shape
carat
color
clarity

You think theres any halos out there that would go with this wb???

false
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Helllo All!

I want to say thanks to you guys for all the advice you''ve given me thus far. I''ve been through a lot of ideas with my rings and i''ve come to the conclusion that nothing is WRONG with them. I don''t dislike them. But I made the mistake of picking the engagment ring that suited our budget instead of the one I really wanted and waiting for a while. I then continued to do the wrong thing by picking the wedding band that matched my ering instead of one that I really liked on it''s own. I guess I never really thought about changing them because I was afraid of hurting my husbands feelings but when we found out that my original diamond was about ready to fall apart and he was really receptive to an upgrade all sorts of things came pouring into my mind. So I love the stone that I have now. It really does feel more precious to me than my original ering setting & stone.

I really love halo''s. I know they are kind of the "fad" thing and have been for a while but i''m crazy about them. Everytime I see one I think to myself God! I wish I would of picked a halo setting for my ering! So I came up with a couple different ideas and posted them on here and got a lot of good feedback and heres what i''ve come up with. I would really love to change the setting of my ering to a halo. It has been suggested to me to maybe do a halo RHR or something of the sort but I don''t see myself buying another diamond and it''s just really something that I kind of have my heart set on. HOWEVER. I have a very modern looking wedding band. I wasn''t sure there were any halo''s that would look right with my wedding band. It was suggested to me to maybe wear my ering on my right hand or possibly move my wedding band to my right hand. I would like to be able to keep wearing my ering with my wedding band and niether my husband or I like the idea of not wearing the wedding band that I have. He''s been really awesome about changing everything else I like so I don''t mind indulging him in this. I honestly like the idea of being able to keep wearing the ring we made our vows with.

So after all of that it leaves me wondering if maybe there are more modern style halo settings out there that MIGHT just go with my wedding band? I saw the thread a little while back with more metal halo''s and it''s what gave me the idea. I don''t like a bezel like setting. I tend to like the halo''s where the diamond can sit up more. My stone is pretty small, a round brilliant .83ct. My husband even thought of maybe having to have something custom made where it was a halo just without the antique style trends such as milligraining and engraving, and including baugettes to tie in the round and baugette theme of my wedding band.

So without further ado, diamond experts, in your opinions do you think there could ever be a halo setting to go with my wedding band?
120594658.jpg

Sorry about the blur.....i''ll post another one too
180723004.jpg

Thank You All!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about something like this one? It incorporates rounds and baguettes to go with your w-ring but doesn't have a bunch of antique-y looking milgraining? (Not sure how it would sit with your w-ring though.)

23444A.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2006 2:39:24 PM
Author:devientdrow
in your opinions do you think there could ever be a halo setting to go with my wedding band?

*ducking for cover* Idon''treallythinksosorry.

In fact, I fear you''re falling into the same trap that led you to something you''re not *THRILLED* with now ...

If you are going to do *something* ... make sure it''s EXACTLY what you want. I think the band is very pretty by itself though ... are you dead-set against wearing that solo or stacked with other anniversary type bands eventually & wearing a pretty e-ring halo on your right hand??

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here''s one with a round halo.

23447A.JPG

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
DeeJay - I really like that setting, may I enquire where you found it at? It''s really very pretty. I''m not super crazy about having a super flush fit with my ering & wedding band. I''ve seen a few people with halo''s on here that did a regular band instead of a curved and it doesn''t sit very flush but it still didn''t look bad. I would love to maybe find somewhere that carries something similar to that ring and see how it matches up. *fires up the printer*

Deco - Aww you don''t have to duck for cover! I wanted all opinions. Thats why I posted this. If I thought I could DEFINATLY find something then I wouldn''t of asked! At this juncture I definatly feel like it could be eithier way. I also see what your saying about making sure I don''t repeat the same mistake. Like I said it''s not that I dislike my engagement ring at all, I was just younger and stupid about it. My set is not very much ''my style''. Both my husband and I kind of feel like we botched the whole ering/proposal thing. In fact I had Pscope up one day and was reading one particualr thread and my husband said to me "I wish I would of just picked something out myself and gotten something like that for you." And that''s without me even saying anything about it! But it was my fault as well. I think I would really be happy in the long run with a halo setting. But if I can''t find one to go with my wedding ring then I will probably just keep the setting as is. I''ve thought about wearing the band on the right hand. It''s what one jeweler suggested to me. He had a halo setting that was quite substantial and he thought would look very pretty on it''s own and he even suggested maybe pairing my wedding band on my right hand with two smaller stack bands....BUT....i''m not sure how crazy I am about that. It''s something to keep in mind, but at this point i''d probably be more inclined to just keep my set and keep drooling at other peoples halos!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Deejay I love that round one too! part of me thinks my band might have a better chance of fitting with the square halo. It would have gaps between my band and spots on the ring but not as bad as the curve of the round....I think.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya know ... the square-ish one DeeJay posted looks like it has potential! I think Carl Blackman (Blackburn?) makes styles similar to that too if that one is out of the price range.

