shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Opinion on Square Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ria baby

Rough_Rock
What does everyone think is the best looking cut for a square shaped stone? Which sparkles more?

Princess
Radiant
Cushion
Jubilee
Square Hearts & Arrows.....

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The very very best is an S.E. also called an asscher.
But then again everyone tells me im strange so who knows where the bell tolls and for whom :}

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
It really is variable. The Princess and Radiant (I think) tend to have smaller sparklies, like crushed ice. Some cushions, like the antique ones, have bigger facets and therefore chunkier sparkle. I have a square H&A which has a ton of colored scintillation. They''re all pretty!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
are you looking for a square stone for yourself? if so, you would need to see all of them and decide what you like best. they each have their own merits, and i''m sure you will hear from several owners praising the benefits of each, but they are all different and only you can decide what would suit you best. good luck!!
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2005 6:37:59 PM
Author: belle
are you looking for a square stone for yourself? if so, you would need to see all of them and decide what you like best. they each have their own merits, and i''m sure you will hear from several owners praising the benefits of each, but they are all different and only you can decide what would suit you best. good luck!!
1.gif
I think belle hit the nail on the head--each of these cuts has its own distinct look and while all are beautiful, the only way to be sure what you like is to see examples of each, preferably well cut. You may want to do some research here on the 2 or 3 shapes you like best and read up on the cut advice. Fancies are harder to gauge by numbers but knowing these parameters is a good baseline.
1.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there:

just to add that I have jubilee stud earrings and also a RB pair. The jubilee sparkles like crazy and im very very happy with them. They also remind me of RB. I have a pair of princess studs and they sparkle too, but I prefer the jubilee over them. Jen is right, each style is different and it is what appeals to you!

Best luck,

Lori-yellowfan

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
I would think a radiant or cushion cut would give the most sparkle. Princesses are sparkly too.
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results