shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash W Prong for RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dane

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I have been lurking for a couple of months now and finally decided to play. I am planning to upgrade to a 1 carat solitaire for my 10 year anniversary and thought I was set on the W Prong, but keep second guessing the setting. I would like to stick with Whiteflash and am currently debating between the W Prong and the Legato Sleek Line. I want something classic and elegant. I have a size 6 finger and I tend to be more partial to a little bit thicker shank, but I love the way the Legato tapers in at the diamond. I have found a ton of pics of the Legato, but W Prong for RB seems harder to find (bonus points for hand shots! I have only found two). Any thoughts, experiences, pics, etc on either setting would be greatly appreciated!

Dane

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I read the directions for adding a hyperlink, but I must be doing something wrong, because it won''t work.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me fix this for you.

Both are extremely beautiful, I prefer the W-prongs but I'm more of a chunkier shank kind of gal, but I do like the taper shank towards the head too of the legato, It is a little more dainty on the overall look. Really depends on your taste, but you can't go wrong with either of them. You might also consder whether the W-prong will sit flush with a wedding band or not if that is important, the legato, many here have that beautiful ring, and might be on their way to chime in.

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I agree with D&T that the Legato is more "dainty". I find it looks a bit smoother, but I''m a fan of tapered rings (I think it makes a diamond stand out more).

Good luck with your choice, they''re both beautiful :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a W-prong and I loved it. Here are a couple pics

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple pics of my W-prong. I loved that setting, especially the heart prongs.

mimolaternipema-1.JPEG.jpeg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep getting an error message, but you can see other pics in my thread called "introducing and saying good-bye to Miss Sparklie"

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Might I suggest contacting WF to see if they are able to place the W-head on the sleek line ring? I know that I had options for my WF setting. It may or may not cost you a little extra ($50-100) though.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the Wprong, but you could call WF and see if there are semi-custom options if you like the narrowing of the shank...

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I can understand why this is such a tough decision. Both settings are gorgeous and I love them both. I think I am leading towards the Legato but I like more dainty settings.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you want to wear a diamond band with your e-ring?

I have the legato and it is *very very* dainty. I also wear a size 6ish and to me, it is a little too dainty on my hand. It is also very low profile, I believe 1.5mm, making it impossible to find a diamond shared prong band that matches the height of the ring. I think the W-prong is a little more substantial and so would look better with a diamond band if that is a consideration. And I would have gotten that setting if I had not been planning to upgrade when I bought my first diamond.

Isabelle has that setting I think. I will see if I can find her thread.

BINGO" https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/incre%C3%ADble-my-whiteflash-w-prong-is-here.87600/

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I love the W prong, and if I were looking to remount my diamond, that is the setting I would go for. I''m a 40-something and like the presence and substance of the ring along with the flowing lines of the W prong head.

Dane

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your all your replies. I think you have sealed the deal for the W Prong!!

I do plan to pair a diamond band with it eventually, although that will have to wait for future funding. :)

I am so excited! I can''t wait to have it on my finger! It may be a couple of months, but I will post some pics when I can. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results