do you guys think about the earrings? Think it''s too much? What about a necklace? Or other jewelry?

24th birthday pic cropped.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frekechild, you''re adorable! I love the dress...and I would love to see a funky bright shoe with it...I''ll post a couple from Nordie''s:

_5592450.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...really anything in a rich, bright color, sandal/peeptoe would be excellent, imo.

_5583104.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
They have great things, that is a pretty dress.

I love the blue shoes but not with it, I am not a matchy girl. I like silver the best, or black, but it should be strappy and not heavy. Chandeliers, a couple of bangles, a little silver clutch or black one depending on shoes, and you will be good to go. I could see a pretty black wrap with it or cardigan, if you stick with black accessories.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww thank you Monarch!!! I was super drunk in that picture. That''s really the last time that I was drunk to the point where parts of the night are fuzzy-but that could be from hitting my head as I fell down the stairs too (long long story). But dang it! I was happy!

I was also thinking something that contrasted. My problem is that I have a lot of silver and blue shoes, and not much else. And after the past 3 shoe purchases and this dress purchase, I don''t really have a budget to buy shoes. If I did, I think I''d go for yellow. Gosh, I wish I could post all the pics of my shoes, so you ladies could help me out. I have only one pair of yellow shoes, and they really aren''t that cute-basically a pair of flip flops with a 2 inch heel on them. I have my newest acquisition, BCBGirls Iggy in the copper and silver, and I wonder how they would look together...

DiamondFan- I''m also not a matchy matchy girl, so I''m totally with you there. I figured since the shoes match the dress perfectly, I might reconsider and go crazy with accessories, but I think the blue shoes are probably too much. I will probably wear some kind of jacket with it, because it''ll be at night and it doesn''t really get warm at night by late April-or maybe I''m just a wimp.

Anyone want to give shoe color suggestions? My closet is heavy in the silver, black, blue department, but I do have some purple and green...And miscellaneous other colors. And luckily, I took pics of most of my shoes before my camera died. So I can post pics. Yay!

Thank you all so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re hilarious, Frekechild (Liz? I think I got that from some thread in BWW)...re. being drunk in that picture...like we couldn''t tell, hee hee.
11.gif
9.gif
Gah, I was soooo you a few years ago!

I really like the idea of contrasting your shoe color with that dress. A gorgeous blue such as that deserves some accessory that just POPS against it, while complementing it. I was thinking before i posted either of those pics of a multi colored sandal that was featured in the spring Nordie''s catalog...I just went through my catalog stash and the shoe I was thinking of was on pg. 82, the Ramee birdcage peeptoe with ankle strap. I couldn''t for the life of me find it on the N''s website tonight...but I immediately saw it in my mind when I looked at the anthro dress you posted.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love black, silver, pewter or maybe fushia with it. Yellow could be cool too but I think the issue with some of these is the accessories. You can start to get too much going on. I think I would vote for pewter or silver, then black.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS...I could see the blue shoes, either pair, with white jeans, a yellow top and gold or silver accessories. For instance, I could see you with enamel bangles in white, maybe blue and yellow if they matched, and then I would pick a metal and stick with it. So if I did yellow gold, I would do chandeliers in yellow gold and a gold clutch. It think bright blue and also fuschia looks great with a spring green. So I would use the blue shoes not with blue but in another way. Pops of certain colors work well.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch- Yes I''m Liz. I''m sure I''ve posted that here and there on PS. Sadly (or not so sadly, really) that was the last time I got drunk in any real sense. I''ve had a couple of drinks here and there (usually on my bday) but nothing like that night. Lol. So were you thinking one of these? link They are super cute!

diamondfan- I really really dig the blue shoes/white pants/yellow shirt idea-and I have a buttery yellow tank, and white pants, so I could totally put that outfit together once I get some enamel bangles and lose about 15 pounds. Heh. I think that I''ll probably go ahead with the silver/pewter shoe and accessories just because I have a lot of that stuff, and not much in any other color.

I came across these: link and I think they''d be really cute with the dress (and I could wear them with a lot afterwards. Two problems: A) $89.00 and B) don''t come out until 5/27. So poo on that idea.

In other news, I just found out today that I''ll be receiving a very decent sum of $$$ in the fall for financial aid. I''m feeling much better financially now that I did before, so now I''m considering purchasing some shoes to go with the dress. What do you guys think?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like them. How much white is there? Looks more totally silver to me.

They are very cute.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like the very front strap that connects to the area right by the toes, and then curves around to the back and connects to the back by the heels. But I think the heel is white too. I can''t really tell though, and they don''t have any more images. Perhaps I''ll look into it further in a bit.

You like though? I have a silver/white snakeskin clutch that would go well with those...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. You could add in silver and white enamel accessories, and a white topper or jacket, or even a white cardigan with silver buttons. Very pretty color combo.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a better bunch of images. link

From what I can tell in those pics, the heels are silver, so the only white part are those straps in the front. Maybe I''ll go over to Dillards sometime tomorrow and see if they have them.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dillards.....where are you from?

Too bad about your camera. I like the earrings but would go with maybe just a bracelet. No necklace. I *personally* don''t like black with that color blue.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results