shape
carat
color
clarity

Why does GIA report needs to be accompanied by Sarin report?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ricky0309

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone:

I read somewhere that if you want to get the best quality cut on your diamond, you should aim for AGS Ideal0. But if a diamond is certified as GIA Excellent Cut, a Sarin report is still needed to provide the crown/pavilion angle data.

Now when I look at any GIA report, the proportion of diamond is explained in quite detail. You can even get the crown/pavilion angle data from the proportion information in the GIA report. I asked some jewelers to get a Sarin report on some of the diamonds I was interested in and the crown/pavilion angle data is close to what described in GIA report.

With this in mind, is Sarin report still necessary for GIA certified diamond? Please kindly enlighten me on this.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2009 1:22:47 PM
Author:ricky0309
Hi Everyone:

I read somewhere that if you want to get the best quality cut on your diamond, you should aim for AGS Ideal0. But if a diamond is certified as GIA Excellent Cut, a Sarin report is still needed to provide the crown/pavilion angle data.

Now when I look at any GIA report, the proportion of diamond is explained in quite detail. You can even get the crown/pavilion angle data from the proportion information in the GIA report. I asked some jewelers to get a Sarin report on some of the diamonds I was interested in and the crown/pavilion angle data is close to what described in GIA report.

With this in mind, is Sarin report still necessary for GIA certified diamond? Please kindly enlighten me on this.
1.gif
GIA round the numbers, so especially on certain angle combos such as borderline steep deeps ( 35/ 41 or more) or borderline shallow ( 34/ 40.6 or less), a Sarin is useful to give more detailed measurements of the stone. However images such as Idealscope and ASET are particularly useful so we can see how well any given proportion configuration can work together.

This thread goes into greater detail concerning forced rounding

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/consumer-advisory-gia-cut-grade-rounding-problems.39401/

AGS0 cut grade can be excellent buys but there are many superbly cut GIA cut graded diamonds out there, particularly if they are hand picked by trusted vendors for their superior optics, performance and beauty.

This page explains about ASET and Idealscope images

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=education-performance

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2009 1:51:29 PM
Author: ricky0309
Hi Lorelei:

Thanks for the explanation. You have been a tremendous help!
1.gif
You are more than welcome ricky, very glad to have been of assistance to you!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results