shape
carat
color
clarity

Who would you pick to design a solitaire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I am thinking of having a plitunum solitaire amde for my 2 ct round. Would you go with Leon Mege, Whiteflash or Quest? Quest is in my area, so I''m thinking of going with them, but I''ve never seen any of their custom solitiares.

Who would you pick?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Leon. All the way, babe.
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on your taste. Given the 3 options you have given, I'd choose Leon because of the distinctive look. Have you also considered Mark Morell? He also does excellent solitaire work, I especially adore his 3 prong solitaires.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Quest! They did a solitare for me and it was gorgeous! Pete and Huan were great to work with and being able to physically take my ring there was great peace of mind. I highly recommend them! They also did my friend''s wedding band and its fab!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Chrono. It all depends on what look you''re after. If it''s a really simple solitaire, hands down I vote for MM.

I don''t know if you mean you''ve never seen Quest''s custom work in person, or at all, so here''s a thread with some settings they''ve made.

What are you thinking about doing?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2007 4:46:46 PM
Author: Jenna51580gr
Where is Quest located? And what is their website?
They are in VA. Here''s their link.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Leon!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quest would do a great job and they''re near by.... They will listen to your design ideas and excute them beautifully. I have worked with Leon, he does great work. I have always admired Mark''s designs, so fluid. Really depends what kind of solitaire you are going for....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go with Leon...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything Leon does is impeccable. You cannot go wrong with him, his solitaires are amazing.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I would be torn between Leon and Mark Morrell. Leon's stuff is beautifully delicate and Mark's stuff is like liquid platinum! Decisions, decisions . . .

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
If I were you, probably Quest because you can go in person and meet with them. For me, (not local to any of the vendors you mention), I''d go with Mark Morrell. I love his work; it''s exactly what I would want!

I remember February2003Bride had a solitaire custom made by them and she was very happy although she did change her ring not long after. She has a thread with pics of the quest ring.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your replies everyone! I''m really torn now - I actually met with the guys at QUest a couple of months ago in anticipation of getting my new diamond, and they were wonderful. The only thing is that I really want double-claw prongs and haven''t seen them do that in any of their pictures - whereas Leon''s prongs I know will be fabulous.

Mark Morrell''s designs are beautiful also. I''m 90% sure that I want a "Harry Winston style" solitiare - 4 double claw prongs - but if I decide to go with a "Tiffany style solitiare" - 6 prong - I am thinking either Mark Morrell or maybe even Whiteflash ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results