shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you buy it?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
The IS does look like a lot of leakage, but it's an expert selection and an AGS0 so that would make me feel more confident. I think that it would be worth taking a look at anyway. DS posted in another thread that WF currently has a price glitch on their website and that if you place your order in the next 24 hours they will honor the listed price instead of adjusting it. So, that's worth considering!

ETA what are the specs of your current stone?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, that is the most puzzling AGS 0 stone I have ever seen. The price is puzzling, too. I will say that I have a GIA XXX stone now that would not meet ACA standards, but I think it has a lot less leakage than this stone. I'd be buying an ACA today if I could buy a diamond because the ACA's seem to have the greatest discount. However the stone you are looking at is far less than any of the others. But to answer your question, no, I don't think I could buy that diamond.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Christina...|1350608608|3288284 said:
The IS does look like a lot of leakage, but it's an expert selection and an AGS0 so that would make me feel more confident. I think that it would be worth taking a look at anyway. DS posted in another thread that WF currently has a price glitch on their website and that if you place your order in the next 24 hours they will honor the listed price instead of adjusting it. So, that's worth considering!

ETA what are the specs of your current stone?

1ct AGS000 D SI1

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1350609209|3288292 said:
Gosh, that is the most puzzling AGS 0 stone I have ever seen. The price is puzzling, too. I will say that I have a GIA XXX stone now that would not meet ACA standards, but I think it has a lot less leakage than this stone. I'd be buying an ACA today if I could buy a diamond because the ACA's seem to have the greatest discount. However the stone you are looking at is far less than any of the others. But to answer your question, no, I don't think I could buy that diamond.

you said what I was thinking. the most puzzling AGS000 with the most puzzling price!.... :(sad

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1350612978|3288345 said:
I don't see any reason to sell your current stone to get this one.

well, was hoping this will cut the cost of my currently ring and use the extra money elsewhere... but I guess since the fact that you just never know when the other diamond will sell it's just a gamble

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I don't think that I would either. I didn't realize that you already have a nice size and quality stone. You won't see a large size increase and you would be going down in color, so I don't think that it would be worth the risk. I think it would be fun to see the stone in person though and be able to compare it side by side to your AGS0 and see IRL the performance differences. It seems that sometime this summer someone posted another AGS0 that looked similar to this IS and it sparked a thread about whether or not AGS was becoming softer on their cut grading. Odd though, because WF has listed it as an expert selection as well. Curious!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results