shape
carat
color
clarity

Will this SI2 clarity princess cut be eye clean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is really no way to tell from the plot. the inclusions could be big black boogers or undetectable white spots. good, eye clean si stones are hard to find. i wouldn''t take the risk of someone not being able to look at it first.

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
There''s a certificate on the link you''ve given, showing a map of the inclusions so maybe someone who knows more than I do can take a look.

Your best bet is just to give Blue Nile a call and ask them to examine the stone. If it''s in stock they should be able to do it quite quickly, otherwise they may need to order it in. Most stores are happy to check stones out for you before you buy to avoid the hassle of having goods returned all the time. Do bear in mind that definitions of ''eye-clean'' vary but if you discuss it with the sales rep you should be reassured whether or not you''ll be happy with the look.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock

Something to know about BN stones is that most (if not all?) are vitual, which means that you don''t have the option of someone "taking a look" for you.

How about this 1.06/I/SI2 from Whiteflash? http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-2323748.htm#
The table is a bit large, but since it''s in house, you can have Brian take a look at it and give you a solid opinion.
Plus, with the PS discount, it should be a bit less than the BN stone.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally would not buy a 'drop shipped' SI2 stone - because there is a good chance inclusions at that clarity could be visible with the naked eye, and if no one can advise me of whether this is the case first, I wouldn't purchase the stone!!! (And no one who ain't lookin' at the diamond will be able to tell you!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results