shape
carat
color
clarity

Working with Luanne at IDJ for Diamond Stud Jackets help

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I finally putting funds together for Diamond stud jackets for my 2.40 6.85 mm studs.

I am having a impossible time finding a local jeweler that has jackets fory 7mm studs.

I know many of you have purchased the .90 -1.00 tcw jackets from IDJ Can you guys post for my any that house 7mm jackets ..

Also if you wouldn't mind giving me a ball park idea of $$$$.. Their web site has .90 for 6mm at $990.00 that's it

I am waiting for Luann to give me more info. She said when I come in next month she will have the casting with out the stones this is why I am asking for photos ..as I can't picture what my size studs will look in the different size jackets

Also would like to see the difference using 3 pointers, 4 pointers and 5 pointers.

Thanks so much Heidi

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
I recently ordered the 5 pointer jackets for my 6mm studs, pricescope quality, and they were $1,200. I haven't taken any pics yet, but will.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have 5 mm stones with 3 pointer jackets from IDJ, so that doesn't help with your question....but I just wanted to say I'm sure whatever you decide on will be gorgeous, and I can't wait to see!! :love:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
SapphireStyle|1418924757|3803670 said:
I recently ordered the 5 pointer jackets for my 6mm studs, pricescope quality, and they were $1,200. I haven't taken any pics yet, but will.

Thanks I guess , Ill have to wait (its been 24 hours since she said she would send prices and photos :( Al so know that its the week before christmans week.

So I guess for 7mm It will be about 1400 maybe ...okay..

Photos anyone

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
SapphireStyle|1418924757|3803670 said:

yes I need to see your photos plz.... thanks

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
I have been a little obsessed with my new e-ring upgrade, but I will endeavor to take some photos of my earring jackets tonight.

If it makes you feel any better, I was told that it would take about two weeks to have the jackets made, but I received them in western Canada in about a week and a half from the date I paid for them.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much and yes it does my birthday in Jan 9 so I hope to heve the $$$ by then .. I live just outside the city so I will go in and meet Luanne and try on the casts.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
heididdl|1418958575|3803993 said:
Thank you so much and yes it does my birthday in Jan 9 so I hope to heve the $$$ by then .. I live just outside the city so I will go in and meet Luanne and try on the casts.
If you can go try them on, you should. I put my 2.12ctw studs in IDJ jackets and the result was overwhelming for me. It's a special occasion look not something I could wear regularly.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1418959258|3803996 said:
If you can go try them on, you should. I put my 2.12ctw studs in IDJ jackets and the result was overwhelming for me. It's a special occasion look not something I could wear regularly.

Yours are the same almost size as mine that is why I do need to dry. The 5 pointers maybe way to big I also think they will be like New Year's eve worthy.

What size pointers did you get and were your more expensive than those that have 3mm 4mm and 5mm studs. I'm assuming the price goes up as they will use two more stones per mm....

thanks still waiting for Luanne think I need to call again she said she would send me email ...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh good luck with your birthday project! It's going to be beautiful. Just want to encourage you to contact Luanne again. They are not always the best about responding to emails. It's hit or miss but don't let that deter you. Just contact them again. Happy birthday in advance!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Will do ....Still waiting for ear shots for those 6.5 mm stones. I want to know how large 3, 4, 5 pointers are . I think that 5 might be way to large for my ears.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't help too much, but I can say that 5 point stones are pretty big! I have a sapphire ring with 5 point stones and honestly I think they're a bit large for earring jackets.

ETA - want to modify my response, comes down to personal preference, you might prefer a bold blingy look! But for me I think 5 points might be a bit too much.

mustangsally

Rough_Rock
I can't recommend working with IDJ highly enough. They were super busy when I was there not so long ago, so I assume that's only increased as we get nearer to Christmas.

I'm not sure how helpful this pic will be, but it shows my just over 1tcw studs in the 3pt jackets (0.72 tcw, IIRC). Hmm - iPhone ear selfie...

I'd previously had them in 1pt jackets (from WF), so the bigger look took a little getting used to but I love it

I think since your studs are that much bigger already, the 5pt jacket look would certainly be very substantial, possibly overwhelming. Good luck with your birthday project!

_25340.jpg

_25341.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
heididdl|1418994039|3804135 said:
baby monster|1418959258|3803996 said:

Yours are the same almost size as mine that is why I do need to dry. The 5 pointers maybe way to big I also think they will be like New Year's eve worthy.

What size pointers did you get and were your more expensive than those that have 3mm 4mm and 5mm studs. I'm assuming the price goes up as they will use two more stones per mm....

thanks still waiting for Luanne think I need to call again she said she would send me email ...
I didn't end up getting them because DH said that I finally lost my mind from too much bling. I tried on 3pt and 5pt jackets and it was just too much. Definitely NYE or a big party look.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! They look great! Gives them that at umph for special occasions or for when you just want to "bling it out" in a pair of jeans!

You take good ear selfies :cheeky:

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Here are a couple of really terrible shots I snapped of my 5 pointer jackets for 6 mm studs. They are definitely a special occasion look. I would suggest the 3 pointers for 7 mm studs.

BTW - I do not have yellow hair, the lighting in my bathroom was very odd this morning.
At least the pics will give you an idea of size!

earringjacketshot.jpg
earrings.jpg
earring_jackets_.jpg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I love the 3 pointers and I want to keep it around $1000 you guys are right 1.20 each plys 5 pointers will spill off my ear lobe.. still want to see studs similar to my size with 3 or 4 pointerrs as I know luanne will only have the castings for me without the stones.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
SapphireStyle|1419008630|3804241 said:
Here are a couple of really terrible shots I snapped of my 5 pointer jackets for 6 mm studs. They are definitely a special occasion look. I would suggest the 3 pointers for 7 mm studs.

BTW - I do not have yellow hair, the lighting in my bathroom was very odd this morning.
At least the pics will give you an idea of size!

earringjacketshot.jpg
earrings.jpg
earring_jackets_.jpg

I didn't see your photos...Your ears are pierced in a great place my holes are lower so I think anything larger than 3 points might fall of the edge....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results