shape
carat
color
clarity

Zales store in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
So Zales finally opened their stand-alone store on the corner of 37th St & Fifth Ave in Manhattan. It''s a decent-sized store but the quality''s not so decent from what i saw
rolleyes.gif
Silly me thought that possibly they would have finer merchandise at this location
14.gif
there was no one else in the store during lunchtime except me... wonder how long that store''ll last...?

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
You'd be surprised... so many people choose the chain store because they feel safer. Ugh
14.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great. So more people have access to lowquality overpriced costume jewelery.

bearman49

Rough_Rock
Not just price points, don't forget the inflated retails so they can have the big discounts.

If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't.

the bearman

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I've been to outlet malls in my area and also at Myrtle Beach, SC and noticed both places had a Zales Outlet Store. Up to 70% off retail they advertise. I'm curious, since most outlet stores carry merchandise that is second quality or overstock what kind of quality could be expected? If they can offer 70% off then how much markup is in place to begin with. Must be incredible!! I'm planning a weekend trip to Myrtle Beach this weekend and my curiosity will just have to send me in there to check it out.

Nihiladrem

Rough_Rock
I must say I was compltetly turned off from Zales after one visit. Inside of thirty minutes I was told that VVS1 and SI1 are esentially the same and the same about F and I color. Okay so to the average person thats not really wrong. But, then on top of that they told me that flourecence was a type of color correction that was injected into diamonds(and of course none of their diamonds had it).

Anyway thank you to all the people on this site who have turned me into a more informed consumer. Three weeks ago I might have believed all the above. Instead my gf will be getting a much higher quality E-ring as she deserves.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I must say that I went to a Zales Outlet in Hanover, Md and saw a 3/4 white gold solitaire engagement ring with a matching plan white gold wedding band and it was an AGS000 H/VS1 and was very pretty; however, it was selling for $7200 and the sales person said that he could give it to us for 35% off or $4700.00. The thing is that you could easily get the same thing online for almost half the price!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results