shape
carat
color
clarity

X-prong and smaller Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jjtitus

Rough_Rock
Anyone have a picture of an x-prong setting with a diamond that is .5-.6 carats? I want to know how it will look if i decide to get one. Does the ring overpower the diamond? My girl has short fingers with a ring size 5.5. I''m going crazy looking at all the option for a diamond. I can''t decide what is good and what is bad. I am so indecisive. Just want to get something that looks great, doesn''t have to be perfect cause don''t have enough money for perfect.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi jjtitus:

I have attached the picture provided by Vatche of the platinum x-prong with a .50 round center stone.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

.5 x-prong.gif

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Have you seen the X-Prong in person? It''s quite a wider band compared to the Tiffany knife edge or the Fine Line by Le that Whiteflash sells which are thinner. The thinner band might maximize the size of the diamond more than a thicker band.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2004 3
6.gif
5:44 AM
Author: rosy
Have you seen the X-Prong in person? It''s quite a wider band compared to the Tiffany knife edge or the Fine Line by Le that Whiteflash sells which are thinner. The thinner band might maximize the size of the diamond more than a thicker band.
I 100% agree with Rosy! If you want to maximize the size of the diamond, you need to minimize the size and utter prominence of the band. I think the x-prong is lovely, but I do think it could "overwhelm" the diamond a little. A thin knife edge would be better, IMHO.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I actually like wider bands with smaller diamonds. Thin bands accentuate the size of the stone, but OTOH it emphasizes how small the stone is in relationship to the finger. A wider band gives the appearance of a more substantial package overall.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results