shape
carat
color
clarity

White and Rose Gold Halo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Ladies (and those few of us gents), I need your opinion on the semi-mount at the link below. (If someone can post the picture in this thread, I would appreciate it.) I''m looking at engagement rings for my oldest son''s girlfriend. She is 26, wants something non-traditional, in pink, and with a "thin ring of diamonds around it," i.e., a halo, and diamonds down the shaft. I''m not sure if she is OK with an emerald cut stone, but I''m also looking at some 3 stone round pink sapphire and diamond rings.

Anyway, this is different because of the rose gold. It is from an ebay seller who I believe has a good reputation on this board, and I have a line on what looks to be the perfect sapphire to fit in it (I will post that link in Colored Stones). But, I have some questions. Is it too much for a 26 year old? Will halos be going out of style anytime soon? How would you feel about the need to do a custom wedding band that is curved around this ring and couldn''t be worn alone? All thoughts and opinions are welcome.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIAMOND-SEMI-MOUNT-RING-18K-WHITE-AND-PINK-GOLD_W0QQitemZ8919993929QQcategoryZ92914QQcmdZViewItem

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

It's pretty. Not delicate though. A bit heavy IMO if she is a feminine, petite, or tiny woman. I don't think a custon band would look good with it, though. It would fit a radiant or cushion too.

Personally when I think 'pink' I think delicate and feminine. Beverly K has some pink settings... hold on I'll see if I can find anything.

This is what I think of (in terms of delicacy) when I read your describtion... (not beverly K... still looking for that)-- only with pink sapphires. Or a pink sapphire (or diamond-- can you say $$$) with white diamonds around.
p.jpg

Pearlman's doesn't have the full Beverly K line pics up. But trust me... Beverly K has a pink and white thing going big time... and there are halos for rounds and squares at reasonable prices. I have access to the restricted collections page on the site... and there are a couple of halos... either diamond halos for pink centers or pink halos for white centers on there that are lovely. Here's one that Pearlman's show.... but it's my least favorite. Wish I could find you more pics.
17PP18.jpg

Contact Bill at Pearlmansjewelers and tell him you'd like to see the Beverly K semi-mount collections on the beverly K site... and he'll send you a access infomation for the site.

And look at Pearlman's site under Beverly K now you'll see pink and white bands from the collection I'm talking about

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please update. It sounds like a fun project!!! i Can't wait to see the results!

btw Dimend Scaasi has some rings that might be of interest... especially the ruby one which I am sure they could do with a pink sapphire for you.

Here's the link
http://www.dimendscaasi.com/engagement/Gemstones/default.asp

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the additional suggestions Gypsy and Jelly. Unfortunately, I''m sure the pink diamonds are outside their budget, although KittenKat''s ring is spectacular. I do think my future DIL would like the Dimend Scaasi setting; it is more delicate than the the one in the topic header. Since they only set their own stones, can I rely on the quality, approve it in advance, etc.? Has anyone worked with them on a colored gem project?

Does anyone know anything about this seller?
http://www.mysapphiresource.com/sapphire_diamond_engagement_rings.htm
They appear to ave a wide selection of pink sapphire engagement rings.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of the ring, GK. I love it. It looks very substantial and would definitely be something I would wear, but I'm 41. For someone of 26, she may prefer a more delicate ring. I suppose that would depend on her personality. It may be more delicate in person than it looks in the pic. The price seems very reasonable to me.

pinkdiamondhalo1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know people have worked with Scaasi for diamonds...and I know that they carry Beverly K (just don't say it on the site so that they can sell it more competitively) and that means they must guard their reputation carefully, from what I understand... but for a colored gemstone... no one I know of. Personally I would be be pretty inclined to take the chance on them though, I talked to Issac about a possible setting ... and he was geat, plus I haven't heard anything negative.
37.gif
Doesn't hurt to send them a note and ask, though!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I don''t trust the lighting in that picture of the ebay ring. The colors look too bright, as if they lit it with pink light or photoshopped it or something.

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all. Looks like I should have my son talk to Dimend Scaasi at least before making a decision. As always, you have been extremely helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results