color
clarity

Your feelings on going from solitaire to halo

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
McGinnis|1439519532|3914342 said:

Holy crap! That finger coverage... :naughty:

Dont know if its the picture but your stones seems so much bright around the edges after the remount!
Either was you're one lucky lady[/quote]

Aw thanks McGinnis! I'm so glad to read your comment, because one of the reasons I reset was to improve the edge-to edge brightness of my diamond so I'm happy that you notice the difference!

McGinnis

Shiny_Rock
Premium
mns12|1439472715|3914056 said:
Maybe post a hand shot of your current ring? Is it a plain shank solitaire? Maybe that particular solitaire setting isn't doing it for you?
You could also consider a solitaire with pave on the band for added sparkle, or split shank, if you are hesitant on the halo??

Here's the handshot. Obviously in need of some more finger coverage :)
6.8mm on a size 7.5

img_03075.jpg

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
McGinnis|1439414979|3913853 said:
Aaaand this is why I started this thread. Your stone looks so darn good by itself. You can see all the symmetry and blocks of light. I can see what you meant by the crushed ice look with the halo. Im guessing the halo really makes a stone brighter/whiter? by adding additional spectrums of light coming in from the smaller stones which in this case didn't help your stone. Your diamond is a beauty.

It definitely shined super white and bling bling in the halo. But I love the depth of the solitaire. How it seems to pull in the light. In soft lighting my solitaire blings like no tomorrow. The facets look absolutely stunning. I didn't get that look when it was in the halo. It was almost as if the setting was pushing all the light back out, if that makes sense. I think it would be different for you though because you have a round. They're not designed to reflect light in the same way as a cushion. My jeweler actually old me that rounds are designed to reflect light outwards while cushions are designed to pull light inwards. That's why they shine best in soft lighting.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I have had a couple of different halo's and in the end, it was not for me. I like the simplicity of a solitaire, I am a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl so my cushion halo looked over the top for me and the small town I live in. I honestly think that most halo's look like a flying saucer or just too much halo for the diamond. I do love a delicate halo done by some of the more pricey designers that we see on here as well as some of the art deco halo's I have seen on here.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you have to worry about the effect on your diamond if it is well cut. I used to think that halos were not for me but now, I don't think that I will ever go back to a solitaire. I love the look of a solitaire on others but on my finger, it always seems like it's lacking something and all of the stacking in the world doesn't make it feel complete. A halo means all kinds of attention!When I wear my halo, I feel stylish, romantic, and like I have a massive rock on my finger. I will never go back to a solitaire, but that's a conclusion I have come to after a lot of trial and error. I just think Halos are so pretty. They just bling all the time. if you are worried about losing the identity of your diamond, I'd recommend that you don't set the stone in a bezel or flush with the halo. Although not popular or common, my stone sits above the halo a little higher than the average halo here on PS, but this makes my stone stand out.

millniece_pinto

Rough_Rock
When a jeweler transforms your solitaire into a halo, they will generally select diamonds that of similar color and clarity grade, so you won't be compromising on sparkle for sure. From what I've seen so far, I think that french prong setting is the best one for a halo ring.

McGinnis

Shiny_Rock
Premium
millniece_pinto|1441002683|3921473 said:
When a jeweler transforms your solitaire into a halo, they will generally select diamonds that of similar color and clarity grade, so you won't be compromising on sparkle for sure. From what I've seen so far, I think that french prong setting is the best one for a halo ring.

forgive my ignorance but what is a french prong setting? :(sad

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results