shape
carat
color
clarity

Yet another post by me sorry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Audi_Fanatic

Rough_Rock
Sorry so many posts...carrot size...is ther emuch diff b/w a .92 and say 1.05 i been seeing a large diff in price b/w just under a carrot and just over a carrot...is it worth the extra money for that lil diff amount in size?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Besides weight, the depth of the cut determines size quite a bit. Also, how steep this step in price is depends on the seller too... It is far easier to compare stones and see what it is all about. I guess you would have to find a very bad cut to make a 1 ct look like a 0.8, but smaller differences in weight start competing with cut to determine size.

PS: I knwo I have posted quite a few replies to your posts by now, but, really, I don't try to sell anything. Enough for now, I guess. Hope I could help.

TooMuchInformation

Rough_Rock
Yeah, the "size" of the stone really depends on factors other than the carat weight, that being some of the cut dimensions. Regardless, afaik you will pay a premium for a "carat" as opposed to a undersized stone like a 95 - 99 point'er.

I've personally decided to go with a 0.98ct stone instead of something 1.00ct and above, because I'm a firm beliver that paying the premium to say that it's a "real carat" isn't that important. Same thing with something like an FL clarity diamond, I think they're extreemly neat, but I wouldn't want to pay the premium that goes with the tag just so that I can say the stone is "FL". That being said I also went with a VS2 and nothing SI just to be sure (because from what I've seen, SI can be a little risky in the bigger stones, especially one that won't end up having claws in the setting).

If you have specific stones in mind, I'm sure there will be plenty of people that will offer much better advice than I can.
1.gif
Sorry for the rant, this stuff is fun to talk about.
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I have a .766 carat H&A that has the diameter and appearance of most Maul store 1 carat diamonds. A well cut diamond slightly under 1 carat will give you the look without paying the premium hit of the 1+ carat mark.

SI1 is perfectly fine to consider in the 1 carat size. If we were talking a 2+ carat diamond, maybe not. Some of the pros have posted that inclusions in VS2 rated diamonds can be seen thru the sides. The key to inclusions is type, size, color, and location. Focus on inclusions that can be seen from the top as when the diamond is mounted. No one carries a 10x loupe to view other people's rings so why pay a premium for something that won't show?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results