shape
carat
color
clarity

Who uses the creamiest-looking 18k rose gold? How is WF's?

sugarski

Shiny_Rock
I may be getting a 5-stone ring and I want the metal to be a very creamy, light, peachy RG color, not too coppery or bluish. I seem to recall that BGD's is rather dark and coppery which I don't want. True? How about Whiteflash and IDJ?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Who uses the creamiest-looking 18k rose gold? How is WF'

Why arent you using 14kt rose gold if you want light peachy RG. I've never heard of gold being described as creamy...I've
heard of liquid-y.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

14K rose gold has a higher percentage of copper, which seems would not appeal to you. I'm thinking that what you want may actually be pink gold. Lower percentage of copper than their rose gold counterparts, with silver (and sometimes other "whitening" metals) added to the mix and thereby "tone down" the resulting alloy.

The problem is that even a surprising number of jewelers use "pink" and "rose" interchangeably (also call what is really red gold "rose") & pink alloys of the same K don't all use the same formulas. Plus, there are more than a few vendors who "ramp up" the rose/pink color in pics/CAD illustrations. Have you seen photos that depict what you'd like?

ETA: there also is peach gold

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MollyMalone|1440632920|3919627 said:
14K rose gold has a higher percentage of copper, which seems would not appeal to you. I'm thinking that what you want may actually be pink gold. Lower percentage of copper than their rose gold counterparts, with silver (and sometimes other "whitening" metals) added to the mix and thereby "tone down" the resulting alloy.

The problem is that even a surprising number of jewelers use "pink" and "rose" interchangeably (also call what is really red gold "rose") & pink alloys of the same K don't all use the same formulas. Plus, there are more than a few vendors who "ramp up" the rose/pink color in pics/CAD illustrations. Have you seen photos that depict what you'd like?

I thought it was 18k that had the higher copper content and was therefore more coppery and less pink. Maybe I've been doing it wrong when deciding what to use. I've been picking 14k thinking it was not as orange :confused:

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock

14kt rose gold has more copper in it, which is why it looks more pink. 18kt has more gold and so its a more yellow shade of rose gold. I prefer 18kt.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lxAsTrOxl|1440635750|3919653 said:
14kt rose gold has more copper in it, which is why it looks more pink. 18kt has more gold and so its a more yellow shade of rose gold. I prefer 18kt.

Thank you. I guess I've been getting what I want, but just for the wrong reason!

sugarski

Shiny_Rock

Lookinagain said:
lxAsTrOxl|1440635750|3919653 said:

yes, this is what I thought :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've always thought the 14k looked less pink than the 18k but maybe I've got it backwards! Need to go look for pictures!

edit ...found this...they are only cads though
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/14k-or-18k-rose-gold-for-a-rhr.210244/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/14k-or-18k-rose-gold-for-a-rhr.210244/[/URL]

Found this picture...not sure what the contents of the gold is but...

In my mind the 14k rose gold looks more rosey and less coppery than the 18k gold. Maybe my 50+ year old eyes are just off :lol: !

metal-color.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There's just too many rose gold alloys out there to know for sure. I checked out one place in Washington state and their 18K rose gold was very yellow with just a hint of blush. It was a very soft colour, yellower than the 18K rose gold in the picture TyTy shared.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

There seems to be some variation depending on vendor. Plus it's not always easy to tell from their photos. Another thought...look through some of the PS threads and see if someone has a rose gold piece in the shade you like? :wavey:

Mrs2Ouch

Rough_Rock

Here is my BGD 14k rose gold. I don't think it is coppery but it is very pink and may not be what you are looking for. I didn't like the pics of BGD 18k rose gold and had to ask for the 14k (at least for this particular ring). When I asked how their 18k was in life they said it was more "buttery" than the 14k. I have 14k rose gold rings from Etsy and they look much more coppery than my BGD 14k.
This pic is true to color.

_33666.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mrs2Ouch|1440705916|3920011 said:
Here is my BGD 14k rose gold. I don't think it is coppery but it is very pink and may not be what you are looking for. I didn't like the pics of BGD 18k rose gold and had to ask for the 14k (at least for this particular ring). When I asked how their 18k was in life they said it was more "buttery" than the 14k. I have 14k rose gold rings from Etsy and they look much more coppery than my BGD 14k.
This pic is true to color.

That is a luscious color! Just to confuse things further, it looks to me much like what I've seen called "pink gold" elsewhere.

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock

Hi sugarski :wavey:

Here are pics of my 18k rose gold band under different lighting conditions - all reflect true-to-life color.

Hope this helps you with the 14k vs 18k question.....

_33689.jpg

_33690.jpg

_33691.jpg

sugarski

Shiny_Rock

Thank you so much! Your rings are gorgeous! :)

I appreciate all the feedback from everyone on this thread. You guys are the best. :clap:

sugarski

Shiny_Rock

So beautiful, thank you! :)

sugarski

Shiny_Rock

Oh thank you! This is really helpful because I have a Cartier Trinity ring and love the color of the RG!!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm thinking the 18K rose/pink gold alloy Ritani has been using (Ritani itself seems to use both rose and pink to describe the alloy) might appeal to you. If there's no authorized Ritani retailer convenient to you or if that jeweler happens not to have any of the 5-stone bands or something similar at hand in the 18K rose/pink gold for in-person viewing, you could order one at no risk; free, insured FedEx shipping and return, with full refund of purchase price, if returned within 30 days. E.g., the .75 total carat band, but also available in various tcw's:
https://www.ritani.com/wedding-rings/women-s-five-stone-diamond-wedding-band-in-18kt-rose-gold/12598
https://www.ritani.com/returns

Whiteflash is an authorized Ritani dealer, so if you wanted to use WF diamonds, perhaps WF could order just the mounting from Ritani and set their own diamonds in it?

sugarski

Shiny_Rock

This is a GREAT idea. Thank you so very much! :)

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Keep us posted, please :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results