shape
carat
color
clarity

Will Leon Mege set another stone into one of his settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I recently purchased a LM setting that has had the center stone removed and was wondering if anyone has had Leon reset a different center stone, into a ring where the center stone has been removed?

I understand that the setting was made specifically for the stone's dimensions and would probably have to have a stone custom cut to fit the setting.

I did send him an email, just haven't heard back yet-so was wondering what other experiences have been.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t see why he wouldn''t unless it offends the artiste that someone disassembled one of his rings.
3.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 4:54:37 PM
Author: neatfreak
I don't see why he wouldn't unless it offends the artiste that someone disassembled one of his rings.
3.gif

That was my thought also, but if he has an issue with the center stone being removed, I figure he can contact the original owner of the ring!

I loved the simple setting and am planning on having, at this point, a sapphire set into it. I would prefer to send it to him for the reset, but if its a no go-then onto plan 2 :)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh I saw that one for sale, yummy. Yeah, if he won''t do it I am sure many others would be happy to!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
I saw that one for sale too. congrats! I would think he''d want to work on it for you. GL!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak and missfortune:Thanks, still haven''t heard back from him, but know of other jewelers that are willing to help with the reset :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think butterfly sold her Leon solitaire to someone who he reset the stone for the new owner and sized..If I am remembering correctly. this was a few years ago though and some of his policy''s have changed with his growing business so I guess you''ll just have to wait to see what he says. gorgeous setting though.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I have to say that I am sooo sad, today I received the setting in the mail and the basket for the center stone was bowed and bent!
15.gif

I was super excited for the setting and was having a stone custom cut to fit the center basket dimensions!!!

The seller claims the ring was fine when she sent it and that it must have gotten squished in the mail---she didn''t have it in a box, only an envelope!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 3:43:41 PM
Author: stepcutnut
I have to say that I am sooo sad, today I received the setting in the mail and the basket for the center stone was bowed and bent!
15.gif

I was super excited for the setting and was having a stone custom cut to fit the center basket dimensions!!!

The seller claims the ring was fine when she sent it and that it must have gotten squished in the mail---she didn''t have it in a box, only an envelope!
That is not the proper way to ship anything let alone an expensive custom ring. I''d consider sending it back because it''s going to be really difficult to get someone to fix it.

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, so is it the shipper''s fault or the sender''s fault for not packing it better?
Was the shipment insured for full value?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 3:49:30 PM
Author: swingirl
Date: 12/16/2008 3:43:41 PM

Author: stepcutnut

15.gif

That is not the proper way to ship anything let alone an expensive custom ring. I''d consider sending it back because it''s going to be really difficult to get someone to fix it.

I was told the side stones would have to be removed to straighten the center basket and then the strength of the setting would be compromised!!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 3:52:13 PM
Author: Moh 10
Hmm, so is it the shipper''s fault or the sender''s fault for not packing it better?

Was the shipment insured for full value?

I would think that an envelope is a terrible shipping choice for any piece of jewelry, especially during the busy holiday shipping season!?!?!

It does say it''s insured, for what amount, I don''t know yet.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would imagine the shipping company is going to say it''s not their fault as it wasn''t properly packaged. I hope you can get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results