The part that makes me think it will be *difficult* to pair a halo is the "bar" feature of your wedding band - not the alternating round/bags. Make the w-band more interesting and "busier" at the same time, ya know?

*stretching now that I can stand from ducking*
3.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha :) Yea Deco I see the same thing you do with my wedding band. That the baugette/diamond thing isn''t as much a problem as the bar set. I''m hoping I can maybe find somewhere in my area that sells maybe some of these designers or something similar so that I can try it on together.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d make your wedding band into a rhr, that way you can always were it and have the sentimental value that goes along with it and pick whatever you want for your e-ring. if you want the matching wedding band, go for it, you''ll still have and wear the original.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
mrssalvo - I had thought of that too. A lot of the halo settings I originally saw out there were white gold and my wb is plat. I know not to mix the two even if I had found something that would match. I think I was just trying to see if mebbe there was anything that would go with it. I think most people that choose halo''s do go for the really antiquey look but i''ve come to realize that there are some more modern looking halo''s out there.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Helllo All!

I then continued to do the wrong thing by picking the wedding band that matched my ering instead of one that I really liked on it''s own.

here''s what you said above that leads me to believe you didn''t or don''t really lOVE your wedding band. If you do, then by all means try and find something to match. If not, move it to the right hand and start over and find a set you really love
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The settings came from www.bijanfere.com. Take a look at see if any of the other ones appeal to you.

The setting that I was considering for my own ring (except they don''t make it in a size that would fit my stone
39.gif
) is from this designer. The pricing that I got from three different vendors was pretty consistent. $1,500 for the white gold version and $2,400 for the platinum version. So, in the whole grand scheme of things, not TOOOOO much. I''m sure the pricing varies with each setting but at least this is an idea.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2006 3:39:43 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Helllo All!

I then continued to do the wrong thing by picking the wedding band that matched my ering instead of one that I really liked on it''s own.

here''s what you said above that leads me to believe you didn''t or don''t really lOVE your wedding band. If you do, then by all means try and find something to match. If not, move it to the right hand and start over and find a set you really love
2.gif
It''s true the style of my wedding band i''m not crazed over. If I had it all to do over again I probably would of went with some halo ering setting and a very small wb, eithier plain or with very small diamonds. Something that just accented the halo setting. I was unhappy with some aspects of my wb the day after we got married and I noticed that the stones that looked nice and white in the store were slightly yellow looking to me. By the time I found the info on the quality of the wb and considering what we paid for it I was enraged. I even wrote their customer service and all of that. HOWEVER I don''t dislike my wedding band, or think it''s ugly or anything. And I really do look on it with a fondness that makes it very special to me considering this is the ring that my husband said his vows to me with. I''m not in love with the style of the ring but I am in love with the ring itself.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2006 3:24:17 PM
I''d make your wedding band into a rhr, that way you can always were it and have the sentimental value that goes along with it and pick whatever you want for your e-ring. if you want the matching wedding band, go for it, you''ll still have and wear the original.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2006 4:16:01 PM
Author: decodelighted

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Yes I know I know were I not being difficult this would be the answer :) I just honestly wanted to see if I could have my cake and eat it too!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2006 4:59:16 PM
Author: devientdrow

Date: 9/19/2006 4:16:01 PM
Author: decodelighted

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Yes I know I know were I not being difficult this would be the answer :) I just honestly wanted to see if I could have my cake and eat it too!
You can! Just use both hands!
emwink.gif
emteeth.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
OK, first the disclaimer: I''ve not done what I''m about to suggest, so I have no idea it if makes economic sense.

Having said that........a way that you could "keep" your wedding band without keeping it is to have it melted down and remade into a thin band without the diamonds. Save the diamonds and have them put into a pendant down the line.

In this way, your wedding band is still "your band"....the one you married with....it''s just reshaped to a version that fits the halo.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I have a weird situation. My wedding band is 18k yellow gold with small diamonds and my engagement ring is platinum and the halo part of it is rose gold. (it''s a long story as to why they''re completely different) I wear my gold wedding band on my left hand a lot during the week especially if I''m more active. The halo e-ring I wear on the weekends if I go out or even during the week as long as I''m not going to be banging my hand around. I considered wearing my wedding band on my right hand and the e-ring on the left, but just feel weird doing this. Plus, I have right hand rings I like to wear on my right hand and so don''t really like wearing my wedding band on that hand. Actually, my sister has the same situation-she wears her e-ring and her wedding band on her left hand but at different times. I also think my halo e-ring can stand alone-it doesn''t need to be worn with a wedding band. My point is that you could have your diamond reset into a halo and wear it sometimes and wear your wedding band at other times if you can''t find a halo that works with your existing ring. Maybe this sounds like a starnge idea, but it does work for me.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Aldjewey - I don''t think that''s in my future but damn you get lots of point for creativity! I will still check into it because well it never hurts to check and I am not beyond modifying my original wedding band. Thanks for such a creative idea!

