shape
carat
color
clarity

Your experiences with pave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emme313

Rough_Rock
I am considering a pave setting for my engagement ring. I love many of the rings that you girls have shown here! But, when telling friends that I am considering pave, I have been told, that it''s not comortable, that I will worry about losing a stone, that a ring set wouldn''t sit together well, etc. The set that I am looking at having made is 3mm pave with pave halfway, and a matching 3 mm pave band? Has anyone not loved their pave after wearing it for awhile!!

Thanks for any help!
8.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
These rings can feel a little sharp to the touch when new, but the metal rounds off in a few weeks time when they are worn and becomes pretty smooth and comfortable. Small diamonds set this way are pretty secure for a long time if they are initially fitted and set right. Its hard to tell if they are set right, however, from a casual viewing.

If the diamonds are not well set, if the metal is not "good metal", if the rings are re-sized or worn harshly anything might happen. Diamonds can fall out of any style of setting work, pave'' or otherwise. If you purchase a well made product and have it sized properly, then I would not get too concerned about anything you mentioned.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased a tacori 3-sided pave setting. At first, like only the first day, I thought it would be uncomfortable, now I can hardly feel it at all.

I have had no damage or trouble with my stones (even those which touch each other). Today I took a loupe just to see if there was any damage I couldn''t see with the naked eye - and none yet.

I''m very happy w/my setting.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have a three sided micro pave setting from Hearts on Fire for my three stone ring. The pave goes about 3/4 of the way around the band. It is completely comfortable and I can''t even feel the diamonds or the metal. I have had no problems with the setting either. I would just make sure to choose a quality setting from a good vendor.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!
I have an old pave' ring that I bought in 1972 (2.25 carat hexagon-shaped step-cut sapphire with pave diamonds all over the rest of the ring, circa late 1920's) and it's not uncomfortable at all. You just have to be very careful not to bang it against anything. Don't do anything rough while you're wearing it.

tareyton

Rough_Rock
I am a guy and heard the same crap when asking other girls advice about what to get my GF. Now that I look back the only people that claimed they were uncomfortable were people that didn''t have one. I say trust these ladies and go for it.

emme313

Rough_Rock
Thanks!!
Yes! Exactly, most of the people who were giving me advice do not own a pave ring! My one friend who does, loves it and has''nt had any problems.
Emme

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results