shape
carat
color
clarity

Will rhodium plating make yellow gold into white gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I have a stupid questions...but here it goes anyway. Will getting a yellow gold item rhodium plating make it look like white gold? I have some earrings that are in yellow gold that I''d rather have in white gold. Could I get them plated so they look like white gold rather than having to have them reset?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I have never had it done, but I know some people who did. Their experience was that it does work, sort of, for a while. It looked a little wonky when it started to wear off, though. But they had rings done, which do get a lot more wear and tear than earrings.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve had a bunch of my yellow gold earring rhodium plated with great results. They last longer than rings, as they don''t get the wear and tear that rings do. HTH

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That would be my opinion also. Rings, a few weeks to a few months, depending on how hard you wear your rings, earrings should last a long time.

Wink

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Any idea on how much it should cost to get 2 4 prong basket type earrings rhodium plated? The stones are about 2/3 of a carat so they are not big earring baskets.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really depends on the jeweler in terms of pricing. I was quoted anywhere from $35-75 dollars to plate a bracelet. I went with the place that charged $35 of course. The earrings should definitely cost less than that, depending on the jewelers around you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results