shape
carat
color
clarity

YOU make the call on these Asschers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goscottgo

Rough_Rock
It has come down to the final two! But I am on the fence about which one I want to go with. Here they are:

Asscher #1
GIA
F
VVS2
71.6% Depth
66% Table
Medium to Slightly Thick Girdle
Slightly Large Cutlet
Excellent Polish
Very Good Symetry
No Fluorescence
Price: $5600

Asscher #2
GIA
D
VS1
63.8% Depth
65% Table
Slightly Thick to Slightly Large Girdle
Slightly Large Cutlet
Excellent Polish
Very Good Symetry
No Fluorescence
$6700

#2 is out of my budget but looks considerably larger than the #1. What do you think?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
In the case of an Asscher, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Is there any chance of posting photos from the vendor(s)? It would be great if they happened to have IdealScope photos as well.

goscottgo

Rough_Rock
Is there any chance of posting photos from the vendor(s)? It would be great if they happened to have IdealScope photos as well.

That, unfortunatly, I don't have. It is a local vendor. He did offer me the chance to look at the diamonds under a scope, but I would have no idea what I am looking for.

goscottgo

Rough_Rock
The one thing I am concerned about is the depth on Asscher #2 (63.8%). Isn't that a bit shallow for an Asscher?

temcleod

Rough_Rock
In my opinion go for #1 (much better depth-table % which will make for a better sparkle). Look at the actual measurements of the two stones (the carat weight is similar so I'm guessing that the more shallow #2 is looking to have a larger area) and see just how much of a difference there is. A few tenths of a mm won't make a huge difference.

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
To be honest, I think they are both a bit much for the size. Unless you have a very sensitive eye for color or clarity, I would sacrifice down to like a G-H color and VS1-2 clarity. Try the selection at whitefire.com

I got an 1.05 carat H, VS2 there for $3700, and it's eye clean and looks white.
Corey

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results