Cind11 - How you wear your rings aren''t that wierd to me eithier! I also have a lot of RHR''s, 3 of which are all sized for my ring finger and look best that way too. I would hate to never wear them because I had my band on that hand. I also don''t wear my ering unless i''m going somewhere. So when i''m at home or even running errands I usually just have the band on. Are there any pics of your set?

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
So I talked to my hubby about some of the things from here tonight and I think he thinks we may be able to get something done but we''d have to do it custom. The pics Dee Jay put up are really right along the line if what I would be looking for but I think Deco is right in the sense that it would be hard to get the ering style to match the bar set of my alternating round and baugette diamond wedding band. So heres a rough idea we came up with, and you all get to enjoy my terrible paint skills here:
Ok here it is...i''m a real artist huh? Anyway it would be a square shape halo since I don''t know about doing a round with my band, with the very small round diamonds in the halo part. Right after the halo on the side could be a plat "bar" to match the bars in my wedding band, then baugettes, bar, a small round, another bar and then smooth for the back. The same would be on the other side. I was thinking the bottom of the halo could rest on my wedding band and there would just be some gaps between that and the wedding band. My hubby thought maybe the halo could be built up a little so that my wedding band would essentually fit UNDER the bottom part of the halo. This I wasn''t sure of, I think if it was too high I''d be worried about banging it around.
188852302.jpg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I think the thread under "show me the ring" that shows my e-ring was called "my diamond halo upgrade from Maytal". I should post my wedding band one of these days too. It was made by a jeweler/artist from Santa Fe. I love the 18k yellow gold of that band, it's so warm and rich looking. I love my platinum e-ring too. Actually, it's worked out well because I have some jewelry with yellow and some with white metals. Sometimes the wedding band looks better and sometimes it looks better to wear the e-ring depending on the rest of the jewelry I have on.

I also think that a halo could be made in such a way that your wedding band could slide underneath it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
devient,

you might want to go and try on some halo''s if you haven''t already and see how you like the style with your wedding band. I do like the drawing you did and something like that might be a real possibility. you will want to check the height thing though. most of the bands that slide underneath halo''s are pretty thin and low. your ring looks quite substanial and that might make that halo really tall and high. I honeslty don''t think it will work but obviously a jeweler would be able to tell you. it''s going to be fun seeing how you make this all work and what the final outcome is.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock

Cind11 - I found your ring! It''s gorgeous! I love rose gold. Do you have any pics on any threads in here with your ering and your wedding band?

Mrssalvo - Thanks for the advice! I think I will be going out there and trying to try some things on. My band doesn''t seem that big to me, each diamond is .10ct''s, however I know these type of things are hard to just "eyeball" and like you said I don''t want something that sits super tall and high :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 12:54:57 PM
Author: devientdrow

Mrssalvo - Thanks for the advice! I think I will be going out there and trying to try some things on. My band doesn''t seem that big to me, each diamond is .10ct''s, however I know these type of things are hard to just ''eyeball'' and like you said I don''t want something that sits super tall and high :)

well, look at it this way, the Ritani band that sits up under the halo has approx. .01''s for a total weight of .27 for the whole band. each stone is approx. 1.3mm wide

your .10 stone is approx. 3mm wide, a little more than double the width of the stones in the ritani.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Devient,

No, I don''t have any pics of my wedding band posted anywhere. I really should get around to doing that.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Am I imagining it or did you post right after the wedding saying you didn''t really like the band ... that the stones had a yellow cast & you weren''t so pleased??

If that is AT ALL the case, I would URGE you not to do a customed designed halo to "go with" a ring you don''t 100% ADORE.

I think your design is clever & if you DID absolutely ADORE the w-band, there''s a chance you might like how the final product would turn out. I just don''t sense that that''s actually the case here.

A re-set is a lot of time & $$ and trouble. It''s something that you''d really better get right & be satisfied for a long time to come, ya know what I mean??

I''m gonna pull out the old "Don''t throw good money after bad." i.e. ... Don''t invest FURTHER in something you kinda wish you hadn''t gotten to begin with.

I apologize in advance if I''m reading the situation wrongly or being too "tough love" about my approach.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results