shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you sacrifice the diamond warrantee?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
I purchased my diamond from a reputable, nationally known multi-location jeweler (hold your gasps). If I don''t have my diamond set by their jeweler into a setting offered by them, my diamond warrantee would be void. What options do I have here, since I am not enamored with any of their current settings?

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
As long as I maintain routine checks by them in six-month increments, I would receive a comparable replacement stone should there be a problem (i.e. damage or lost stone). I know for a fact that they are faithful to this policy as they previously replaced a diamond of mine that they noticed was chipped during one of the checks. Again, this applies only if I have the stone set by them in a setting offered by them.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmmm... it's nice that they do that. Do they do custom work? Maybe you could show them another setting you like and they could replicate it for you? I guess the bottom line is how important that replacement policy is to you. Keep in mind that if your diamond is properly insured, your insurance should cover loss of the stone. It seems their warranty is most useful in case of damage, as you've experienced already.

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
True enough...I'll probably explore the option to have them custom design or replicate a piece for me - once I figure it out. I think their warrantee is great back up and peace of mind, but I wish I had made a better deal either online or from an independent jeweler - as I'm sure I'm paying for that warrantee somehow through the cost of my diamond. I had the impression this type of warrantee was commonplace. Is that not so? Still searching for the ideal design, and will have my diamond set into an inexpensive "tiffany" style setting for now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results