shape
carat
color
clarity

will double claw prongs look too busy?

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I'm resetting a RB. It will be solitaire on a 1.8-1.9mm shank, white gold. I'm wearing it as a RHR and it will be just this ring by itself. I want it to be something different yet still focus attention at the stone. I am leaning towards 4 double claw prong but worry that it would look too busy / cover too much on a 8.5mm wide. Thoughts? Thanks!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking it depends on the job done by your jeweler. I have a .67 round stone set with double prongs and it's not busy or bulky at all, in my opinion.
2010-5-4%20014.jpg
That's not a great picture, but it should give you an idea. I think the prongs look even less prominent in person, as well. The close up picture doesn't give the real life perspective.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Is the shank plain? Actually I don't think that matters, I don't think that nicely done double prongs will look too busy at all. I love them! :love:

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
I have delicate double claw prongs on my cushion solitaire and I think it has a simple, but slightly vintage look.
I think the size of the stone also keeps it from being busy - 8.5mm should look wonderful.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I'm a huge fan of double claw prongs as long as they are done well- meaning pointy/ elegant/ dainty. Just make sure you jeweler understands how to do them and I would even ask to see an example of their work.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Sarahbear621|1367332731|3437325 said:
I'm a huge fan of double claw prongs as long as they are done well- meaning pointy/ elegant/ dainty. Just make sure you jeweler understands how to do them and I would even ask to see an example of their work.

Oh yes! POINTY! Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results