shape
carat
color
clarity

Woe is me!! What''s a girl with bigger fingers to do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

a.rot

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post but I have to thank you all first - I''ve been lurking for weeks and have learned SO MUCH! I feel very confident you will all be able to help me with my current conundrum

My problem is this: we''ve been looking at rings and I know enough about the 4 C''s to make a fair decision on a stone, but I am having major setting issues. I am super picky about settings and want to try a bunch on, but I can''t because my ring size is 9/9.5. Most jewelers I''ve found (and believe me, I''ve looked!) don''t carry anything much larger than a 7. This means I am left either trying the setting on my pinky or half-way down my ring finger, which I am sure doesn''t give the same look of one actually on in the right spot. I don''t want to get something hoping it''ll look right when I see it sized and on my hand, but I also don''t want to forego all the pretty settings I''ve seen in size "little." Any suggestions on a good way to deal with this madness?
confused.gif

Thanks so much for your thoughts. I''ll look forward to all the wise replies.

joe keller

Rough_Rock
HI

to get the appearance of the ring on your finger hold it with a pair of stone tweezers directly over the finger and look straight down on it and it will give you a good idea what it would look like.

a.rot

Rough_Rock
Very smart! I will try that. See? I knew I'd get good ideas here!
twirl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results