shape
carat
color
clarity

Why is the quote for full eternity band same as 1/2 eternity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have experience custom designing a diamond eternity wedding band? I just sent an email to the jewelry consultant that has been helping me, to ask why the designer''s price for a "custom" diamond & sapphire 1/2 eternity band is the same price as a half eternity band. I probably won''t get a reply until after the weekend, but I was hoping someone else could shed some light on this. And even if it were the full eternity, a size 4.5 is the same price as an average size. She told me the approximate total carat weight would be 0.35ctw in both diamonds and blue sapphires from Stuller (1.5mm each). The band would be between 2.5mm and 3.0mm.

The bands I wanted originally were these two below. But I thought I might rather have a 1/2 eternity so I can turn the stones toward my palm if I ever feel uncomfortable. This is what I do with my engagment ring. Thanks in advance!

Platinum knife edge band like this one from Whiteflash:

WF_knifeedgeband.jpg

And an alternating round diamond - round sapphire design. So I''d like the top half to be like this, combined with the knife edge on the bottom half.
bevkalternatingdiamsapph.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Alternatively does anyone know where I can find a half eternity of any of the following designs, for $1000 or less, in platinum? Or those who have experience custom designing bands, how much do you think a half eternity of these styles would cost, with excellent cut diamonds, F/G color diamonds VS or better clarity along with excellent quality/color sapphires?

Beverly K
bevkalternatingdiamsapph.jpg

Beverly K
bevkalternatingdiamonds.jpg

Beverly K
bevkmarquisbezeleternity.jpg

Beverly K
bevkbezelmilgraineternity.jpg

Memoire
memoirepurity1carat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results