shape
carat
color
clarity

Will I ruin the VC Gabriella design if I taper???

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
So Im going ahead with the VC Gabriella plain shank solitaire ( like Mom2boys ) for my 3.2 ct MRB. I have a size 9 finger so I am changing the shank to a 2.1mm, however at the moment I am having Victor include a slight taper, cathedral type look. I will post a pic of a VC inspired Gabriella ring that was recently posted on the forum which I hope she doesn't mind me reposting. This ring has the slight taper Im referring to. My question especially to Mom2boys if you see this and chime in I would love your opinion, but do you think it will ruin the look of this ring? Im such a person that I just need to see it in front of me and then I know. I relise the picture below in VC inspired and I really like her ring but because its not exactly how VC's ring will turn out Im as always confused. I think my biggest issue is will any eternity band in particular the BGD Dreamer eternity not sit well or look funny. I am a worry wart and am trying to make this absolutely perfect.
Please I know I have asked so many questions lately but before I sign off on the work order I just really need to hear from some PSers :confused:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't know what the right answer is, but you could ask VC what he thinks and provide him with the dimensions of the Dream band to see if he has any ideas as to what, if any, modifications to the e-ring setting would make the bands sit together flush/best :)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there! :wavey: I think that slightly altered version will look fine (looks more like the Vatche version). I'm just not sure what the eternity band will look like next to it. Can you link the wedding band to Victor and get his opinion on it?

As an alternative, have you thought about keeping the Gabriella intact like the original w/ 3/4 pave on the band and wearing it alone if you are looking for more bling? Then you would not have to worry about a wedding band at all.

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks endless summer, yes I think I just need to link Victor my eternity choice and he what he suggests, I just feel Im a real pain so I like to come here first :oops:

Thanks so much Mom2boys I did actually consider that pave shank prior to and after the halo, but it just comes back to the fact that I really do love the plain shank solitaire. I just want the option to add a little bit of bling with it now and then. I just went back looking at your pics with the spacer on side view and I think that's probably what I would prefer. Ultimately I know the eternity wont sit flush and that's fine because I like the donut, however I would hate for the taper height to sit up higher than an eternity I rather the eternity to be higher. I hope I make sense. :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not think that in any way will cause a problem with a wedding band. It is more like the Vatche and it has never crossed my mind that that is an issue. I do not use a spacer with mine. I actually like the tiny gap.

I will say, though, that some eternities sit higher than others. I know from past experience that Memoire and Tiffany sit the lowest. I am not sure whether the BG band is low enough or not.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results