shape
carat
color
clarity

X-prong/trellis setting help?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
My mom wants to reset her engagement ring, and she loves the x-prong setting (ala Vatche), with that taper where it's wider at the head and narrows as it goes down the shank.

I looked at BGD, WF and Vatche, but $1k is more than she's willing to spend. $500 is kind of her max. Is this even possible with gold prices still high?

She's fine with 14 kt white gold, and it would need to fit a 1.65 round (I'll need to look for the exact mm measurements).

Any leads would be helpful - thanks!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that may be hard with gold prices, its hard to find a setting under 500.
take a look at gabriel and co
call IDjewelry probably
also James allen will set outside stones and have some cheaper settings. :)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I would call IDJ, they seem to be price matching and being a bit more flexible with their pricing as of late.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you can get a Vatche X-prong for anything close to $500. Gold is really high and really simple Stuller solitaires are running $300 or so. So I don't see a good quality x-prong being $500. And I'd rather do nothing that get a poor quality one, personally.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i dont know i think that first IDJ one enerchi posted looks nice :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nielseel|1357263868|3346854 said:
i dont know i think that first IDJ one enerchi posted looks nice :)

It may be fine, but they don't seem to have updated prices on a lot of their rings. I was just comparing some prices they had listed on Gabriel and Co and they were a lot less than the G&Co. site. So I think with IDJ, you really have to call for current pricing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results