shape
carat
color
clarity

who can vouch for WF''s return policy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
This is a question for everyone who has bought a diamond from WhiteFlash. I've been researching diamonds for months now and I found 2 stones I like at WF. I would really like to have them shipped to us so that we can see them in person and pick the one we like with our own eyes. The thing is my BF is still sketchy on the idea of buying from an internet company and having something so small and so expensive shipped to us via courier.

Reading WF's return policy on their website, it sounds easy and flawless. Is this really true?? I'm looking for calming responses to set my BF at ease
31.gif
but I also want honest responses!

So what was your experience with returning stones to WF?? ETA: Also, shipping an expensive stone via courier??

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 8:03:01 PM
Author:sunkist
This is a question for everyone who has bought a diamond from WhiteFlash. I''ve been researching diamonds for months now and I found 2 stones I like at WF. I would really like to have them shipped to us so that we can see them in person and pick the one we like with our own eyes. The thing is my BF is still sketchy on the idea of buying from an internet company and having something so small and so expensive shipped to us via courier.

Reading WF''s return policy on their website, it sounds easy and flawless. Is this really true?? I''m looking for calming responses to set my BF at ease
31.gif
but I also want honest responses!

So what was your experience with returning stones to WF?? ETA: Also, shipping an expensive stone via courier??
I can, both directly and indirectly.

One of ours friends here, Sharon, did the same thing you''re proposing. She bought 2 stones with intention of looking at them during the inspection period and returning one of the two. No hassles at all.

I''ve returned to them via trade-up, and again, no hassles at all.

The only way to ship to WF is via USPS. Their insured service means the diamond is locked up when not in transit, so it''s secure, and you are insured in the very remote chance of loss.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is very easy. and flawless.
2.gif

they only accept returns via registered mail, which is the safest way to ship valuable items. the total cost depends on the insured amount and your location. unless it is a really high dollar item, it shouldn''t cost more than about $30 for the return.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Great! Thanks Aldje and Belle
1.gif
Keep your responses coming, I need a long list so I have enough "ammo" to convince my BF!
2.gif
9.gif

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
While we didn''t return a stone to WF, we did purchase one and send it, sight-un-seen to the appraiser. Once he graded it and sent us the appraisal information, we decided it was "the one" and had it sent back to WF for setting. We didn''t actually see either the ring or the setting until after all of that-and both WF and D. Atlas were GREAT about the whole thing. Requests like yours really shouldn''t be anything difficult for either you or them to deal with-just be sure everyone is clear on the return policy. Go get those stones!!!

Pixie

Rough_Rock
I purchased 2 radiants because I wanted to see them in person and was hoping to keep the one I liked better. I decided that I didn''t fall in love with either one. The cost to me was $180 (WF promptly fedexed me a refund check for the purchase price of both stones less the shipping for calling in the stones) on WF''s side and about $43 return shipping to WF using U.S. Registered Mail with insurance. This was a huge purchase so I didn''t mind having some costs associated with selecting the right stone. WF has great customer service. They kept me informed through the entire process and were great to deal with.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Although both of my recent diamond purchases were completed through Good Old Gold, I''d like to suggest the option of having both stones sent to an appraiser - preferably one of the appraisers recommended on this forum like Dave Atlas or Rich Sherwood ... For a nominal cost, the appraiser will provide a preliminary assessment of both stones - - including comparative photos via email - - and also including recommendations for which of the 2 stones is a "keeper".

I believe WF charges $110 to ship the stones to the appraiser, but the full amount is then credited toward the purchase price once you finalize your selection, which makes the shipping free as promised.

I hope I explained this well. Good luck with your purchase.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Diachi, Pixie, and BrownEyes! Those are great suggestions too! I will bring these up to my BF.
9.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I can vouch for them. I originally purchased a three stone ring and decided I liked the look of a solitaire. I contacted them within the time period, sent the ring back, got a check back for the side diamonds and the setting and they reset the diamond into a solitaire setting for me.
They sent out the check and the ring together to me.

When I upgraded, I did the same thing. I contacted them, told them which diamond I wanted, they sent it out to my appraiser to be checked. Once I knew I wanted it, I sent them back the old diamond, they removed the stone, sent the setting to my appraiser and he reset the new diamond in the old setting.
Fast and easy enough, which is why I would buy from them again in the future.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results