shape
carat
color
clarity

Wow! The rings are on her finger and she couldn''t be happier!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meffaman

Rough_Rock
Refresher: Bought 3 RB's from GOG to be put in a Precision Set platinum setting along with a Precison Set channel-set millgrain WB.

Everything came yesterday from GOG as planned. Went out to dinner last night to this Spanish Tappas restaurant called Dali that we like, great place with a really cool vibe. All along she's been thinking I brought her original e-ring into a local jeweler to have the stone reset as it fell out a few months back, meanwhile I had sent it to GOG to ensure they had the correct sizing.

So we were there enjoying ourselves drinking Sangria and having some Tappas when I said "oh by the way, they couldn't reset your stone so I got you this instead". I handed over the little black box with the rings inside and she was floored.......!!! The rest as they say was history.

Her original e-ring was a .67 solitaire set in a thin yellow gold band, the wb was yellow-gold with a few really small diamonds. She loved them so much, but there's no doubt she's in heaven with this new set. She said she feels like an adult now! hahaha, soooo funny. We've been married 16yrs and have 3 daughters, and now she feels like an adult. I'm so happy for her, she really deserves it all and more.

The new e-ring has a 1.22 center (H SI1) with .51 & .52 sides (I SI1). The wb has 11 stones .75 tcw.

I couldn't imagine having gone up in color or clarity as these stone look completely white under all lighting and I can't for the life of me see anything with the naked eye.

I'll take pics later and post.
18.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
What a great surprise! Did she have that momentary look of disappointment until she saw the little box? Kudos to you for coming up with such a delightful way to surprise her and for managing to keep it all under wraps.
36.gif

I look forward to seeing the pics. The ring(s) sound absolutely beautiful.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
how wonderful, meffaman!! i can''t imagine how surprised and thrilled she was/is! can''t wait to see the pics!

meffaman

Rough_Rock
Yeah, she definitely had that momentary look of disappointment & confusion.

We went out to a dinner graduation tonight and her ring was blinding in the restaurant. I just can''t believe how bright it is, it''s like it has batteries in it with a light bulb or something. I''m totally sold on the idea of spending money on the best cut and dropping color/clarity/weight if needed.

Ok, I just can''t seem to insert pictures directly into my post. Can someone give me exact step by step? I have the picture files, but I must be missing something.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go here and it''s a little bit (10-15 lines down I think?). I''m guessing that you need to probably change the filenames.

What a lovely story. I can''t wait to see pics!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, you can email the admin, and they can post them for you. Or do a search on posting pics, the info is out there. Can''t wait to see the ring!!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a nice surprise for her! I hope we get to see photos soon. Do you also have photos of her old wedding set?

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
That''s so nice of you to surprise her like that. Can''t wait to see the photos!!!

2danes

Shiny_Rock
What a sweet story!
What a thoughtful husband you are!
I cannot wait to see the pics!!!
(must make DH read more stories like this, lol!)

Annie

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice surprise for you wife. I can''t wait to see them.

meffaman

Rough_Rock
Old set next to the new..... Not great pics but an idea of the difference..... I'll try to take some under natural light. It was pretty rainy here this weekend.

pjsringsoldnew.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, what a wonderful story and what beautiful new rings!!!! She must be thrilled!!! What a fun surprise.

mel047

Shiny_Rock
How sweet! She is one lucky lady!

I particularly like the part about being an adult. :) Makes me smile cause I too will always be a big kid at heart!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The set turned out great, and it sounds like she really loves it. Can''t wait to see more pics, congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results