shape
carat
color
clarity

WWPSD?

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a first world problem that I would like some advice on. I have an uncerted 6mm, .91 carat OEC, I-J, VS2-SI1 that is currently set. These stats are based on my jeweler's estimation. Because I have some sort of sickness, I am in the process of purchasing a larger OEC. So my question is, how should I sell the smaller OEC? I am considering listing it with JbEG for consignment. My other option would be to list it on Diamond Bistro. The problem is, I don't think I take very good photos. Though JbEG takes a cut, I think they would likely list it for a higher price than I could get on my own AND they would be able to showcase the diamond better than I could. I don't even know how to price it.

Should I get the stone certed in either scenario? How should I sell it? What would PSers do?

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are willing to sell for just a few hunder more than you paid it would move fast on DB I think. If you can afford to wait then I would consign.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Send it to Kenny for his portfolio. :naughty:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends. I learned how to take better pics with PS help. If you can take a few good enough pics, or have a friend who can, I'd list it on DB.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I'd test the waters with DB first - try to get the best macro photos you can (there are heaps of great tips if you search PS) and see if you get any responses. If it doesn't sell in a week or two, send it to JbEG. There's no sense letting it languish. The longer it is available, the more potential purchasers wonder what is wrong with it, IYKWIM.

How to price? Try finding something as comparable as possible on Old World Diamonds. Then subtract 20%.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
justginger|1336885442|3194161 said:
I'd test the waters with DB first - try to get the best macro photos you can (there are heaps of great tips if you search PS) and see if you get any responses. If it doesn't sell in a week or two, send it to JbEG. There's no sense letting it languish. The longer it is available, the more potential purchasers wonder what is wrong with it, IYKWIM.

How to price? Try finding something as comparable as possible on Old World Diamonds. Then subtract 20%.

No. I'd do more than 20% off their price. Their prices are high retail and their diamonds have certificates. I'd price closer to 30 off their prices with a GOOD appraisal (85 bucks for just a color and clarity and weight appraisal usually for me-- mine includes a Sarin but I'm lucky with my appraiser).

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is really great advice. Do you think I'd have better luck selling it loose or in its current mount? If I were to try and get it certed (which I have no idea how much that might cost) I know I would have to dismantle the ring. I'm not really in a rush to sell, and I'd rather price it at what it's worth and wait a little longer for it to sell.

I guess I'm a little scared of using DB. Does paypal protect the seller as much as it does the buyer?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results