shape
carat
color
clarity

Yehuda Diamonds???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
As I was surfing (like I do most days), I came across the Yehuda diamonds. Is it really possible that they can process a diamond that is an SI2 or worse and be made "clearer"? Some of these diamonds are horribly included. Does anyone have a before and after pic of a diamond that''s undergone this Yehuda process. Just curious...
confused.gif

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
No direct knowledge of the process, but your link raised a big question on EGL certs
confused.gif

The x15 image showed major inclusions and they are calling it SI3

The EGL cert for the same diamond showed a plot without inclusions? Does EGL have different criteria for plotting inclusions? My SI1 AGS plot looked horrible but looked clean in it's x10 image

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ivy,

Yehuda treatment can sometimes make really bad looking stones into fairly decent looking stones although it doesn’t seem to have worked on the example you chose. It's a clever system that doesn't get much respect around here because the final product is no longer 100% diamond. There have been quite a few scandals involving crooks selling Yehuda and other treated stones as natural and it has given a bad image to an otherwise good company.

They aren’t really selling directly. If someone were to order this stone, they would be referred to a Yehuda dealer in the customers area. The price is negotiable by the way.

I think you will find most other labs will disagree with that grade. Actually, many labs won't grade Yehuda products at all.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/29/2004 4:28:06 PM Ivy wrote:

Does anyone have a before and after pic of a diamond that's undergone this Yehuda process. ----------------

I am affraid to guess what that particular piece looked like before... "fracture filling" works to hide feather-type inclusions or open cracks in diamonds (either natural or traces left by laser drilling). The black spots there were not the object of treatment at all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results