shape
carat
color
clarity

Wow! Michael Beaudry in Bankruptcy, will it hurt the brand?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Wow! Michael Beaudry in Bankruptcy, will it hurt the br

That article was a year ago, so there must be more recent info.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes, found a more recent article. I just wonder what happens to the brand. If they do end up going out of business will that make the beaudry pieces more or less valuable or remain the same. I've always loved Beaudry pieces but they are just crazy expensive so it's not surprising with the economic state the US is in right now. I really hope they can pull out of it though. Maybe offer more affordable pieces...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Pearlmans is having 50% of Beaudry and Bixby in November (I think either through or on November 1st)... maybe that's why?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1320105000|3051328 said:
Pearlmans is having 50% of Beaudry and Bixby in November (I think either through or on November 1st)... maybe that's why?

Anything worth having, Gypsy? Recently, I've seen some Beaudry on the secondary market.

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's still very high at half price. It makes me feel better about my Van Craeynest setting, though!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal|1320106035|3051335 said:

Anything worth having, Gypsy? Recently, I've seen some Beaudry on the secondary market.

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon, I didn't want to tempt myself by looking too hard. My setting project for my OEC is my financial focus right now and I was afraid of what I'd find if I looked too hard. But... since I DID look a little bit there are some yellow diamond pendants that I thought were gorgeous. :$$):

Plus Beaudry has one collection (that I fortunately don't know the name of) that has all clover shaped pieces that I don't if Pearlmans carries but is to die for. AND last time Beaudry was here in Palo Alto they had these long necklaces of white and black diamonds that had me thankful I'd left the Amex at home. I also didn't look to see if Pearlmans had those, as I was afraid. Very very afraid.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1320107035|3051355 said:
canuk-gal|1320106035|3051335 said:

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon, I didn't want to tempt myself by looking too hard. My setting project for my OEC is my financial focus right now and I was afraid of what I'd find if I looked too hard. But... since I DID look a little bit there are some yellow diamond pendants that I thought were gorgeous. :$$):

Plus Beaudry has one collection (that I fortunately don't know the name of) that has all clover shaped pieces that I don't if Pearlmans carries but is to die for. AND last time Beaudry was here in Palo Alto they had these long necklaces of white and black diamonds that had me thankful I'd left the Amex at home. I also didn't look to see if Pearlmans had those, as I was afraid. Very very afraid.

DS--I've always thought this designer was "way out" there in terms of price....notwithstanding I am not very interested in the multiple halo thing....

That said, Gypsy--I am looking for some black stone/diamond earrings to wear to match the oxidized sapphire starburst necklace that I adore from Sydney Evans...but they would have to be bargoons! Let me know if you see anything!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sharon you can always call Pearlmans and see if they have any of the black and white diamond pieces in but just not up. Worth a shot.

Do you have pictures of the black and white pieces you have? They sound YUMMY!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

I emailed Bill and he said they are discontinuing both Bixby and Beaudry and all of their items they have in stock will be 50% off until they are gone. Bixby is shutting down completely and they are just not going to carry Beaudry any longer. The Beaudry pieces even at half off are still pricy but someone who is buying retail anyway will end up with a really good deal. I guess time will only tell if Beaudry can restructure and keep going. It would be sad to see them go out of business completely. :(sad I have love many of his designs....

Sharon, I'd love to see pics of your black and white pieces too!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrssalvo|1320176186|3051883 said:

I emailed Bill and he said they are discontinuing both Bixby and Beaudry and all of their items they have in stock will be 50% off until they are gone. Bixby is shutting down completely and they are just not going to carry Beaudry any longer. The Beaudry pieces even at half off are still pricy but someone who is buying retail anyway will end up with a really good deal. I guess time will only tell if Beaudry can restructure and keep going. It would be sad to see them go out of business completely. :(sad I have love many of his designs....

Sharon, I'd love to see pics of your black and white pieces too!!!

Mrs.S and Gypsy--I have more than a few issues posting photos here...dont know why: felt "lucky" to have posted two pics of my new custom rubellite earring on CS and IRL pics of my old rings--took me an hour!

Sydney Evans website is awesome--I have the sapphire starburst oxidized gold necklace; her pieces are really wearable and fun! (but would like some earrings.... :bigsmile: keep you eyes open for me )

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results