shape
carat
color
clarity

$50 Secret Santa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
So....my extended family decided to excange names this year for xmas. I picked a cousin of mine. I have no idea what to get her, i dont really know her.

And i decided what to ask you all what you would like. We always talk about the things we really want, which always seem to be well over $50 (see balenciaga post!!). So what is it you would like, or be happy with in the $50ish range?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Gift certificate. Always safe. Just pick a store that has TONS of stuff... like Bed Bath and Beyond. I love gift certificates! That way, I''m never disappointed.

*M*

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ITA re gift card or cert. we are doing secret santa this year for our extended family get together as well (on xmas eve) because now that the cousins are almost all married, it can get expensive buying $20-30 gifts for each of them, when in reality they probably don't even like 1/2 the stuff you find for them (i know i am so picky i end up just shelving much of what i get from these get togethers unless it's a gift card). i'd much rather get one gift for someone and spend $75 or whatever. it should be interesting!!!

in terms of what else to do under $50...well maybe a facial (if you know a spa around that does them for that cheap) or a mani/pedi at your favorite place (i love giving this or getting this one!!). if you know she has a fun hobby, you can see if there is a magazine that you can subscribe her to, or give her a gift cert to a hobby store that is related to what she likes (aka knitting or scrapbooking). does she work out? something related to gym, aka gift card to a gym gear place? or if she has an ipod, give a gift card to itunes for music, or give $30 for a gift card and get a $20 ipod pink case or something fun.

also i love these two sites for fun ideas that work for lots of different types of people. www.redenvelope.com and www.wishingfish.com ... i use these for at least 1/2 of my xmas gift shopping as so many of the gifts are very versatile or like 'upscale basics' (think beautiful silver engraved picture album or similar) and so many of the gifts are great for multiple people (that don't know each other of course!!). and also something on here may inspire you and make you think of something else you can do for her or get for her elsewhere.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2006 9:15:34 PM
Author:msflutter
So....my extended family decided to excange names this year for xmas. I picked a cousin of mine. I have no idea what to get her, i dont really know her.

And i decided what to ask you all what you would like. We always talk about the things we really want, which always seem to be well over $50 (see balenciaga post!!). So what is it you would like, or be happy with in the $50ish range?

If they are into music an itunes card to get music is great. the new ipod shuffle is more, but it is cute and fun.

Also, I love movies so gift certs to the movies are great, movies are expensive now.

American Express gift cards which can be used anywhere.

Gift cert to her favorite salon or spa, if you can get the information

Gift cert to a favorite restaurant or Starbucks, if she is one to run in and get a coffee frequently...

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
How old is she? I think the Starbuck''s card is a good idea. Most people can find something they like there. Target....I know I would use that one. The ones I get sometimes but never use:
Blockbuster and Best Buy. I just don''t go to Best Buy very often and if I do, I forget the card.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
uncommongoods.com has some really fun stuff too.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does she like wine? Perhaps you can get her a gift card to BevMo or something. And if she does like wine, maybe some really cool glasses? Wine just feels more luxurious when you drink out of a lovely glass.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
gift certificate to from a bookstore [independet bookstore would be ideal].

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results