shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash or BGD huggies

rengb6

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone! I have a dilemma. I would like to buy a pair of small huggies to hang two golden south sea pearls from. My goal is to achieve a look similar to this

t-huggies.jpg

The Whiteflash huggies are .14cttw in 18kt gold ($480.15) and they are the most similar to the earrings in the picture. However BGD offers a beautiful pair of hoop earrings that are .24cttw in 14kt gold (450$). But I am not 100% sure if the pearl charms will hang properly from the BGD hoops! Which would you choose?

Whiteflash
whiteflash_gold-huggie-diamond-hoops.jpg

Brian Gavin
brian_gavin_huggies.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would assume they would still hang the same - the lever back mechanism seems to have a distinct separation from front and back, so I'd assume it would work --- plus I'd pick the BGD's because I'd really want MORE bling than less - and for less money!

I'd suggest giving them a call tomorrow and asking if your dangling pearls would work on that earring mount - maybe email them the pic as well.

Love the idea - it will look beautiful!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Give them the mm clearance inside the ring at the top of the pearl. If the ring is too small by a fraction of a mm they won't go on.

rengb6

Rough_Rock
Enerchi I'm leaning towards to BGD ones for the reason you mentioned- they have a larger cttw! And they also have less diamonds which means each diamond will be bigger than the whiteflash huggies. Thanks for your input!

NonieMarie|1357072379|3345042 said:
Give them the mm clearance inside the ring at the top of the pearl. If the ring is too small by a fraction of a mm they won't go on.

NonieMarie I haven't had the rings made yet for the pearls so I am less worried about them fitting and more worried about which hoop they will look best on. Maybe I'm over thinking it, they are both lovely its just so hard to make a decision. Thanks for your help!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the WF huggies might look better because - as far as I can tell from the pictures, anyway - they're designed for a seamless look, while with the BGD earrings, you can see the leverback mechanism, which could detract from the overall look once you put the two parts together. Also, as you mentioned, it's not clear where on the BGD earrings the dangle would hang from... that's not an issue with the WF earrings. You might want to ask BGD for a picture of their huggies used with a dangle so you can see how they'd work.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Make sure you compare the dimensions especially the drop lengths. Depending on the huggies type, the drop length varies. Best is to inquire each vendor and request posing photos.

rengb6

Rough_Rock
Thank you VRBeauty and FancyDiamond for your advice! VRBeauty I agree that the huggies from Whiteflash have a more seamless look and asking the vendor for pictures, FancyDiamond is a great idea! I decided to do a google search to see if anyone has done something similar with these earring and I found this topic from 2008. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emerald-earrings.75911/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emerald-earrings.75911/[/URL] .Addlepated's earrings look amazing and I think she may have convinced me to go with the whiteflash earrings! I hope to have an array of charms to wear with these hoops, both pearls and gemstones. I hope she doesn't mind but I had to post this pretty picture!

file-1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The WF style is the one you should get if you want to hang charms from them, definitely. Leverbacks are not made for that purpose, and when I have seen something hanging from a leverback earring, it was because a loop was added at the base and a stone attached. The charms are meant to be able to move on the earring. Leverbacks simply aren't right for your purpose. I have seen many of these. Jude Frances sells them and other designers as well.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446236427&site_refer=SHOP002

jess719

Shiny_Rock
I have to agree. I think the WF ones would look much better. The BG ones seem more like stand alones. :)

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
another vote for the WF ones. they look much better suited to dangles and add-ons.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results